Universal Pan-Pan (by Spelkraft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    The art style reminds me of Adventure Time. (Just a little bit).

2. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    It's very intriguing this game, getting nowhere but intriguing it is ha ha.

3. First puzzle I solved made me feel smart. Second one I'm trying to solve is making me feel stupid.

4. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #24 ROGER-NL, Mar 3, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    Yeah, I saw your whole video, but I got that part myself, now I am stuck on those coffins with eyes on and they stand in the water, and when you pass them they sink, but if you go left or right they sink anytime, but I just thought of something what I am gonna try now is pass every wide open eye, I think that is the solution because you have wide open eyes and eyes that are half shut, and the door at the end has an wide open eye above it so gonna try now, fingers crossed ha ha.

No that's not it, I am stuck here.

5. Haha that's funny. I just spent like a half hour recording myself trying to solve that same puzzle and gave up, scrapped the video. I'll try and figure it out when I'm not recording.

6. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #26 ROGER-NL, Mar 3, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    Just got a whole lot further, really great game, reminds me a bit of Monument Valley, specialy the Art style but plays completely different.

Did not get the Eye statues yet though, but no spoilers please, just getting there I think.

7. Yeah I found another puzzle to work on instead. I think there's a fair amount of flexibility as to the order you solve things in?

8. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    yep. in that regard this game really has an open world. i solved eye statues puzzle. very interesting. went so far away now, lol.

this game is also like a toy or something. it's cool to look around, go everywhere, etc.

9. Yeah, it helps that she moves so quickly. I don't mind so much if I need to explore.

10. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Wow, you got the eye statue puzzle, I am on that for an hour now he he, tried almost everything but wanna solve it myself.

11. Made some progress! Got a couple of tools. Yay! Still haven't gone back to the eye puzzle yet tho.

12. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Anyone else finding problems with the controls?

Single tapping or double tapping only inconsistently sets the waypoint for moving the characters. Once your character picks up an item, it is a pain to "aim" the dropoff point accurately (zoomed or not). You also cannot drop an item at any time. Instead, there are only certain situations that can trigger your character to do such action. This is a big problem when you have to do this quickly (there is a puzzle around this).

I am fighting the controls so much that the interface is impeding the progress.

13. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    y2kmp3, I think the place where you think you must do this quickly does not actually require any speedy movement. I haven't completed it myself, but I'm assuming it'll make use of another item to solve. It's simply not possible to do it even if you were perfectly accurate.

I've only managed to solve the eyes puzzle, and activated a robot guy. How much progress has everyone else made?

14. I completed two areas that ended up meeting after, via the digging robot. Then I got a
    stick and vial
    . And opened up a new area but didn't have what I needed to progress there.

The dev told me there were no time-based elements. The only one I've come across so far that did require any sort of speed was getting some floating orbs to a vial in time. But once I realized what I needed to do, it was pretty simple.

15. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #35 y2kmp3, Mar 4, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    I agree, TheGreatEscaper. For that puzzle (assuming we are talking about the same one), the limitation was obvious early on. I was actually thinking of creating a "distraction", but that maneuver too requires a reliable drop. At this moment, I am having a hard time even getting the character to follow my commands, such as dropping items quickly. I have also learned that you cannot throw an item over a cliff or carry an item up or down a ladder, but I am not certain of this give my problems with the control. Is this intended?

PS: Forgot about your question... Yes, I too solved the eye puzzle, though I am not sure if I agreed to the logic I used and the way the hint is supposedly applied to the solution.

16. I'm not sure about the part you're talking about, but it does seem intentional that you can't take things up ladders. I was trying to do so at one point and was confused how to do so, then all of a sudden realized what I did opened a connection between two areas so I didn't need to climb the ladder to get there.

Edit: I think I just realized what you're talking about. Is it the eggs? You need the
    stick
    for that part.

17. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #37 y2kmp3, Mar 4, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    Update [Mar-4-2017]: Just finished game. No hints used. There were 3 very tricky puzzles which I was able to solve purely out of the "trying-insane-stuff-that-it-would-probably-not-work" mentality. I brute forced 2 puzzles because of signposting which I missed initially (but realized only after solving them). An unexpectedly challenging puzzle adventure. Very satisfying. The PC version is far superior than the iOS version in terms of control scheme and quick zoom in and out.

I have since switched over to the PC version (the game is on GOG). Hugh difference in ease of control. I can now tell what "actions" are permitted and what are not. This, in turn, led me to retry things which I prematurely discarded which then turned out to be critical. Got 2 key artifacts so far. Parts of the game is very linear. This means if you are stuck in one step, your progress is entirely impeded until you can bypass it.

PS: Yes, AppUnwrapper, I was referring to that puzzle. My suspicion about the distraction is correct. Just that distraction is a "physical" one.

18. D1vi8

D1vi8 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Belgium
    I wasn't very fond of 'Monument Valley' but this game is totally my cup of tea.
    This far, second best puzzle game (best and most underestimated puzzle game = zero age) I have played on ios.
    Relaxing gameplay and this far the puzzles aren't frustratingly hard. (Been playing for an hour now)

5 star game.
    Is 'After the End' similar to this game? Then I will surely buy it too.

19. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Just got the eye statue puzzle finally, the game is bigger than I first thought.

20. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Zero Age is my absolute favourite! It's an astonishing feat in puzzle design. It definitely has the most sophisticated and difficult puzzles, despite being made out of very simple elements.

After the End has more fast paced elements. It's not so relaxing, but as of now, I think I have enjoyed my time with After the End more than my time with Pan-Pan; I haven't spent terribly long with Pan-Pan, however, so my judgement may change.