Universal Papers, Please (by 3909)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Dec 12, 2014.

1. redranch91

redranch91 Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2014
    Yes it does but you'll have to complete the story mode without losing your job to unlock it. I haven't got that far yet though. :)

2. redranch91

Mar 3, 2014
    I don't get what the fuss is about. I just read the debate in the comments section of the latest TA article that talks about this issue and people are actually refusing to buy because Apple (mistakenly) censored nudity? :confused:

3. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #63 VirtualBoyFreak, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
    I'm enjoying the game a lot, and when I went to the App Store I read that the price is discounted because of launch weekend, soooo...

I've never played before and don't see why the fuss either. The game is great as it is... A great paper chaos on the table :D and besides, nudity is coming back in its full glory :p

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Welcome to the internet, where the wildest and quickest overreaction is apparently the best one.

5. noteatino

noteatino Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    Damn it! This game couldn't get better.

6. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Is there any way to see a list of which endings you've got so far?

Also a quick tip for anyone else having problems with working out the dates quickly - you can change the date format in the settings.

7. AEREC

AEREC Active Member

Sep 11, 2010
    I.T.
    Seattle
    How about on iPad 3? FTL also ran flawless on that.

8. Ragn4rok 74

Ragn4rok 74 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2014
    I'd never heard of this game until today but it is intriguing. I'm on the fence but considering getting it. I'm a sucker for unique games and this is definitely unique!

9. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #69 VirtualBoyFreak, Dec 12, 2014
    And PP runs flawless on my iPad 3 with iOS 7.1.2 too. Believe me, that's what I have ;)

I find it unique. It mixes several game types (find the difference, for example), but it's as unique as FTL. The one I'd compare it to is -very very vaguely- The Firm, but thinking that The Firm is only 1% of the process/gameplay you'll find here.

I'd like to know this too. I've also read somewhere that there are more than 30 endings. Is it more than 20 or more than 30?

10. AEREC

AEREC Active Member

Sep 11, 2010
    I.T.
    Seattle
    Thanks...guess I'll get it then.

11. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    I'm really going to wait until the update to begin to play, really want to play it as on the original Pc version :)

12. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

I had heard of the game before but knew nothing about its actual gameplay until I bought it earlier this evening. It's brilliant, really cool concept with effortless style at every step. Can't wait to see what further days have in store for me. Epic stuff... this is why I'm a "gamer"!

Id say it actually has a lot in common with those sushi / fish bar type games but in a totally different and more involving way with less panic and more analysis where you need to find your own rhythm to feel 100% sure you aren't making mistakes. Love it!

13. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    I think this release benefitted from the hubbub regarding it being rejected for nudity. It gots tons of free publicity by the media.

14. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #74 VirtualBoyFreak, Dec 12, 2014
    The game is fantastic by itself. Sure, it got tons of free publicity due to the nudity rejection, but the game reviews would also do justice by themselves.

This is the original version with the nudity option switched off. It's as if you played the original Mortal Kombat for the Sega Genesis without inputing the ABACABB code ;)

15. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Anyone else notice that Apple stuck this game in the Entertainment category? They did the same thing with Battlelore: Command. It just struck me as odd.

16. redranch91

Mar 3, 2014
    Yes you can.It's quite a small detail at the top right part of the screen when you enter Story Mode and on the Date/Day map where there are 20 small square boxes. It'll be highlighted once you end the game and you're notified which ending you got.

17. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Thanks! I'd seen the squares but hadn't realised what the lit up ones signified!

18. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Just want to play it with the nudity option switched on, as it should be :)

19. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Tempted to buy the game... I'm not looking for an arcade game that relies on speed to win. Is this game based on speed or it more strategy or perceptiveness...

20. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    #80 vectorarchitekt, Dec 13, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
    This game makes me feel really stupid! I am failing already. I've received warnings and I don't understand how to correlate the location names on the passport with what is on the map in the rule book.
    Can some one give me a better tutorial than the game's?Edit: I see the districts within each area now....
    Slowly getting it. The game is unique but it sure seems like work. Not sure how long I want to simulate having a shitty job under the pressure of a regime like that.