iPhone Pandemic: The Board Game - (by F2Z Digital Media Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Appletini, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    No, I only play random roles, exactly the same as I do with Forbidden Island and Elder Sign (in which the characters have a drastically wider range of abilities and and usefulness).

In the base game of Pandemic, the way the game's mechanics work means that using two characters instead of four is more likely to lead to success whether you specifically pick the roles or not; in a four-player game, synergy between the roles becomes much more important. This is pretty well-known, and is why the developers of this app recommend that people new to the game start off using fewer characters.

As Grudunza noted, we'll see that particular dynamic change if the physical expansions make their way to digital form.

2. jakooistra

jakooistra Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Video Game Designer
    Canada
    I just meant it's not up to me. :) I'm sure The current owner has all kinds of plans, especially since the app is charting so well in the App Store!

I'm not even sure who to go to for specific feature requests, but there is a support link on the games page, maybe you should contact them asking for specific features?

http://zmangames.com/f2z-support.php

3. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Pandemic: The Board Game is up in my App Store.

Downloaded...

Download size: 22.4MB
    Installed size: 23.5MB

Developer, release more games! At these kinds of file sizes, I will day one download them.

4. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Isn't this just like Plague? I'm interested but I already played Plague so what's different/better than Plague? Is it worth getting if I already have Plague?

5. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Other than both including diseases and a world map, the two games aren't similar in any way. Go check out this entry for the physical boardgame over at BGG.

6. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    Me too.

7. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Yes, you're right. Thanks.

8. LukeT

LukeT Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Now available on Brazil! Nice... Buying now!

9. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012

Thanks. Is this suitable for single player? Playing multiple roles sounds a bit daunting. Anyone play single player here?

10. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Sorry if confusing you but, like almost all co-operative board games here in iOS (Elder Sign, Yggdrasil, Ghost Stories, etc.) really are essentially single player games. You might control up to 4 characters but its all you doing the "coordinating" as it were.

I found it often easiest to learn these games only playing 2 characters at first as it wasn't as confusing. Once you have a firm grasp on the 2 characters' abilities go ahead and add in a third agent. :)

11. Shasta Hawk

Shasta Hawk New Member

Sep 30, 2013
    There's a 30 minute gameplay video on youtube but there's no commentary. It plays the same way as the physical game plays and you can get by watching the Tabletop, among others, video on it

12. Shasta Hawk

Shasta Hawk New Member

Sep 30, 2013
    I play solo, with three or four roles, with the physical game often without much of a problem. If you're worrying about the difficulty of the game, there three layers and I would play on the easiest until you get the hang of the game

13. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Are people still loving this game? It's been sort of quiet after the release. Or are people too busy playing Pandemic to post to TA. :)

14. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Man, I have so many games over multiple platforms to play that I probably won't get to this again for some time. But I played a game right when I got this and did the best I have ever done in any version of this game. I managed to cure 3 of the 4 viruses before the last one got out of control.

15. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Too busy with Pocket Trains...

16. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA

I totally understand. There is so much quality content out there. For example today we find out XCOM is freshly updated and on sale. So tempting!!!!

17. jakooistra

jakooistra Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Video Game Designer
    Canada
    My wife and I play it every night before bed, generally 2+ games depending on how much we die...

We cranked up the difficulty, and now we die a lot more. :p

18. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Thanks for the comments. I'm going to see if I can get my wife on board. She's not a gamer but she's interested in public health issues.

19. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    Just got this on the sale and I love it! My only problem is I can't see why this is iPad only. It's no more difficult to see than Elder Sign or Neuroshima Hex. Why not port it to iPhone as well. I'd even buy it again to have it on my iPhone.

20. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    How does this compare to Plague Inc? Thanks!