Universal Pan-Pan (by Spelkraft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Rosso

Rosso Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Biggest disappointment in ages. Controls feel just awful. The "puzzles" are just horrible. The entire game world feels empty (in contrast to the nice selection of screenshots that are displayed in the appstore). Loooooong boring distances to travel, just to find another closed door or frikkin switch-puzzle or something utterly confusing.

I am sad that I didnt support a developer who would deserve the 4 bucks. This game is trash and goes in the bin.

2. Rosso

Rosso Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Controls are horrible. Try crossing a bridge with land below - so fiddly it makes you go nuts... so, yeah, can confirm having a problem with the controls (and - unfortunately - everything else in this game)

3. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    #43 raravan, Mar 4, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    OK, i've completed Pan-Pan. this was gorgeous, well-crafted experience. good stuff.

4. #44 AppUnwrapper, Mar 4, 2017
    I don't want hints, but can you just tell me if you needed anything extra to solve it? Bc I found an eye stone I can carry around but I think it might be for after I get past the giant eye. Just want to confirm.

I'm not bothered at all by the controls. My only complaint is that I can see so little of the map at once and it causes me to get lost often. I do like the portrait mode on my phone, though. So iCloud with the ability to use it on portrait or landscape would likely get rid of that bit of frustration. And maybe more zooming out.

5. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    This game is great no matter what some other people say.

6. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    I agree, this is good. It's a very different experience to After The End, so I wouldn't say they're comparable games. Me, personally, I loved the 'edge' After The End had with actiony elements, and the labyrinthine 3D levels, and the way that a level would unfold, turn inside out, and do other crazy stuff.

Pan-Pan is like a little meditative exploration game. You don't really feel annoyed even when you're wandering around the same place doing nothing. It's got quite a bit of charm and while I wouldn't say I thought the puzzles I've completed so far are great, there's nothing to complain about in that area.

I agree that having a wider view would be much nicer. I was a bit surprised to see it locked in portrait.

7. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Just finished the game also, great fun, I like the eye candy as well as the gameplay, it's win win.

8. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Hi Appunwrapper here is a hint.
    you need the eye stone to solve the level, just walk across it with the eyestone.
    [

9. #49 AppUnwrapper, Mar 4, 2017
    Hmmm I didn't, though. I finally got it but through trial and error. Gonna go back and figure out why that pattern worked.

Edit: Just reloaded my save and followed the same path, trying to see the logic in it. I don't. Anyone know why it's that path? What am I not seeing?

10. raravan

May 18, 2014
    look at the eyes on the statues, then - at the little path you've got there. solved.

11. I did, though. Like 800 times. I also looked at it after knowing the correct path and I still don't see how one translates to the other. A big part of that is because there are three rows in the graveyard and four rows on the path. Am I overthinking things?

12. raravan

May 18, 2014
    yes, that is just a little example of how you must proceed through the "main" path.

13. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Did you look both sides, AppUnwrapper?

14. #54 AppUnwrapper, Mar 4, 2017
    Both sides of the tombs? Yes. I still don't see the pattern between the two. What I expected to be the solution was not.

The first two I get. At least, I think I do. The last two don't seem consistent with it, though.

15. D1vi8

D1vi8 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Belgium
    Write it down and it will become clear.
    Look at the statues and write down what you have to face and what not.

16. #56 AppUnwrapper, Mar 4, 2017
    I've gone through the correct path several times now while looking at screenshots on my other device of the front/back of the graveyard. The last two rows do not make sense to me in relation to the graveyard. The part that's bothering me the most is
    the last (fourth) row. Why do you go between the two backs (no eyes) if in the graveyard you go between an open eye and no eye? The third row I don't understand either, since there's only three rows in the graveyard. But I could chalk that up to "go around the side with no eye because there's nothing here." The last row makes no sense to me unless for some bizarre reason you're supposed to look at the path as going through two backs because from one side, you see two backs in the graveyard.
    But that seems like poor logic if it is the answer. Almost like "least wrong" instead of just plain right. Can someone explain the actual pattern because I see none that's consistent.

17. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Here's the full explanation of the puzzle, AppUnwrapper:

An open eye means you must walk on a path in the direction of the open eye, a dull eye means you must NOT walk in a path in the direction that eye is facing. So in the last two, the two dull eyes face outwards, so you must walk between them.

18. Someone just explained it to me a little bit ago. Thanks!

19. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Bought the game and played it for a good chunk of the night.
    Loving it.
    Superb controls, great atmosphere, nice puzzles so far.

Feels like an open world Monument Valley with alien/criptic puzzles that I happen to love so far.
    Can't wait to play more.

20. bensufc

bensufc Member

Jan 8, 2015
    This game looks really interesting to me. But I have a couple of questions for those who have played.
    How long is the game, is it like a couple of hours or is it a bit longer?
    How open is the world can you just go about it as you please?
    Is there lots of exploring to be done?