iPad Paper Pilot UPDATED! :)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by pante, Jan 28, 2009.

1. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    #1 pante, Jan 28, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
    here is a link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=301639092&mt=8

what's new?

1) made the qualification times EASIER.
    2) adjusted the control of the plane to allow you to climb and dive at a greater angle and without having to tilt the phone as far forward or back
    3) fixed the bug allowing the devices screen to dim to quickly
    4) update the look and feel of the menu

2. Xgamer1224

Xgamer1224 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    how is the paper pilot update?

i noticed today that on my app sniper paper pilot had an update and was wondering how it is? the game looks cool but im holding off because i heard the framerate is bad. i also heard that the dev has said that you will be able to fire pencil missiles and have dogfights with other airplanes later on when another update comes out.

3. WOW_GEE

WOW_GEE Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    Is the update you saw on appsniper the one enabling you to dogfight and stuff? If thats the case then looks like i'll be buyin payback AND paper airplane.
    It seems rather quick though; the dev was just talking about implementing these things like last week.

4. Xgamer1224

Xgamer1224 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    no the update was for

* Made the qualification times EASIER.
    * Adjusted the control of the plane to allow you to climb and dive at a greater angle and without having to tilt the phone as far forward or back
    * Fixed the bug allowing the devices screen to dim to quickly
    * Update the look and feel of the menu

5. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    The framerate is fine. It can get choppy, but you can fix it with restart. It's kind of a memory hog apparently.

6. WOW_GEE

WOW_GEE Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    Oh. Thats disappointing, although i figured it was too soon for what seemed like such a hefty update.
    Anyone know when the dev is planning on releasing the update enabling you to shoot and whatever? Cause then this game is good as gold. :)

7. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Limited time sale from $2.99 to $1.99 going on right now.