Universal Papers, Please (by 3909)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Dec 12, 2014.

1. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Downloading the update..:D
    Why lame?it's a very unique and good game...
    Price reasonably to..
    They even gave us early adopter a discount...

What kind of medal can we get?
    I only get like 1 medal...

2. AxBattler

AxBattler Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Programmer at 48h Studio
    Italy
    #122 AxBattler, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
    Yes, I'm pretty sure that's right :) The faster you are, the more money you'll get. Well, unless you make mistakes.

3. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    What cheat sheet are you refer to?
    It is required full concentration
    But i would not call this extremely difficult

4. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Just a list of all the useful information found in the book in the game eg countries and issuing districts etc, so you don't have to spend time looking for the right page in the book.

5. Oka-mi

Oka-mi Active Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Played it on pc, will probably grab it again on iOS when it's cheaper.
    Regardless, this is one of the most unique games I've ever played. Intense and amazingly well made.
    This is a must-play!

6. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    #126 LordGek, Dec 14, 2014
    I like your line of questioning, Eli! ;)

As previously answered, most of the entrants are fairly randomized but there are some definite scripted little storied encounters that always drop on the same days and unfold the same way. While great for giving the game extra context and really sucking you in, I find I far prefer the Endless Modes which are just pure score chasing affairs without the clever story bits.

Is it just me or did others actually get a little nervous when you see somebody from one of the wanted posters show up? I mean, sure, in the context of this game they're likely freedom fighters doing what they can to bring down this inhuman regime, but screw all of that, I caught you scumbag!

...and another thing...I find I'm loving the game's intentionaly kludgey UI. From needing to fumble about with the papers on your desk to find the specific indescrepancies you're looking for to needing to nicely line up their passport for stamping (not that the game even cares if you hit the stamp box perfectly).

7. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    Yes, you get five credits per correctly processed entrant (that includes anyone who enters your booth, but you don't have to process at all). If you are finding it hard keeping everyone alive and well, alternate between turning off heat and food. Bad thing typically start happening to your family if you have heat off for consecutive days OR no food for consecutive days. You may still have to buy medicine, but that's only five credits.

On a completely unrelated note, the patch adding back the nudity option is now in the App Store.

8. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Does the game save at the end of each day?

9. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Yes sir it does.. It auto saves once a new person steps into the booth

10. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Come on dude 6 bucks is cheap.. Let's support this guy so that he ports over more of his work to iOS. And re submit your reviews to the App Store people :) :) :)

11. RampageDeluxe

RampageDeluxe Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2013
    Does anyone else find the subject matter depressing?

12. Mack the Knife

Mack the Knife Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    #132 Mack the Knife, Dec 14, 2014
    can someone who has the multitouch upgrade for the booth tell me what it does? the description for the app says "for faster paperwork" but how? you can't pinch to shrink a document, you can't swipe to turn pages. what am i missing? what does multitouch actually do? thanks...

i'll bet there are some here who's parents or grandparents went thru stuff like this. i mean the Berlin Wall was NOT that long ago!

13. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

You can move multiple documents with multiple fingers :)

14. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Multitouch allows to move several docs at the same time. It helps when moving instruction book and passport at the same time, move card from top to bottom while making space moving passpprt feom left to right, etc.

15. Mack the Knife

Jun 21, 2012
    #135 Mack the Knife, Dec 14, 2014
    hmm, you think that's worth money? doesn't seem like it to me. also, i usually play with a stylus!

and for those who haven't already figured this out, the Accept/Deny bar will automatically retract when you call in the next person so you don't have to manually do it.

if anyone has the PC version:
    so you don't have to keep the rulebook open if you haven't memorized all the issuing cities and seals, you can get these "cheat" backgrounds and play in windowed mode and the info is always in front of you. go here and take a look:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=278957129

16. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Well that's convenient lol.. Cheating but convenient ;)

17. TreeHouse

TreeHouse Active Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Can anyone shed some light on how to tell when an entry permit is forged? They all look similar to me and I can't find an anomaly but I keep getting told they are forged and getting warnings and my pay docked.

18. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Check the stamps with the ones in the book. That's caused me the most headaches.

19. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    like other person said, check the stamps. there are only 2 valid kinds of stamps for the entry permit. the shape of them particularly is different for a forged document. very tricky!

20. Mack the Knife

Jun 21, 2012
    #140 Mack the Knife, Dec 14, 2014
    in the MOA stamp, the / is always a forward slash

in the MOL, the hammer always points to the left

ONLY the round stamps have the MOA or MOL letters within them

well, not really cheating as you can have the same information displayed in the game by leaving the rulebook open on your desk. so, this is more convenience than cheating. in my post i put cheats in quotes only because some would say 'that's cheating!' when in actuality, it's not.