iPhone Pandemic: The Board Game - (by F2Z Digital Media Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Appletini, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Unordinary

Unordinary Well-Known Member

May 15, 2018
    Male
    Amsterdam
    Are you in the Agricola beta aswell? I heard they got “great” plans to update that one also.. *shivers*

2. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I unfortunately had auto update enabled on my phone, but at least I caught it on my iPad.

what an utter pain in the keister. Wtf asmodee, WHY?! Ugh

3. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    No I missed that one, I play it almost every day too, so really hope they don’t mess with that one too much.

4. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    I can’t seem to restore my purchase for the characters & events expansion either...

5. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    Those are words many of us have been saying for years now ever since Asmodee positioned themselves to dominate much of the digital and physical board game markets. :(

I’m all for change and “innovation” but it should be a marked improvement upon the original. Unfortunately many of the Asmodee changes have been questionable and very divisive. In my opinion there was little need for a Pandemic UI overhaul and even less of a need for an Agricola overhaul if that actually comes to pass (which wouldn’t surprise me.)

6. Unordinary

May 15, 2018
    Male
    Amsterdam
    After todays update you can restore your purchases again.

7. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Downloading the update, thanks!

8. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    If that’s the IAP then, can anyone comment about the new UI vs old UI. I’ve heard so so great things, but wondering it really is all that bad.

9. Unordinary

May 15, 2018
    Male
    Amsterdam
    Updated with the “On the brink: Mutation” expansion. I haven’t really played the game after they made the app more suitable for the nintendo switch, don’t like the ui or the sounds in comparison to the old ones.

10. Unordinary

May 15, 2018
    Male
    Amsterdam
    I heard Assmodee has been bought by another company again, and they removed about 4 more games from the appstore, this is one of them.

andsoitgoes likes this.
  11. andsoitgoes

Yep you’re right. Gone like the wind. Still in my purchase history and still available for download but doesn’t even load on my 13.

Companies are convincing us to invest money and to just what, pretend like this crap isn’t entirely anti consumer?

I hope the new owner is less of a turd waffle and pulls what some others have done and offer it for free to previous owners. I’m not terribly hopeful

edit: I wonder if they pulled it because of the crashing on current devices? Every other asmodee game is showing on the App Store still, I’m wondering if that’s the more likely reason

12. Unordinary

May 15, 2018
    Male
    Amsterdam
    I don’t know why they removed them, “dream house” was removed and “gang of four” also. 2/3 of their catalog has been removed in the past year so i doubt they will return on the appstore. I hope a better company can get the rights to some of those games.

13. andsoitgoes

It’s so weird. I hate the lack of transparency more than anything, just tell us wtf is going on, it’s not that hard and I think it’s only fair for the customers to know the why rather than just leaving us in the dark