Universal Panthera Frontier (By Ayopa Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Answer is in the first post of this thread.

Edit: meant to quote hoodwinkedfool.

2. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Plays pretty much like FTL lite with anthro characters, sort of FTL meets Sine Mora. IAP doesn't seem at all necessary and my crew members have been resurrecting after battles without it. Plays fine on a 7 Plus.

I do really miss being able to pause, though. I'm finding it a little too hectic to do crew management being stuck in real time.

3. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Looks like cross between FTL and Cosmonautica.

Hope the Iap isn't needed at all :(

4. NeninX10

NeninX10 Active Member

Jun 14, 2017
    Hi L.Lawliet, the game is designed for both mobile and tablet. We hope you enjoy the game on your iPhone :)

5. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Thanks for pointing this out. #
    That's the deal breaker for me. I'm getting old so the reflexes are not what they used to be. Much prefer turn based or at least a pause for combat.

6. paendamonium

paendamonium Active Member

Feb 5, 2014
    Anyone tried this on a screen the size of a 6s? I'm intrigued by this game but if it doesn't look/play well on a small screen I'd have to reconsider, since my 6s is my primary gaming platform.

7. Bloodangel

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Can you recruit humans/aliens/robots.... or is it all just animals?
    It's the animals that ruins it a bit for me, as prefer humans/aliens/robots etc..
    But may still get it as the gameplay looks good

8. NeninX10

NeninX10 Active Member

Jun 14, 2017
    Hi! There are robots, but they are also animal. I will discuss with the team and will let you know if there are more in the future. Anyway, thanks for asking :)

9. dlehman

dlehman Active Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Canada
    Anyone willing to post a gameplay video?

I know the trailer shows some clips of gameplay, but i'd like to understand the pace of the game during combat. Also an FTL-lover, worried about lack of pause.

10. JohnnyCoghlan

JohnnyCoghlan Well-Known Member

Thanks for all of the enthusiasm and love for Panthera Frontier by the way TA forum crew, it's overwhelming and very rewarding for the Extend Interactive developers who have worked so hard on the game for so long. We are delighted with the results of the launch and really appreciate all of the support! Big thanks! :)

11. Bloodangel

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Thanks for the reply.
    So you may be adding humans/aliens/robots to the game?
    Be cool if you made the same game but called it "human edition" which used humans instead of animals :)

12. JohnnyCoghlan

We understand the sentiment, and we have agreed with Extend Interactive that the unique IAPs are being removed from the game and the content will be accessible by playing the game normally now. All current players and future players will have access to the same elements via playing the game. The new build will be submitted late today or early tomorrow, so will be live by the weekend.

As other folks have said, great games such as the Kingdom Rush series have used our current approach but we want to ensure as many people as possible enjoy the game, so we are making this change. Thanks to everyone that has already purchased the game and hopefully undecideds will also come on board and enjoy it too - see what everyone is raving (positively) about! :)

Thanks for listening and for supporting indie games like Panthera Frontier, we hugely appreciate it!

13. JohnnyCoghlan

Hi Quoad, in fact a player said that this IAP was bugged. We therefore unchecked the "Cleared for Sale" box in iTunes Connect, hoping to make the IAP un-purchasable. We didn't know it would set the price to $0.00 though! This is not deliberate, but is a glitch in the iTunes Connect set-up. We hope you understand. We are removing the unique IAPs in the next day or so in any case and integrating the content into the main game itself.

Cheers,
    Johnny

14. JohnnyCoghlan

Aces, thanks! :)

15. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Just for this, i am right now buying to show my respect and support to you with action and not mere words.
    Hopefully more people will do too, who like me, were on the fence for the IAPs.
    And as a side note, this proves the value of TA forums - at least to me, and hopefully to more buyers and developers

16. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I'm not entering the IAP good/bad debate, I was sold by the first quote in this message from the developer, and I'm an avid FTL fan who wanted to play it on my iPhone SE, so I'm taking the plunge with this one.

Since I'm more of a casual player and like easier gaming, I guess I'll also buy the IAP's offered (the one-time IAP, not the currency ones I mean).

I hope this is a good game which gives me plenty of hours of FTL-ish gameplay while travelling to/from work by train this summer ;) I'll (hopefully) come back here and give impressions about real-time gameplay, because I also loved the "pause-to-think" button in FTL. @Devs: maybe you could add an easy mode with such a pause button in battle? (Talking without knowledge here, just from the thread's comments).

17. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #37 VirtualBoyFreak, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    Did he say that all IAP's will be removed? I missed that post. I guess I was saturated with so much IAP debate... EDIT: OK, just saw the post under mine... :rolleyes:

18. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle

Seriously coolmove. Thanks for responding and listening.

Everyone else buy this.

19. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Alrighty. Now that the developer has confirmed removing the IAP all of the posts concerning that topic have been moved to their own thread. For those with morbid curiosity or too much time on their hands, you can read them here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=307971

For those keeping track at home:
    On topic game discussion thread - 37 posts
    Off topic monetization rants thread - 53 posts

:/

20. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Has anyone tried this on a small iPhone (5, 5S, SE)? I've got an iPhone SE and I'm worried it'll be too small on it.