Universal Panthera Frontier (By Ayopa Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jun 22, 2017.

1. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Think the weapons button switches ships to allow aiming too.

2. Luckithroe

Luckithroe Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    With regards to IAP.... If I'm understanding correctly, it sounds like 5 dollars, plus about another 5-7 dollars in IAP to get the full experience, does that sound about right?

If it's a good game that doesn't sound horrible IMO, if this truly is the case. I'm getting now either way but thought I'd ask.

3. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    They removed the IAP characters and added them to normal gaming in the last update, so just 5 bucks for the full experience ;)

4. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    After 3 hours so far, die few time trying to fight some "well equiped" enemy, i think the reward for all of my action is not worth lol, field repair cost 600 credit and we just earn 1-200 credit per fight lol. Looking to high tier equip is just insane xD

5. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Or you can go back to the hangar to get it fixed for free, and then try to return where you were without getting damage ;)

6. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    #106 imdakine1, Jun 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    Looks great and nice to see the developers being so responsive... do black borders exist on iPhone and iPad version of the game?

7. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    Game is very great, but i can't find where i can compare item when i am in shop... its very difficult to see which is better than your equip item

8. WjndWalk3r

Apr 22, 2015
    What weapon you guys using ? i'm now using 2 bomb launcher to slowly take out enemy guns and crews xD

9. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Yeah i agree it's too cumbersome to go back and forth
    Or im missing sumthin?

10. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    I didn't update mine, I can't see any update in AppStore... and it says version 1.1 in AppStore, with no update.
    How i know if mine is updated version?

11. Xcxc

Xcxc Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2017
    You dont need to immediately repair. Atleast for my case. Example i normally take 2-5 dmg per fight except the tough ones so i would only repair at 20 hp. I use the big gas missile and another missile. Also cloaking field is extremely useful.

Question: panthera 2-99 is a sort of harder panthera with the numbers pertaining to their difficulty? Would i miss anything significant if i skip on them? I immediately went to the pirates area after panthera1.

12. Kainamor

Kainamor Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2015
    You just tap the item and it show dps and all the other stats.

13. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Yes but how i can compare the stat with my equipped item

14. Kainamor

Dec 17, 2015
    I can't find my hanger agian. Can anyone tell me how to find?!

15. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Anyone?
    Is there a setting in game, that is no longer there after the 1.1 update... so I can check, to work out which version I'm on

16. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    There's a button in the map menu at the bottom right if I'm not mistaken which takes you directly to the hangar.

17. Kainamor

Dec 17, 2015
    The only button in the corner shows you where you ship is if you are wondering around the map. It will take you screen back to the beacon where your ship is. I spent about 40 minutes looking for my hanger. I am almost positive it's not in my game anymore. Hmmm am I alone in this?

18. WjndWalk3r

Apr 22, 2015
    I think you have to dock for the first time to register that hangar.

19. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Yes, to get the marker of the hangar you have to advance in the story first. One tiger will tell you where it is after a battle where you're nearly destroyed. Once you go there, the marker appears.

I'm having a blast with this game. It's amazing and a great FTL alternative for my phone. And it's a great game in itself, not a FTL-wannabe. I also don't feel like I'm grinding to get currency, since the basis of the game is exploration and fighting.

20. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    #120 Saucepolicy, Jun 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    No you are not...I've looked all through the UI and I can't find the hanger, my other ship, or the crew I transferred to it. I'm pretty pissed off, I'm still flying my starter ship when I have a much better one missing in action. I had a feeling that I just hadn't unlocked it yet (as the previous poster points out), but that's not at all obvious.

Devs, in your next update, PLEASE make the hanger feature more intuitive. I'd also highly recommend speeding up the transitions from dialog to gameplay. It's insufferably slow after you've been playing awhile.

The game itself, or at least the combat, is very similar to Redcon. So for anyone having a blast with this, I'd recommend checking it out.