iPhone Panzer Corps (By Slitherine)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Parkingtigers

Parkingtigers Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    I am looking forward to the option to disable the music. It's perfectly fine music, but the battles are long and it wears thin. I've just started on the Grand Campaign, and my favourite way to play is putting some WWII documentaries on YouTube as background noise. Watching archive footage while directing my units is very immersive, but those tunes get in the way.

Also, I would love to be able to zoom in slightly further. I know it would make the graphics more pixelated, I'm totally fine with that, but on my iPad Mini I'd accept the trade-off between size/quality. It's perfectly fine and gorgeous and playable as it is, but a slightly higher level of zoom would make if better for me.

Would it be possible to have a zoom function on the strategic map? That's a really useful overview of the battlefield, but zooming an panning it around would improve it. Yes I can pan and zoom on the main display, but there's a certain clarity you can only get from the strategic map.

Loving the Grand Campaign so far. Dropped to Colonel for this first run, as I know one bad battle could ruin me and I don't yet know what the state of reserves will be like. I'm really looking forward to training up some super elite units, then living in constant fear of losing them.

2. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Does anyone know a good balanced multiplayer scenario I should play

3. Parkingtigers

Apr 6, 2010
    Recommendation: a YouTube user called MaskedElement51 has uploaded a Russian series of documentaries called Soviet Storm: War in the East and they are fantastic episodes detailing major battles on the Eastern Front. Perfect stuff to have on in the background while playing. Nice mix of archive footage and recreations.

4. vogelmann

vogelmann Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Cologne, Germany
    Hi Iain, when can we expect the next update to hit the AppStore? I am totally eager to play Panzer Corps in german!

5. Parkingtigers

Apr 6, 2010
    The Grand Campaign is goddamn magnificent. I'm playing it on regular difficulty, as I'm going pure ironman mode with no save scamming or do-overs. I'm only on the 12th battle, and barely into the invasion of the Low Countries, and I'm feeling battle fatigued (in a good way). Battle 12, out of a potential 100 battle linked campaign. It's majestic. The carried over core units give everything a certain narrative weight. You can't get sloppy or careless with the lives of your soldiers, because while you may win the battle it will cost you the war.

Already I've had several swings back and forth, where several decisive victories led to over-confidence and a brutal mauling of my forces, followed by a careful rebuilding process. My only real regret is no proper after action report to detail units lost in battle. I'm using a unit name generator I found via the Slitherine forums, and I'm very attached to some of my elite divisions. I do have to manually track the losses though, but it's a small thing.

I honestly don't regret a penny I spent on this game. This war is going to take me quite some time.

6. Arq24

Arq24 Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Any chance for iphone version?

7. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    When is the patch to shut the music up in Panzer Corps coming?

8. PipFromSlitherine

PipFromSlitherine Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2012
    It is still being worked on at the moment. With the approvals process it's not quite so easy to pop out multiple quick patches with small fixes, so the patch will include a lot of fixes, improvements, and updates.

Sorry for the delay!

Cheers

Pip

9. vogelmann

Aug 17, 2012
    Cologne, Germany
    Hi Pip!

Thanks for stopping by and keeping us updated. Is there any timeframe for the update? Are we talking about days or weeks or even months...?

10. PipFromSlitherine

PipFromSlitherine Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2012
    I would estimate that we are looking at weeks, including time for approval. But obviously that depends upon testing.

Cheers

Pip

11. LarryWP

LarryWP Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2013
    I know of many games that have had multiple quick patches with small fixes. It's now March 11th and today you put out a new game Da Vinci. Would be nice if devs would fix their current games before getting lost in new ones. This is a really old and frustrating issue.

12. Slitherine Iain

Slitherine Iain Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Panzer Corps is developed by Flashback Games and Da Vinci by Mixel. They are completely different companies and different developers so there is no delay caused by one or the other.

The problem with Panzer Corps was we tried to do too much in the first patch. We under estimated how long things would take to get done. With hind sight we should have done more and smaller patches but we are within days of submitting the update to Apple. I was hoping last week but it didn't quite get completed. It may even get done today if we're lucky.

Thanks for your patience but don't think for a second we've dropped PzC to get other games out. The team are working on it full time.

13. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    I wonder how many of those people who bought Panzer Corps with all the IAPs on launch are still buying Slitherine's games?

iPadHadNotBoughtDaVinci'sArtOfWar...

14. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I've bought a few slitherine games like great battles and legion but I never played them much, battle academy is the only one I need, I never picked up panzer corp as I like having that bit of animation that battle academy has the fact that panzer doesn't have any animation is what stopped me from buying it and art of war didn't interest me.
    Can't wait for BA2 and the warhammer game they're doing. (I'm hoping warhammer isn't like panzer corp with no animation because that would suck, now reskin Battle academy with a warhammer skin and I'd be in heaven)

15. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    I guess it would not make much sense to have animation in Panzer Corps as each counter represents a group of soldier or tanks or what not.

It works in Battle Academy because the scale is smaller so one counter equals one tank.

Have you tried the third Tank Battle game? Apparently Lordz Studio who are related to Panzer Corps are involved in it...

16. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    No not yet, I've got the other two tank battle games but money's a but low these days :(

17. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Holy moly. Just saw this pop up on Steam.

18. LarryWP

LarryWP Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Thank you for the explanation and fast reply. When I go to the Da Vinci game I only see Slitherine, but as the seller. I almost bought it yesterday but I read a review about the sound being too loud in one area and I related the two which kept me from buying it.

I have a lot of your games and have been a MatrixGames customer since about 2001. I remember when Soitherine merged with Matrix. Your games are very good, especially Battle Academy.

I also have Panzer Corps for the PC. Works excellent. Hope to hear the music fix soon. :)

19. Slitherine Iain

Slitherine Iain Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    I still hope to submit an update before the end of the week. We're trying to finish off the things in progress and get it out ASAP. As I said we should have bite sized this and got you an update in January but hindsight is always easy...

Thanks for the patience guys. We will get you the update!

20. vogelmann

Aug 17, 2012
    Cologne, Germany
    Any news on the update? Has it been submitted yet?