Universal Paper Dungeons (by Valverde Stephane)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Guys at first this thread started off shaky now its going better so is this game a purchase or what?

2. Fieryseraph

Fieryseraph Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2011
    #42 Fieryseraph, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
    I just bought the game and have been playing it for about 30 minutes. My impression is that this is a really fun, interesting game (I love both dungeon crawlers and even more - dice) - but - that it could use more polish.

If you like dungeon crawlers and dice enough to figure things out for yourself, to click around the UI, and to ignore the grammatical mistakes, then this is going to be a fun game.

This game needs a better tutorial for sure. It took me a bit to figure out how the dice work, what they mean, how to get more dice (THAT is the coolest gimmick of this game, so far that I've noticed - you upgrade your character AND your dice).

I think this game is enough right up my alley that I'm going to keep with it. Hopefully the devs keep polishing.

3. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    My take on this is that its similar to Desktop Dungeon and another game on Android called Dungeon Ascendance, both of which I like but I really prefer games on my iPad. Im getting the impression that in the beginning there is going to be a lot of wandering around and death, which happens in both of the games I just mentioned. Yes, it probably could use some tuning up (and hopefully the devs are active) but I see a future in this. The amount of content is pretty amazing, especially with the user created content.

4. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    So question; how do the modes work? There's like 4 in the description/pictures. How is board game different then RPG?

5. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

All modes are exactly explained in the description, so I don't understand your question.

Can you go into detail?

6. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    What I meant was in the forum pictures. I didn't read the description. Sorry about that.

7. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    This is exactly the kind of answer that gives me a good reason not to buy the game.

8. Tone1978

Tone1978 Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    I really like the game a lot and can't wait to unlock some of the other cool classes. Lovin t so far, tons of content and different modes... The dice unlocking is a sweet idea too
    Tony

9. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Once they add a tutorial or way to learn how to play I'll deff pick this one up

10. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hopefully someone is helpful and posts a bit of a guide. Holding off for now - but interested.

11. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    There is a free demo available on Steam for those interested

12. Fieryseraph

Jan 22, 2011
    #52 Fieryseraph, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
    There is a tutorial, it's just not amazing. There's also a dude who you bump into in the dungeon who gives you more info as you go. And if you poke around the menus and read the help menu, it explains a lot.

I do wish the zoom was pinch-zoom though (so you could make the board any size you want), instead of only three sizes.

13. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    I am really enjoying the game, it is difficult but it is also rewarding. I have only beat three levels of the boardgame and 6 puzzle levels, I haven't unlocked the rogue mode and I haven't played the campaign mode yet either.

I have found that replaying levels of the boardgame can sometimes get you new equipment, spells, and potions that you can keep if you successfully beat the level. Granted these items can only be used in the boardgame mode.

14. Fieryseraph

Jan 22, 2011
    Multitasking on this game does not appear to work. If you hit the home button, it looks like it closes your game pretty quickly.

This, coupled with the fact that I have made a couple of save points in board game mode that didn't take, are a bit frustrating.

Devs, if you're reading, you need to fix this.

15. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    I will buy the game after the main problems are fixed and something tells me i'm not the only one...

16. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    I think this is a really fun game and easy to recommend already!!

17. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    #57 Andy C83, Mar 17, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    [​IMG]
    12th March 2015

[thread=256996][​IMG][/thread] [thread=257071][​IMG][/thread] [thread=256963][​IMG][/thread] [thread=254997][​IMG][/thread] [thread=257022][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=257116][​IMG][/thread] [thread=256989][​IMG][/thread] [thread=257058][​IMG][/thread] [thread=257035][​IMG][/thread]

Paper Dungeons

[​IMG]

Is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

VOTE HERE

Developers, publishers and affiliates cannot vote for their own games!!

18. TheGanner

TheGanner Member

May 18, 2014
    I'm currently stuck on puzzle level 31 with the warrior. I can get to level 19 with all the equipment from the shop, buy 20 chicken and a potion, but die every time I try the boss. I've tried it with each benediction and the closest I can get is to kill the Dragon with 0 hp left. Is there something I'm missing or is it a bug? There doesn't seem to be anything else I can do.

19. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    How do you get different dice sets collected? Becuase in the dice section for instance there it says dice set #5 is to be found in dungeon 5, so i tried several times dungeon 5 but without and dice set drops...
    Any clue someone?