Universal Paper Monsters Recut (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by EthanLean, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I might be mistaken, but I don't think the ipega controllers are actually MFi certified. Can you confirm that you've had it work with other MFi supported games?

2. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Yay!!

3. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

it still says it needs ios 8.0 for me.

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    ^^^i don't think they're going to lower the OS requirement...

5. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    This game is excellent. Thanks for the push. I can go left or right and even jump. # Seriously though the graphics are amazing and the controls are spot on. It's definitey a AAAA title.

6. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    yep,really a great game.Even the second time ;) But there are enough differences to have a fresh experience.Looks stunning on my Air 2 and plays awesome with a controller.I don't get the"meh"reviews on PG and 148app.
    "this is why we can't have nice things" comes to my mind ;)

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    See, I think the "meh" reviews from them are forgetting this is a mobile title. Okay, sure...it's a port of a console port of a mobile title and wasn't actually "original" in the first place, but as far as mobile games go, if you're looking for a platformer in the same vein as Mario, there's nothing on the App Store that even touches Paper Monsters.

8. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Maybe the reviewers were confused by the controls of being able to freely move two separate directions and jump.

9. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    i have a very bad feeling about the sellings (obviously,since the fiirst pricecut).It has just 5 reviews (overall,not only in textform.Six with my review now...)in the german app store,that's usually a very bad sign.And"the germans" do like J&R games.Maybe most potential buyers are just happy (enough) with the original game?I wouldn't have bought it without controller support though.That was most important for me,i would have even bought the SAME game twice,just for MFI support.

Shame,this game deserves more love.

10. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    Amazingly awesome game! I am however unfortunately running into a bug in the cloud level in the first world. When I try to jump up a level onto the clouds, my character will get stuck and I can't move or do anything but restart the level. I've had to do this twice now, kind of annoying as I was almost finished with the level. Just a minor issue, but it has caused some difficulty. It mainly happens when I jump in between 2 clouds. It's like I get stuck in between them or something. Hope you guys can fix it! Otherwise, this game is absolutely perfect, and I can't wait to play more!

11. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    same here,i got stuck in"happy cloud skies".

Attached Files:

12. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    So,when can we expect a fix for that?