Universal Paper Monsters Recut (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by EthanLean, Mar 11, 2015.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    if you pull down on the top of the list, it'll give you a search option... and I just downloaded it from my purchased history a couple days ago, so hopefully it's still there.

2. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

On sale for $2.99

3. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Yeah there's been a price drop.

4. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    #64 mzinn, Mar 14, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
    Any reason to play the original before this one? I got the original from purch history & was going to play it first. But I see the orig was pulled from App Store. I'm wondering if it's because this is a replacement that improves the game but the levels are the same. Is that the case? I don't mind playing both but if the levels are the same I'll just play this one. Thanks!

5. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Sad to see that a high quality games needs a price drop this fast. Sales are probably not up to par, and they want to get the maximum exposure while the game is featured in the AppStore. Still not said though that I paid 4,99 euro , because the game is worth it.

6. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Confused... Is the game different from the original or just visually enhanced. Was able to redownload the original on my iPhone from my purchase history but not sure if that will be around as an option much longer?

I'd be open to getting this version but only if it beyond visual changes.

7. Mobot_James

Mobot_James Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Cool, yeah thanks for asking.
    We get asked this a lot so i'll try to cover some of the upgrades.
    Also, the old version will remain downloadable from previous purchases.

First, yes. Visually it is a huge difference. Dynamic lighting, shadows, higher res. It basically looks like playing a cartoon. We rebuilt pretty much everything and just kept some of the actual layouts

Space:
    There was no space in the original. This ads a whole new zone, shooting, jetpacks, new boss, and two mini games and a space buggy.

Playable Over-world - before you just selected a level and played it from a touch menu. Now there is a dynmaic over word (sorta like mario 64) that unlocks as you play. This also mean collecting is more important since you need paper clips to play new levels.

The old levels - Since it's a remake we kept a lot of the old levels but also made some of them longer and added more levels to exsisting zones. Some areas also got some new mechanics too. We've also added some space into the last zone too.

8. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    Awesome! Thanks that will be very helpful in the future for me! I think I might wait until they release the non-Metal compatibility update so that I can get the fully "enhanced" experience.

It's sad to hear that they weren't making enough money off of this. Maybe if they had released it with the ability to work on non-Metal devices more people would have been able to buy it. At least I know that's definitely the case with myself. But I know they had deadlines and whatnot to deal with, I'm sure they were trying their best. :) I would have gladly paid $4.99 for this title, but as soon as the update comes, Crescent Moon, you have my $2.99 for sure! ###

9. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Thanks for the clarification! I'll definitely be buying it although I never did finish the original... I'm assuming it makes more sense to play this upgraded version instead?

10. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    #70 bigrand1, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
    This! And +1 for that! Well, it's their own fault. Gotta live and learn! I've not been able to play for that very reason also. Been waiting for the update so I can get it too.

11. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Geez!

12. HippoHumper

HippoHumper Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2013
    #72 HippoHumper, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
    After watching some of the previews I honestly didn't think this was a $5 game. It looked fun and highly polished, but I also thought it looked a bit shallow in terms of gameplay. So I thought I'd wait for a price drop to buy it (which is something I generally hate to do and feel like a hypocrite because I have chastised people for it in the past). I was so so wrong. All the pros I thought were true yet all the negatives I assumed were flat out wrong. Fun and deep gameplay, has had me glued to my iPhone since I bought it. I feel...dirty now. Like I just stole something. I will leave here now and go write a glowing review on the App Store that will hopefully change the mind of someone who thought like I did once.

13. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    I'm on the fence on this one but you might have just pushed me over it.

14. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I cant see how anyone can be on the fence over this. When the game originally came out it got great reviews and people raved about it. Now this is more of an 'extended' version.

I've got about 50 platformers on iOS and this is one of my favourites, probably the best or top 3 at least. Very highly polished, great graphics, great old skool gameplay and a lot of content

Bargain for the price

15. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    All right, bought!!!

16. HippoHumper

HippoHumper Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2013
    ...well that did it

17. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    #77 Andy C83, Mar 17, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    [​IMG]
    12th March 2015

[thread=256996][​IMG][/thread] [thread=257071][​IMG][/thread] [thread=256963][​IMG][/thread] [thread=254997][​IMG][/thread] [thread=257022][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=257116][​IMG][/thread] [thread=256989][​IMG][/thread] [thread=256961][​IMG][/thread] [thread=257035][​IMG][/thread]

Paper Monsters Recut

[​IMG]

Is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

VOTE HERE

Developers, publishers and affiliates cannot vote for their own games!!

18. supernova6

supernova6 New Member

Mar 18, 2015
    I bought this for iPad. Anyone else having trouble getting mfi to work? I'm using an ipega controller.

19. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Update is out - adds older device support!

20. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Thanks Josh! My 5 is happy now! :D