Universal PAC-MAN 256 - Endless Arcade Maze (by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by IzumiNowa, Aug 19, 2015.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I've been playing for hours and I have to say I agree. The coins are given out way to loosely while actually playing. Especially when you start upgrading power ups at higher levels. All of mine now require 256 coins each to level. I'm having to watch every ad I can.

Billy

2. farmboy74

farmboy74 Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Uk
    Another great version of PAC-MAN which is now living on my ipad. As far as the whole freemium debate goes and me personally not being a fan of the system, well I went for unlimited credits at £5.99 which is very reasonable.

The only slight downer for me is that the app crashed on me not long after the Giant power up ran out and I got hit by Pinky. Anyone else experience any issues? running this on an ipad 3 running ios 8.3

3. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    This shit good af

4. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    two crashes for me - but that's over a couple of days and a few hundred games. One on 5S (iOS8.4) and one on iPad Air (iOS8.4). Still loving this but can't help but think that the kids would have jumped onto this more if it wasn't the school holidays. My eldest and his pals were Crossy Road obsessed for weeks at school but with my boys on holiday they're enjoying this but it's only me that's trying to even get close to AndyC83's score.

5. globbits

globbits Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    #105 globbits, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    I don't disagree that watching ads helps you get to more of the pricier upgrades a lot quicker. Personally though, I find that I'm getting enough money to upgrade the power ups that I actually use, just with the coin doubler and quest bonuses, especially with the red 5 coins unlocked. If I wanted to max all of them out as quickly as possible, then the ads would be a lot more tempting.

I've had a few crashes when dying (ipad mini 2, 8.4) but I think the dev said on here earlier that they're already looking into it for the next patch.

6. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    5 crashes for me in over 100 games.

7. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    When you get the Magnet powerup, you can go for the 256 chain easier, because it sucks the dots around you in, thats very handy.

8. globbits

globbits Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    At least I can now confirm that there's no special "512" bonus for getting two 256s in a row - even the high score still only reports my best as 256. I guess this means that I can stop chasing multiple 256s and go back to improving my 12k score, as soon as I've exploded that annoying Clyde into a few thousand more pieces! :D

9. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I don't generally like pac man but this is the only game I've had time to try so far and I'm really really liking it, always feel like just one more go whenever I die. The addition of power ups for me make it much more fun than it would have been without them.

For me the price for unlimited turns its expensive as if this game were sold at that price I'd think it so for what it is. Yet nevertheless I'll likely purchase it when I get enough time to burn through the lives and play more, it's a clever way to get people to try for free and then spend though.

10. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    To the dev: Any consideration for icloud support so that I can continue same game with powered up power ups on multiple devices?
    I don't want to be limited to playing this on my iPhone becasue the game deserves the big screen of my ipad when I'm at home! :)

11. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Curious as to what abilities you all upgrade? I can't decide which I like best yet.

12. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    This! The game really needs iCloud support. Playing it on the go on the phone, and then when I get home, I'm far behind on the iPad. :(

13. collider

collider Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 22, 2013
    CEO/Owner Collider, Inc.
    NYC
    So far laser. giant pac man and fire are my favorites. Tornado works ok, but you can't totally trust it so you have to move a little carefully and not get too far away from it. Bombs I have no idea how many you get - I have to use them more to figure them out.

@LordShad0wz - there is a timer up top that shows you when the powerups run out - I didn't notice it until I read your post asking for it. Very helpful, but I agree there should be more of a visual clue - like pacman changing color or something...

I agree that iCloud support would be great. This is one of those games that runs equally well on all devices, I hate having to duplicate my progress.

Such a great game!

14. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Collider,

I use they exact same power ups. I really love the fire one now. As to the timer thank you! I had not notice that timer at the top lol. That works for me! With the bomb you get just one and it blows up upon touching a ghost or when the timer reaches zero.

Billy

15. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Wish you could get a longer string than 256. I reached at least 300...

This is a brilliant mobile game, my whole family is enjoying it.

16. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Me too. :cool:

17. genjuro

genjuro Member

Jun 28, 2012
    I've become consumed with trying to get 256 combos. It's so exciting and frustrating. More frustrating when it crashes as im about to grab my 256th pellet...

18. PCKid

PCKid Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Game Player
    Western Australia
    I think the 256 limit is something to do with the limit of the code. Back in the day I thought the highest variation in any game was 255. Again due to the limitations of the ram etc. hence games like donkey kong, pacman, crazy climber etc all ran out at that and then simple repeated levels but harder. I might be wrong. Just something in my now ageing memory about it. Would love a coder to clarify it.

19. PCKid

PCKid Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Game Player
    Western Australia
    Broken code clouds?

Usually work things out for myself. But can't work out why, after awhile, some of the ghosts have swirls of the code sparkling over them.

20. Mr. Gamer

Mr. Gamer Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    I'm a professional when it comes to living.
    In A Town
    Dang. That music tho. I want more of that bangin' beat. I keep feeling like their should be a drop and then nothing.