PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX (By BANDAI NAMCO)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jul 23, 2015.

1. atko92

atko92 Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Male
    EV Industry
    England, UK
    Runs great on Ipod 5th Gen. Used logitech powershell controller and it connected and worked fine. L and R buttons for bombs. Graphics nice and sharp, just like the console/steam version

2. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    That video gave me chills! Holy shoot this looks good! :D

3. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    Yah, this is just fantastic. Controls are perfect and the gameplay is frantic as hell. Each level I complete, my heart is practically beating out of my chest. I love it!

4. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    No squashing or letterboxing on an iPhone 6Plus. In fact, it appears to be optimized for it, in spite of the description stating that it was only optimized for the iPhone 5.

Best version I've ever played. I'm reaching for my Surface Pro less and less these days. Things in the App Store are definitely looking up.

5. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Would have liked to see the 3-star system that was available in the freemium version (but a fair one this time!) - as it gives you a goal to go for. Right now, it's all about unlocking which is extremely easy and high score chases that not many care about. Still, awesome game, well recommended!

6. jgeirge

jgeirge Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Awesome game. The visuals are interchangeable & downright gorgeous! Numerous levels to play ! Also a campaign mode ! Seriously buy this game ! Touch controls work perfect too! Which is very welcome !! My only complaint; no portrait mode /:

7. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    I found the unlocking to be progressively more difficult when I played it on other platforms. That, however, may be due to my limited skills.

8. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    I think the lack of portrait mode has to do with the fact that all the mazes are in landscape.

C'mon! Give it that 5th star!!

9. squirpe

squirpe Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Software Developer
    Honolulu, HI
    I love the game, used to play it lots on the PS3. And it plays really well on my iPad Air (yet to try it on my 6+). BUT...I also used to love the soundtrack. Unfortunately - using headphones it sounds like it was re-recorded on a potato. it's mono and sounds like a very low bitrate. I understand the need to keep the file size relatively small but that dulls the experience a bit, so 4 stars from me.

10. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    whats the difference

I already own a pac man chamionship edition, I bought several years ago. No inaps. What ist the difference, is this new version the same?

11. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    It's a completely different game (except for that part where you eat pellets and ghosts) and in my opinion - far superior. It is a more puzzley in nature, where you need to find the perfect route. I'm sure you can find some videos on YouTube or read some reviews as it's identical to the highly acclaimed console version.

12. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
  13. IPlayGame

IPlayGame Well-Known Member

May 29, 2015
    #33 IPlayGame, Jul 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
    so excited!

14. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Loving this way more than expected. Thought I would play a few times for nostalgia, but keep coming back for more.

15. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    I think he's referring to the previous release of this game, Which was released 3-4 years ago (not vanilla pac man). Yes, this is the exact same game, optimized for modern devices and OS's.

Yeah, I bought it twice, too. It really should have been an update, but I'm just glad to have it.

16. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Championship Edition and Championship Edition DX are similar-but different games.

Both are excellent. And out of all the iOS Pac-Man iterations, PMCE had the best controls.

17. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Cool! I often find that iPhone 5-specific games look great on my 6 Plus--especially OpenGL ones (who knows if this is one) where they always use the native res; or games that have a soft/glowy/painty look which doesn't look bad slightly scaled. (Really, even apps with text look fine scaled up--just with needlessly big fonts!)

If this game supports MFi or iCade controllers, I'm sold! I love gaming from my iPhone to a big projector screen, leaving the iPhone on a shelf and using Bluetooth iCade or Mad Catz. (Even better than doing so from iPad: the iPhone's 16:9 output better fills a widescreen projector/TV. iPad games can customize their output aspect, but rarely do. And the 6 Plus has plenty of pixels to fill a living room screen.)

18. tannerdactyl

tannerdactyl New Member

May 1, 2012
    It's a different game, kind of a sequel to that one. The good news is that the original Championship Edition is included in this, with much better controls.

19. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    Can you explain that further? Where is the original included? So it's not worth me keeping both on my device?

20. brighteyes74

brighteyes74 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Harrow , England
    How do u use the bombs I've tapped on the screen nearly everywhere but still no bombs...