Universal Panthera Frontier (By Ayopa Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Avaniar

Avaniar Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2016
    This is becoming ridiculous

So, now that they went full on premium people want IAP?!? Really?!?

Please don't make this thread look anymore ridiculous.
    The solution is not IAP. Why do people even think that they have to pay to get games going and getting things easier?

I already said before, backed by some people as well, that crew experience needs to be scaled up, so it does not take so looooong to feel a difference moving up.
    Maybe with coins it is the same thing, the devs need to "rescale it", so currency is more loose.

I believe the devs already said they would look into this rescaling, but only after addressing the biggest issue which was getting rid of ISP and bugs.

2. NeninX10

NeninX10 Active Member

Jun 14, 2017
    Thanks. Will do :)

3. Kainamor

Kainamor Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2015
    VirtualBoyFreak: I am starting to notice a trend where your on all the threads for games I really enjoy also. I think we have very similar taste. #

4. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    what is the deal with this cloaking stealth ship battle? how can i tell my guns to fire when i want them to? i just select a room and they keep firing on countdown, while autofire is not glowing/on.

5. Avaniar

Avaniar Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2016
    not very hard

I had a bit of trouble understanding that, but you can de-select the room.
    The pause would be a good idea for these reasons.

Because really you can just watch the countdown and click on the gun and it won't fire as far as i remember (because it will be on hod for you to select the room).

6. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    He he, quite possibly :)

7. JohnnyCoghlan

JohnnyCoghlan Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, Johnny from Ayopa Games here. First of all, massive thanks for the incredible response and interest level from the TouchArcade community! So many informed folks on here with rational feedback and honest opinion, we take it all on board. For fixes and improvements to the game (eg experience progress, pause feature, etc) believe me they are all being debated and assessed internally. We'll update you on what can and will be done as progress is made. :)

The main priority for Nenin and the developers so far has been to optimize the game and fix any issues that people are having, and I hope the majority of you agree that the team has been responsive and engaging with as many people as possible here while making these key changes! On that note, we have just released v1.3 on both iOS and Android which fixes some key bugs and ensures the game is stable for everyone playing it.

We would massively appreciate it if you could repost any of your - hopefully positive ;) - reviews of earlier versions for the latest Panthera Frontier version on the App Store and on Google Play, that is hugely valuable to our rating on the stores.

Final great note - we are on the front page of the App Store in Best New Games for the US now, joining all of the other territories we have been featured in since our launch last week. This is fantastic news and hopefully will lead to more players and more enjoyment of this quality game! Thanks again TouchArcade fans, you rock!

Cheers,
    Johnny

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Kainamor

Dec 17, 2015
    You guys deserve all the success. Wonderful game from absolutely amazing devs. It's so refreshing to see a dev so involved with the community and making major changes to the game as a result from criticism. Hoping for continued success on your game and thank you for all the great work!

9. subgenius

subgenius Well-Known Member

May 30, 2014
    IAP to decrease grinding aspects of a game is not even remotely the same thing as IAP to unlock otherwise unavailable content. I already bought the $9 pack to show support for a game I'm enjoying tremendously, and I would see a coin doubler as a way to do the same thing on the non-IAP currency side of the economy. Of course you could rescale the in game rewards too, but I'm just a bit lazy and want my coins slightly faster ;)

10. hbernritter

hbernritter Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Inventory/Marketing Manager
    Toledo, OH
    Small non game breaking issue, I had to back out of the game when you get your first bounty hunter reward in the adventure book. It saved that I claimed it but I still have the red 1 bubble and like I said it doesn't break the game, it erks me to see it. I see it a lot because I've been playing A LOT. This game is great.

11. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #151 VirtualBoyFreak, Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    @Devs: bug report:

1. When claiming more than one daily reward, the first one claims ok but the second one stays with the "claiming" wheel forever. I have to force quit and reload to get it. EDIT: found a way to bypass this one: instead of clicking on claim claim claim all the time, I click on claim, then on daily, then on second claim, then on daily again, on third claim, etc. It seems this way the claiming wheel doesn't get stuck ad eternum.
    2. When I find someone who wants to join my crew, I send someone of the old crew to the hangar (or the new one), and the screen stops responding. I have to force quit and reload so that the screen responds again.

