iPhone Panzer Tactics (by bitComposer Online)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 21, 2014.

1. coxy

coxy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2011
    England
    So this is a paid game...but you have to pay to play the other campaigns?

So sad that gaming is like that now :(

2. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Oh my god ... it is the same as in Battle Academy, Panzer Corps and many, many other games ... :eek:

3. Mythbuster

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Same here ... I have BA and PC ... so any reason to buy it? :cool:

4. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

So many good wargames out lately. I'm also trying to decide on Frontline Road to Moscow (after they fix the size issue).

And there are enough changes in this compared to the old NDS release that the reviews don't really apply anymore.

At least the PC version will be released soon, and we can expect a plethora of reviews and impressions from that platform.

5. Lohengriehn

Lohengriehn Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    of course!

missing intro video sequence
    no multiplayer
    combat sequences cut off

for example.

I dont think, that this 'remake' can stand against the superior NDS version....neither on ios nor on PC. Some games better stay on their initial plattform. Instead of buying, erm excuse, wasting bucks on this version you should get the panzer tactics on NDS. For 10€, all inclusive, no iaps, with better layout, action sequences and that great background video with nicer musics and nicer soundeffects. have a nice day!

6. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    thats hard to say. its like saying that i already have prince of persia trilogy but each time ubisoft release a new batch of pop, ill grabbed it in no time and without blinking :D
    hmm, in general and graphics i think this game is better than frontline. its a good remake from the original nds version.
    price.4.99 for more than 30hours of gameplay(without spending any DLC, only the first level) i think its worthed.

7. iPadCary

iPadCary Active Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Civil Servant
    New York City
    All this war stuff & fighting stuff.
    I don't like it, don't like it at all!

I'm gonna dowmload it so I can give it a scathingly bad review
    so then maybe people won't buy it so they'll stop making it and get back to
    great gaming tasks: like the long-awaited iPad ports of "Portal" & "Half-Life 3".

8. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Bad troll!

9. coxy

coxy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2011
    England
    Indeed. That doesn't make it right though.

10. Mythbuster

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    :rolleyes:

11. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  12. dedyp79

dedyp79 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Bought it...and it's a good game ! :eek:

13. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    I'm really liking this game, even more than Panzer Corps to be honest.
    Graphic looks similar to advance wars days of ruin and it has advance wars vibe to it.It was kinda weird at the beginning , but when it put me into real battles I was just "wow" - so many nice effects and attention to details.
    Apart from music not playing whole time ( it stops and doesn't start for few minutes again ) it's a perfect turn based strategy.
    It did drain battery fast thought :p

14. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Just saw the tutorial video it looks pretty fun.. I like the interface and how it shows all the terrain and unit details in a glimpse...

15. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Didnt know it was a 50% introductory.. 9 bucks now..... Are all the expansions now included? Otherwise ill wait for a sale....

16. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Same. I was just about to buy it, but not at $9 and without expansions included. :(

17. pka4916

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Glad it wasn't me... Was waiting for the Weekend, and saw the huge jump :eek:

Forget that..

18. pka4916

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    E-mailed them and posted on their FB page.. but they all got deleted.

19. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    #39 Aventador, Jun 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
    Just finished German campaign, what an awesome strategy !

[​IMG]

Fortress Sevastopol was bloodiest mission.First I had to take big industrial city on shores opposite of Sevastopol which was entrenched with Russian tanks and infantry, alongside with Russian bombers deploying from nearby airfield.After encircling it from both sides and taking it , final push to Sevastopol had to be done in splitting main force into 3 groups - decoy force with fast Panthers and commandos moving from east to take Sevastopol airport and deny them ability to repair planes, main Tiger tanks with officer boosts staging a surprise invasion from shore with transport boats in west and finally scout and long range artillery providing support from opposite shores for both groups and trying to take out any heavy Russian artillery or anti tank guns they had in range.Horizontal bombers were useless as enemy was heavily entrenched in city with at least 6 anti aircraft guns around it.I lost most of my elite infantry and anti - aircraft guns from enemy artillery.

[​IMG]

Another hard mission was bonus one - taking out AA guns in Suez channel.I did manage to beat it alongside with accomplishing second goal, taking the city which got me
    Tiger II prototype
    for next battle.

[​IMG]

Couple of skirmishes before getting to Stalingrad.Snow has just started falling, clouds and blur effects are just beautiful be it zoomed in or zoomed out on tactical map ( zoom into picture to see snow effects, had to resize pictures for forum ). Battle group east is divided into 3 parts.Russian block every bridge they can with anti tank guns and support them with artillery from back while my air superiority proves worthless in snowstorms as horizontal bombers can't attack.battle group " North " is first one to get to outskirts of Stalingrad , but by that time is mostly out of fuel and needs to wait for better weather and support from delayed group " South " that has bigger guns and artillery as it merged mid - way with group "Center" after encircling town and couple of villages on the way.Some of artillery and infantry got stuck into middle by frozen rivers denying them to go further and it was a long way back to re-route them on main road.

[​IMG]

Final push to eastern part of Stalingrad by elite Stormtroopers infantry.Most tanks are out of fuel and ammo on the outskirts of town , same as half-track artillery after fierce battles and bombardment of town to soften up defense for infantry.Even though town is almost taken, Russians are relentless and launch a small offensive from smaller city south of Stalingrad , but it doesn't get much momentum as some of slower tanks and infantry that had to detour before just got there into time to prevent them from attacking vulnerable artillery from back.On the other side of River Volga Russian artillery pounds heavily medium tanks and invading infantry, so taking last part of city is imperative before more losses.

20. Monolith

Monolith Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2010
    So... it wasn't really clear in the intro. If you don't complete a mission with 3 stars on the first playthrough, you can never get the max fame points?

Also, it's incredibly frustrating that as soon as you cap the main objective the scenario ends. I was one ####ing air attack away from completing the secondary too, and accidentally took the main objective first -- game over, no secondary objective credit! So infuriating.