Universal PAC-MAN 256 - Endless Arcade Maze (by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by IzumiNowa, Aug 19, 2015.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    No not on that it looks pretty hard to see, never really thought about it until you posted. I'll check again on mine when I play.

2. PCKid

PCKid Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Game Player
    Western Australia
    Where's Glitchy gone?

I used to see Glitchy all the time but lately I haven't seen him at all. Did he get removed in the last update?

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I just got The Pyro power up! I love it!

Billy

4. Zerodactyl

Zerodactyl Well-Known Member

So, I finally decided to play PAC-MAN 256 properly, today, and man is this game good. The fact that there are upgrades in it, makes me not want to stop playing. Looks like 256 will be taking up most of my time, right now.

5. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #165 LordShad0wz, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
    I think I found a bug. Can anyone try and confirm?

I have the flame and the Pyro power ups. They are similar but different. I just started to upgrade pyro to level 8. So I decided to use Flame while I wait. When I select flame it will NOT allow me to assign it to a slot. It won't even allow me to view flames stats! It's not fully upgraded yet. I should be allowed to use it since they are two different power ups with their own upgrade paths. I should be able to atleast view the stats. So it's a bug.

Billy

6. ggill

ggill Member

Aug 23, 2015
    system administrator
    carmel
    What a great surprise!

hmmmm:):):):):):)

7. PrettygreatPhil

PrettygreatPhil Active Member

Jul 14, 2015
    Love chasing the dot chains, the explosion when you hit 256 = amazeballs.

8. FlyingC

FlyingC Active Member

Aug 15, 2015
    love the game, i never thought an infinite pacman could be so fun

9. BulkSlash

BulkSlash Active Member

I've got a similar sounding bug. I've fully upgraded the Laser power-up and the cool down timer has finished but when I tap it on the power-up screen nothing happens. Other power-ups work OK but I can't use Laser at all.

I'm going to try fully powering up another item, hopefully this isn't a problem with all the power-ups once they reach the maximum stat...

10. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=268887][​IMG][/thread] [thread=268891][​IMG][/thread] [thread=268882][​IMG][/thread] [thread=268924][​IMG][/thread] [thread=268925][​IMG][/thread] [thread=268949][​IMG][/thread] [thread=268870][​IMG][/thread] [thread=268941][​IMG][/thread] [thread=268695][​IMG][/thread]

PAC-MAN 256

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

August 20th, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo & post layout

11. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    It sounds like fun. I'm on my way to it. This classic remix gets better the more i play. It just came out so i cant wait to see ? future updates bring

Attached Files:

12. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Sorry for the delay. In our 1.0.3 update that was JUST submitted, we've changed the fire colour to make it easier to see PM ;-)

13. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    This issue is fixed in out 1.0.3 update that we just submitted. Stay tuned!

14. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Hey Everyone,

Our 1.0.3 update is sitting in Apples review queue as I type, so there are lots of fixes and tweaks on the way that will make your play experience even better.

We also just potentially fixed a crash bug that some players have been experiencing, but it didn't make the 1.0.3 cut. So that will have to wait for out 1.0.4 update that we'll get in the queue once 1.0.3 has shipped.

Cheers :)

15. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Seonr,

Thank you for the update! You guys have created one of the best games to come out this entire year. I would have never thought an endless take on Pacman would work so well. Thank you to you and the dev team for such an amazing time.

Now please do this to Galaga. Thanks. Lol

Billy

16. gaymerX

gaymerX Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2014
    The original arcade game gave you the ability to pass through ghosts if the ghost happened to be looking the other way (not at you). It was not easy to do and when I would do it accidentally, it was always jarring.

17. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    More like the ghosts had to be 'closer' to you to kill you. A LOT closer than in this game - you could clip a ghost quite a bit and get away. Only way to pass through a ghost was a well-timed tunnel entry.

18. db2

db2 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Michigan, USA
    The way the original arcade game worked is by dividing the screen into a grid of 8x8-pixel "tiles". The center point of any sprite (i.e. Pac-Man and the ghosts) would determine what tile it was considered to be occupying at any given moment. A collision would only be registered if Pac-Man or a ghost happened to be occupying the same tile during the same frame. Since the sprites are 16x16, this means you could have a fair bit of visual overlap before a collision would occur. It also meant that if Pac-Man and a ghost were moving directly toward each other in such a way that they swapped tiles without ever occupying the same tile during a single frame, no collision would register, and they would pass directly through each other unaffected.

Tons more info on how the game worked here:

http://home.comcast.net/~jpittman2/pacman/pacmandossier.html

Chapter 3 talks about the collision detection.

19. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    So my new favorite power up is now BOOM! It is awesome! I've gotten it to level 7.

If you haven't gotten this yet keep eating those pellets and save your coins! This power up is fantastic. I've been able to get really high ghost chains with it. It's also very gratifying to blow up 6 ghosts at once in the end lol. Hell yeah!

Billy

20. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    It is awesome I've been using it since I unlocked it. Like you said it's awesome to get into the middle of a big pack of ghosts and blow them all to hell