Luckily it's always saved, so I can force close and reopen the app, but it gets tedious when you have to do it half a dozen times in 30 minutes...

12. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I thought the developer stated they removed the IAP and make this a full premium game?

13. Kainamor

Dec 17, 2015
    Yes, there is not a single in app purchase if that's what you mean?

14. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

No thatÂ’s not true. You can still purchase other currencies in games. The exclusive content, however, is only gettable through the actual game itself.

15. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #155 VirtualBoyFreak, Jun 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    My thoughts regarding currencies after several hours of gameplay:

I'd unify everything into a single currency, there's no need for two currencies when you can exchange one into the other.

I'd keep catmium, the IAP and adjust prices. How? Taking into consideration this is a premium game, thinking about IAP as a way to accelerate the normal process of the game, maybe with a credit doubler IAP for those who like me, prefer to accelerate progress a bit, cash for those who want to accelerate progress a lot, and also the option to advance at a normal pace for those who don't want to buy IAP.

Yesterday I got to 10k coins, lost 4k coins throughout bad battles, bought a good missile launcher for 5k and recovered up to 6k coins. Seeing some ships cost 150k coins, and being this the non-premium currency which you can only achieve by playing, in-game economy needs an adjustment for sure.

Oh, and don't try to cheat the game: if you force quit after losing a battle you'll have a mess when you return: dead crew, destroyed ship, and loads of money to pay as a penalty. Been there, done that... :p

16. Xcxc

Xcxc Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2017
    are there more ships to unlock after defeating the boss on the wolves stage?

lost interest seems there's no new goal to reach or something to find after that boss.

also i've read somewhere that the old IAP's are integrated into the game, does this mean we can get the rare crew by in-game exploration? (and not bought by catmium)

17. razorracer83

razorracer83 Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. The epic crew, legendary weapons, and legendary gear still costs catmium, but said catmium can be bought with coins in addition to doing daily, bounty, and treasure challenges. However the more expensive ships cost extremely high amounts of coins relative to how much you get in battle. So, it's a bit of a "pick your poison" scenario, use the gold to buy catmium to get better crew, gear, or weapons to make getting the ship easier, or keep grinding to get the best ship, and pretty much trivialize the game to the point that you can buy a ton of catmium with gold for crew, gear, or weapon pulls.

18. CplNobbyNobbs

CplNobbyNobbs Member

Apr 6, 2014
    nice game, kept me busy for the last few days. I haven't finished yet. A couple of comments for the devs:

- as others have said, balance between income from fights & missions and expenditure on modules & new ships is completely off. I am already in the wolf sector and still in the starter ship, even though I've collected lots of ship blueprints. I don't mind a bit of grinding, but with around 200-300 gold per kill and ships that cost up to 150,000... so I guess the prices have to drop or maybe introduce more ways of earning money (trading?)
    - navigating from one place to another takes way too much time, especially because of all the waiting for the dialogue ("there is no one here commander"). It would really help if you could just select the final destination, and the ship would just plot the route and jump there, one star to the next and only show dialogue if something interesting happens.
    - to me, it is completely unclear what the purpose is of areas 2-99, and in which way they differ from area 1. I know that some special weapons are only obtainable in certain areas, but apart from that?
    - weapon strength/cost ratio varies a lot, also between variants of the same type of weapon. This doesn't make any sense to me. One of the cheapest weapons in the game (heavy gun), does a suprising amount of damage to hull (0.3 per sec) and crew (3 per sec), while a purple and much more expensive burst gun (description: "incredible damage") does less damage (0.2 and 2.3 per sec).I found other guns (forgot the names) that were more expensive than the heavy gun but also did less damage.
    - I agree with others that there is no need for two alternate currencies in this game
    - It took me a while to figure out what the crew skills actually do. Some tooltips would be helpful here

19. TrencH

TrencH Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 29, 2013
    I bought a couple crew members and because I had no more slots available in ship it was sent to cargo but when I look I don't see them. Am I looking in wrong spot? Where did they go?

20. Xcxc

Xcxc Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2017
    ^they're actually sent to the hangar and not cargo.