Universal PAKO 2 (by Tree Men Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Jan 31, 2018.

1. #Bonk3rZ

#Bonk3rZ Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2014
    top of the world
    In the the pc version description it says "upgradable cars with skill points". That point is clearly missing in the ios description ... :(

2. #Bonk3rZ

#Bonk3rZ Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2014
    top of the world
    #22 #Bonk3rZ, Jan 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    It was never mentioned that the ios port might miss some features of the original. Don't want to sound too negative, but at the moment that's a big ouch.

Apart from that the gameplay is great. Would love to upgrade the cars I like though ...

3. Bumpygames

Bumpygames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2016
    croatia
    The only good stuff about this new game release is the music
    other then that none..
    Original is the original this one is below average

4. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Just out of interest, what do you prefer about the original?

5. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    i have no problems with the controls runs very good on my SE

i absolutely love the design and gameplay

update system/3D would be cool but for the price there is already lots od content provided ( and no iAPs)

6. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Yeah when I first posted I said it was happening more on the left but I wasn’t sure if it was my imagination or not but it’s only ever happened on the left turn for me but I reckon I’ve put about an hour in and I’m starting to enjoy it more but equally I’ve got more annoyed by the controls...

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Loved the original. Think this is even better. Well worth the tiny asking price

8. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    In its current state, the game does feel roughon the edges, but my main grip is that theres no graphics settings to perhaps optimize the game performance to your native platform.

Ive tried the game on pc via steam as well so I know how it should play in optimal circumstances. And the upgrades feature missing is indeed a big minus. Otherwise, it’s nice to be able to play it although it’s frame rates are very choppy once you amass a multi-digited score.

9. Jeegary

Jeegary Member

Jul 25, 2016
    Student
    Oklahoma
    whoa like cooler version of smashy road. Nice particle effects, will definitely try!

10. addink

addink Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2013
    #30 addink, Feb 1, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    Good stuff

Great game. A lot of fun.

Very different from the original as no wrecks of the police cars remain after they are destroyed. So you're always driving through 'clear' environments, in return for that we do get huge and varied environments. A pick-up and drop-off mechanic has been added, forcing us to experience every detail provided. The car you drive levels up with every drop off, randomly increasing a perk. The strength of the police force increases as well.

Cash is rather easy to come by, within the short time I am playing this I already managed to unlock all areas and a number of top-tier cars.. This does not diminish the fun in anyway, but it does quickly reduce the game to chasing high-scores. Then again the original did not have any unlockables, only achievements.

Anyway, recommended, more than worth its asking price.

As for the 'pick up' bug mentioned, I noticed that the effective pick-up range is much larger than the indicated circle. A pick-up only triggers if you drive _into_ the range. Sometimes the drop-off and the pick-up are close together, requiring you to first drive out of the pick-up area, before driving back into it to trigger the pick-up.

11. Ann0ying

Ann0ying Well-Known Member

Wow, just wow.
    I don’t remember if I played the first one or not but this game is amazing.
    It feels amazing and looks amazing.
    I played 1,5 hrs straight when I bought it.

Highly recommended.

12. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    I quite agree. I hope the game does well enough to justify the development of more areas and vehicles (plenty of room in the car park!).
    I’d fully support the devs making these paid dlc as long as they represented good value. Given that they put the game out for 1.99 I’m sure that they would.

I’m not quite sure I understand exactly what you mean there but I would say I’ve certainly experienced the bug when the drop off was not nearby.
    The robbers will eventually get in if you stick around long enough but I just move on to a different pickup. It’s not the worst bug ever by any stretch.

13. ttcool

ttcool Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2016
    Ditto, agreed with all you have stated... Cash system is very plenty and can unlock a lot of cars and 5 areas. Curious to know if you have finished a section like Devil's Plains with 22 areas to hit? The highest number areas for me 14 areas and it gets super crazy with 14 cops and helicopter shooting at you, but I wonder what happens when you complete an area?

For the Dev, please move the Turbo button closer to left or right because on the iPad 12.9, the turbo button is pretty far away to press. Also, if you can have iCloud that would be great as well! Overall, a fun game!

14. cadaei

cadaei Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

#34 cadaei, Feb 2, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    It’s rather unplayable on my 6plus. Getting really bad frame rate.

Update: rebooted phone and it’s better. Still lags a bit when there’s lots going on.

15. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    This is just fun.
    One
    More
    Run!

16. PorterJ

PorterJ Member

Feb 2, 2018
    As a GTA fan, this is awesome! Really nice design and implementation! 5 stars.

17. terang

terang Active Member

Feb 18, 2017
    Seggestion for devs :
    1. Make an adjustable control layout.
    2. Make a dual stick shooter alike, ex: in the left is the steer and the right is for manual shooting.
    3. Make an adjustable graphic because sometimes its laggy

18. Jean pierre

Jean pierre Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2017
    I have no suggestion. Just leave the game as it is.
    It is really the game of the week!

19. TokyoDan

TokyoDan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    How well will this run on a second generation iPad Air? Also it seems that this game is not suited to touch controls. How does it compare to the PC version in that respect?

20. addink

addink Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2013
    About the iPad Air I would not know.
    As its predecessor, the game is a two-button game*: it's perfectly suited for touch controls.

*if you don't count the somewhat superfluous turbo button