iPhone Panzer Corps (By Slitherine)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    heh, yeah that's a non-starter for me too, I'm out for now. :)

2. Power Gamer

Power Gamer Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    iOS games are getting more and more expensive. I bought some games for $5, then even some for $10. But this is too much.

3. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Panzer Corps is up on my App Store. Downloading...

4. dedyp79

dedyp79 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Cool...how much money for give me everything iap?

5. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    In-freakin-deed. I'n not saying that I would NEVER buy an iOS app for $20, but it would have to be something really special to me.

6. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    #26 iPadisGreat, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
    Read and weep...

Conversion rate is about SGD1.3 to USD1. Roughly USD58 for the Give Me Everything IAP.

Attached Files:

7. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    So 80 $ if you want to have everything :eek:( 20 $ base game + 60 $ IAP campaigns).

8. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    #28 iPadisGreat, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
    Installed size with Give Me Everything IAP: 1.2GB

Can anyone find the option to mute the music without having to mute my iPad? There does not seem to be such an option.

Manual in the game is just a link to launch a PDF on Safari, in case anyone is interested: http://www.slithdata.net/files/panzer_corps/Manual/Panzer-Corps-iPad-Manual-English.pdf
    That seems to be just the manual for the PC version of Panzer Corps...
    I just found a tutorial campaign in the game. It is one of the icons on the left side of the screen once I clicked play.

I completed the first tutorial battle. Combat was easier than Battle Academy, but it seems like I will have to heal my units as they become injured, giving it an RPG slant, which makes it more difficult down the road, I guess, compared to Battle Academy where I am usually given fixed troops per battle...

The positive side is it autorotates between both landscape modes.

9. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    I am not sure if all the IAP expansions are actually needed. I have not heard Panzer General players complaining about lack of scenarios in the base game, and the Give Me Everything IAP is basically a discount for greedy players like me who must have all the expansions.

In other words, you might want to just play the base game for a bit first, unless you are really very interested in turn based wargames...

iPadisAmazedHeManagedToSpend$100OnAniOSGameInANight...

10. Slitherine Iain

Slitherine Iain Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Panzer Corps is the full game that released at £29.99 on PC. This is what you are buying when you buy Panzer Corps. This is a full complete game with ~30 missions which cover the entire war from Poland to Berlin with some what if scenarios thrown in.

We later released 10 Grand Campaign expansions which have about 15 missions each and deal with the war in much greater detail. They bolt together to give you over 150 missions for the entire war. This is an enormous amount of content. There are literally hundreds of hours of gameplay for a single play through and there are branches for replay value. These are £2.99 each.

We also released 2 sequels to Panzer Corps. They are fully featured and the same amount of content as the original game. Allied Corps and Afrika Korps are full stand alone games on PC selling ~for £19.99 and on iPad for £10.49.

Each IAP is an expansion, not a part of the game that is taken off to charge for as an IAP. You get a full game for the base price. Obviously we can't give 12 expansions away for free - so they are available as IAP. You don't need them at all but if you like the game you can grab them.

11. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    Don't misunderstand, I am not complaining. In fact, I am delighted that you have released all the available IAP expansions on launch. Just sharing my first impressions with the rest of the people here who are interested.

Now my key question. Any way to turn off the music but keep the sound effects? It is driving me loopy.

12. Slitherine Iain

Apr 10, 2011
    Unfortunately not yet. There are a few things we didn't get time to do before the release and this is one. We hope to have that in a update.

13. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    One not so essential question, but which I think others would like to know. What is the installed size of Panzer Corps? I immediately mashed the Give Me Everything IAP button, so my iPad reports 1.2GB used. Is that true for those who do not buy the IAP expansions too?

14. Slitherine Iain

Apr 10, 2011
    1.2 GB includes the content for all the expansions so it will not get any bigger than that. It's quite messy to try and download the content separately and creates all sorts of potential technical issues so we like to include it int eh base app.

15. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Well sadly I'm out that's a bit out of my price range.

16. devensega

devensega Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    I'm thinking of popping over to the Audi showroom this weekend. I'm taking a loudhailer so I can scream into the showroom and at any passersby. Audi's cars are far too expensive, I can buy a weekly bus pass for £10. They've got a bloody cheek quite frankly and the world must know.

That's if I'm not playing Panzer Corps on my iPad. It's a full featured proper PC game that has somehow been crammed into a handheld device. Also if I choose I can buy all the DLC to extend the experience, all this for cheaper than on the PC... Bargain.

17. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    And most people's, unless you are wealthy or REALLY love your wargames.

18. Kidkaos2

Kidkaos2 Member

Aug 8, 2011
    As a gamer who has no affiliation with Slitherine, I wanted to quote this to say this is all 100% true.

The base game here is a full blown AAA computer wargame that I have owned on PC for years. It has all the quality and gameplay of Battle Academy or XCOM. There are lots of gameplay videos of the PC version on youtube that you can check out to see what gameplay is like. This is not a typical ios game that gives you 5-10 hours of gameplay. This is a game you can play for weeks. A lot developers say that the IAP is not necessary to complete the game, but in this case the IAP isn't even a part of the original game. It's all expansion content separate from the base game.

The IAP in this game is nothing like the IAP in most ios games. These are full blown expansion packs. It's not just "give us a dollar for an extra map or unit". And the Afrika Korps and Allied Corps iaps are actually completely separate games on PC. Not just expansions, but a whole new set of heroes, units, maps, and campaign progression.

The game is deep but not complex. I am not a hardcore wargamer. I have an interest in World War 2 but I am not the kind of guy who knows what the armor penetration of a Sherman tank versus a Panther tank was. The units have a movement value and attack and defense values. You have hard targets like tanks and soft targets like trucks and infantry. It has enough detail there to give you the flavor of the war without getting bogged down in detail. If you're worried about how technical it is, go ahead and watch a gameplay video on youtube and you'll get a feel for it.

I gain nothing from saying this. I have just spent many enjoyable hours with Panzer Corps on the PC and I wouldn't want any gamers reading this thread to miss out on the fun I had because they were worried about the iap or cost of the game.

19. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    My usual question:
    Any chance this has GC achievements?
    If so, how many?

20. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    :confused: that's how I spend most weekends :D

Thanks, guess I'll check out some youtube vids or reviews before making a final decision. After all I've had a lot of hours playtime from battle academy. So I guess it's worth checking out.