iPhone Pandemic: The Board Game - (by F2Z Digital Media Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Appletini, Oct 3, 2013.

1. CzechCongo

CzechCongo Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    I downloaded this a while ago and just tried to start playing. I chose "never played pandemic before" and it starts a new game for me with 4 players in Atlanta. At the bottom it says to select a city to remove a second cube from, but I have tapped absolutely every element available and NOTHING DOES ANYTHING. I have tapped cities, players, cities in players hands, the discard piles, the direction to select cities, cities after tapping the direction to tap cities, the green arrow button...what am I doing wrong? People in this thread mentioned an awesome tutorial and I am not seeing that at ALL.

2. dominici

dominici Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Librarian
    Australia
    What he said! I'm having the exact same issue. Can't even get passed this first thing in the tutorial!!!

3. CzechCongo

CzechCongo Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    The tutorial started after I deleted and reinstalled the app. :/

4. vahramas

vahramas Active Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Tried to re-download the game. App Store says, game is no longer available. What's going on?

5. falcon815

falcon815 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    Yeah. I noticed it was gone yesterday too. This was going to be a day 1 purchase for me when I get an iPad (whenever the Air 2 launches)... I hope it's not gone for good.

6. falcon815

falcon815 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    Per the developers' Facebook page, they've investigated the matter and have fixed it. It should be returning to the App Store soon.

7. zeratulo

zeratulo Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2014
    It's be awesome to get iPhone support

8. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    This app is going universal on Friday. It's also going on sale to $4.99 for a week. I'm glad the developer did the right thing by going the unverisal route.

9. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Supposed to be out for phone today. And on sale! Where is ittttttttt!??

10. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    On sale, and the universal update is out.

11. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Can see it now by doing Google search for it. But still full price where I am dammit. Hopefully changes soon

12. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Ok bit of a sale now.

13. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Is this fun to play even if you don't win? Is it possible to win consistently or is it a game where you pull out a win 1 out of every 10 games?

I don't mind losing all the time if you know eventually you'll pull out a win, I just don't find games fun if you never win.

14. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Yes and yes..?

There is some luck, but it's also very strategic. If you can get a good plan in with the right characters, you can have an endless amount of fun with the game AND win.

The luck components (ie the modifier plague cards) can make it much more difficult, and can take a winning game into a losing one, add to the depth and add a factor to keep you off balance.

It's like a fair blue shell from Mario Kart. Or like a real life disease spread.

But this is NO Ghost Stories, and is significantly more accessible and much more easy to win compared to Elder Signs.

So yes. You can win. And you will more as you get the hang of it, but the outcome is never spelled out and you can go from winning to losing by poor choices and bad luck, it always seems fair (other than when you get really crap cards that advance the disease).

It's most similar to Forbidden Island in its usage of different professions, it just adds a few interesting layers of complexity.

Simply put, it's really an amazing game.

15. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    @andsoitgoes... thankyou so much for taking the time with your in depth reply, exactly what I was after. I seem to rotate through quite severe game genre changes, rts one month, rpg's the next. Currently on a board game wave so going to pick this up and see what it's all about. Once again, thank you.

16. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Just bought and done tutorial. Thanks for the write up andsoitgoes :) it's a great version of the game :)

17. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Did you guys see the Christmas update (must have been some sort of timed release since the Appstore is closed until the 29th) with the Virulent Strain expansion IAP?

18. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

You are most welcome!! I'm glad I could help!

I hope you're enjoying it, it really is a unique and fairly complex game, you might lose fairly often, but you WILL win as you get the hang of it!

19. Unordinary

Unordinary Well-Known Member

May 15, 2018
    Amsterdam
    Don’t download the new update if you don’t want Assmodee’s new horrible UI, i also lost both expansions with no option to restore purchases and only a buy button

Talbs likes this.
  20. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    I fed back to this beta a couple of days ago, begging them not to ruin the whole fucking app. I thought it had ages to go to iron out the monumental fuck up that is the new UI. Today, I am proved wrong. I have to resist the ‘update all’ button forever now!

andsoitgoes likes this.