Universal Pang Adventures (by DotEmu)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by asaw2, Apr 19, 2016.

1. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Oui Oui! Finally get to try wiht HORIpad. Very nice!

2. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    This is game of the week

3. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    People look at me raging in the train, oops. Boss fight, level 76-ish. Dang, this will take a while...

4. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    #64 sakara214ever, Apr 21, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
    I am playing on iPhone 5 and finishe level 2-3 with the first try and 3 hats. Maybe you are talking about a different level guys? Death valley level 3 is so easy. Level 2-4 and 2-5 with 3 tries. And i am not good at this game. Maybe got lucky?

5. panama chief

panama chief Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    Buster bros!!!! Man I lost many many quarters to this game at the arcade machine by my old Pizza Hut. This is exciting.

6. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    Yeeeeessssss, it's Pang!
    I loved the old version, it was one of my most played games back in the days.:D
    And it's only 3 Bucks!? It's 10€ for Steam and PSN, so I think it's a great deal for iOS owners!
    Downloading now....!!!!:)

7. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    I would be so upset if I were to pay 10.00 for this on steam, but maybe that is just the 'iOS gamer' in me..
    Went ahead and (rage) deleted this game for the last time, today. But looking forward to getting a controller to see how it plays then..

8. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    Yeah, i think so. I've checked the PSN Store on my brothers PS4 this week and I have to say that we are very spoiled on iOS with all this cheap prices! If you take a look how much some game costs on PSN, I think we are very lucky what you have to pay for the same iOS game!

Good that I've bought the Nimbus controller a couple of weeks ago!:D

9. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Yeah.. I hear you... Have you tried this game with the controller yet?
    I am thinking about hitting the apple store tomorrow and picking up a Nimbus too..

10. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    Locks like i met the final boss (300 seconds).
    Oh boy, he's very challenging and complex.
    Spent way over an hour already, but i slowly memorize all the learnt different balls/traps/pattern in the levels before. A true worthy endfight - annoying and yet so satisfying!

11. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    Little heads up...
    Maybe only on my side (5s, 8.4.1), but after i updated and finally have beaten the Asteroid Boss three times in a row, everytime what seemed to be the grand final shots to the golden ball, the game crashed right after in the middle of his explosion...Nooooo!
    After my second win, i rebooted and restarted my device, but nope...
    Already sent DotEmu an email for a hopefully very quick fix.

12. BulkSlash

BulkSlash Active Member

Yep I've got exactly the same problem on my iPad Air 2, I found the game would crash during the boss fight anyway, but the two times I managed to beat the boss it crashed out just as he exploded.

I've found another bug too. I've been working to get three gold caps in every level and some levels refuse to save after I've got three caps. It just shows me as having one or two caps. I assume it's just not overwriting with my new score for some reason. :(

13. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    Just play tested Scotland levels 4+5. Yep, no overwriting for me either.
    Email sent, lol, again.

Never had a problem in the great Bonus mode.

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yeah, for me there are 4 levels in Scotland that register just 2 hats, despite me getting way over the score to get 3. I contacted both DotEmu and Pastagames over Twitter when I came across the first instance of that happening, but haven't since.

Unrelated: I really wish iCloud were implemented into this. I may be switching over to an iPhone SE next week and don't want all my progress here to go to waste. :(

15. evanac

evanac Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Senior Producer
    Nooooooooooo! Four times I killed the final boss, four times it crashed. Looking forward to the next update I guess! ;D

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Did the last update fix that for you or did you post that after the update that hit on the 28th? All issues with missing hats were fixed with that one. ;)

17. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Just finished off the game, getting 3 hats on everything but the final boss. I can easily say this was one of the best games I've played in a long time and without a shadow of a doubt, one of the most annoying. I've never thrown a controller in my life, but some of the levels in Pang have made me want to break my phone in two. All in all, I still wholeheartedly recommend this and repeatedly plead that if you're struggling with any of the levels, keep at it. With that, I delete the game with a massive smile on my face, knowing that if I ever decide to revisit Pang in the future, I'll have do it all over again.

18. Had forgotten about this one, but I think metal casket just sold me on it. Sounds awesome.

19. jabbasoft

jabbasoft Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 29, 2012
    50% off? Click :)