Universal Panthera Frontier (By Ayopa Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jun 22, 2017.

1. NeninX10

NeninX10 Active Member

Jun 14, 2017
    #241 NeninX10, Aug 1, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    Hi. We will see what we can help :)
    Please send email to support(at)x10studio.com

2. yanhu0335

yanhu0335 New Member

Jul 18, 2017
    So pity to see still no update there T_T

3. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Any news or update on this? BTW, I'm still hoping for that easy copy-paste of the ID code to transfer saves between iOS and Android ;)

4. BC1377

BC1377 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Seconded xD

5. JohnnyCoghlan

JohnnyCoghlan Well-Known Member

Hi everyone! Just to let you know that the Extend Interactive team have been hard at work at an update for the iOS version of Panthera Frontier! It will release tomorrow, Feb 22. The update removes the requirement to be online to play the game! This will also remove the 'back-up' and 'restore from cloud save' game functions meaning your saves will not be transferable to other devices. Therefore everyone should make sure to save your game progress on your device before installing the update on your iOS device, so you can continue your exciting Panthera adventures!

6. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    excellent, thank you! premium games should be completely offline from the start :)

7. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    That’s a needlessly restrictive ask, because of course there are some premium games whose gameplay needs an online component.

Note that in exchange for losing the online requirement we’re also losing cloud saves, which I see as a net negative. Anyone who decides to reinstall the game now will not be able to regain their progress. Don’t see how that’s something to celebrate.

8. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    #248 ramzarules, Feb 22, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    But there are premium (and many freemium) games that can be played offline with the option to cloud save/download when/ where you have internet access.
    Games needing to be online depend on servers, and thus the goodwill and economic conditions of the company to keep them running. (just ask people who have spent money for Disney, DeNa, NHN and many other companies who pull games down when they dont get their numbers.)

I don't want to start an argument, just saying that cloud saving can be completely independant from "always online"

9. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I have a ship with two missile slots. I literally walked away for 5 minutes and one has disappeared, even though there are two modules on my ship. Is this a bug?

10. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Will this update go to Android too?

11. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I reply to myself, the update came today. I can't find the place to buy premium currency anywhere, so I guess devs have just decided to remove all online requirements and make it a premium game. Does this mean they've changed anything regarding monetisation? My guess is they just removed all online requirements to let people play the game offline because they're going to shut down their servers for this game. Although I'd rather have everything regarding economy adjusted, this is something I appreciate from devs, since it's much better than having the game die, and as of today it's the only alternative to FTL that we have in phones.

12. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

there's also Cosmonautica and Holy Potatoes which are better than Panthera imo.

13. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    #253 deresi, Apr 12, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    Anyone have played this game since the last update? How about this? Is it still great? I personally prefer not to require an internet connection. On the one hand, it means that the developer might no longer manage the game. If so, are the Daily missions in the app store description no longer available? I have read all the comments on this thread. After all, is not the pause function implemented?

14. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Cosmonautica is buggy (at least on Android) and devs admit they can't update it to fix it, Holy Potatoes doesn't have an Android version, and over all of that, what I really like from Panthera is the real time management of the ship and crew in battles, which is what I love from FTL. If cosmonautica could be updated, I would buy it for sure.

I've been playing a bit and I've seen there are daily missions, the tab to purchase catmium has disappeared and there's a new mission where you have to rescue a princess or something like that. Hopefully there are also fixes under the hood for some missions that didn't work well.

My guess is that the devs are going to get onto other projects, but didn't want to leave the game handicapped/useless by closing their servers.

15. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    #255 deresi, Apr 13, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    And the Holy Potato is also the PC version of Steam. If you like FTL, it's good to have an interest in it. :)

16. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    Thank you! Your comments helped me understand this game a lot. I'll try this soon. :)

17. cutepolarbear

cutepolarbear New Member

Aug 23, 2018
    Male
    hi guys. i came across this game on android (i don't see a thread for this in android forum).

What is the best final ship in game (is it Qrazez blueprint from treasure for king salmon gemstone)? Having difficulty finding event for those gemstones.
    I am also having great difficulty beating cerberus bounty hunter. It could be my ship setup or ship (still using Argus).
    The crew member that heals. Seems like it heals very little to make it worthwhile rather than a more robust crew member.

Thank you!
    -cutepolarbear

18. cutepolarbear

cutepolarbear New Member

Aug 23, 2018
    Male
    FYI for those who still follow this thread. I 'beat' the game with Megaladon by finishing the last bounty hunter, with fastest cloak regen possible with 1 beam fire gun and 2 fire missiles. Rest of the 'missions' in the game unfortunately seem very grindy / repetitive at this point. I am not sure I have the desire / appetite for them (ie., search for Qrazez blue print).