Pandora Box-AppSniper Alternative

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by The Bat Outta Hell, Mar 29, 2009.

1. DieseliPhone

DieseliPhone Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2009
    I use appsniper, usually multiple times, during the day. I've tried out PandoraBox and Bargain Bin, and just didn't feel like they offered the same quality in functionality that I had been accustomed to w/ appsniper. My money is still on appsniper for being the most complete package for hunting down apps on my iPhone. I like being able to limit my results to items in the Entertainment and Game catagories and seeing ONLY those items when I start up w/ appsniper!!! That being said - the others are free, compare them to the lite version of appsniper, and make up your mind about which works best for you.

2. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    I got a reply from the developer of PandoraBox and his permission to publicly post that reply:

(I'm not sure if he's going to join TouchArcade after giving me permission to post his reply here, but he migth take a look for to read the other feedback)

3. Khayman

Khayman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I like pandora better then any one of the others, its a lighter app and doesent crash from time to time.
    Appsniper is to slow and heavy.

4. I have appsniper got it when it was a $1. It's nice does crash occassionaly that's why I wanted manual resync since it would reset # of new apps since last viewed which they did enable.

Think it was only a matter of time I believe they can get 5% commission on each sale so that might be more lucrative than selling it for a $1 so if you can get a mass userbase using these tracking apps it might be worth it.

Will try out Pandora soon..currently it appears there server is down so unable to give it a spin.

5. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    I have both AppSniper and Pandora Box.

AppSniper currently has way more features than Pandora Box. We can 'snipe' and we can monitor the graph of price rollercoaster.

That said, Pandora Box offers a much better experience. It's fast, light and more polished. I'm not too sure about the icon though. I generally hate 'unique' icons that doesn't follow the standard shape, it makes my screen looks ugly. But then AppSniper has an ugly icon too.

I wouldn't mind comparing the two again once Pandora Box update comes out.
    There's only 1 room for this kind of apps in my iPhone, and for the moment it's AppSniper.

6. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    I was about to post something exactly like what you said lol. Except for the ugly icon for pandora box...

But yeah appsnipers layout to me is much worse and its slower, plus a lame icon, but it still beats pandora box in information, and thats what really counts =)

7. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    I didn't mean Pandora Box icon is ugly, I just hate weird shaped icons like Pandora's, AS', or The Quest's. It makes my screen look ugly. I prefer the standard rounded square, there's a lot you can do with it to make it cool and stand out without having to play 'dirty' (with custom shape).

8. Fantasmo

Fantasmo Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Not been able to connect with the pandora box servers for a couple of days now :(

9. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    lol well never mind appsniper crashes on starting at the moment :)

10. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I dont need any of these apps.
    I have App Sniper LITE :D I got it for the short time it was aviable.

11. Anyone having any luck with these. I can't snipe jack squat in OS 3.0 beta. Every app crashes on search. AppMiner crashes too.

12. sumiguchi

sumiguchi Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Developer (Business Apps)
    Canada
    PandoraBox is working find for me on b3 :)

13. Ok thanks pandorabox works great...thanks I'll use that one. Still will keep appsniper around for being able to change country app stores.