Universal PAC-MAN 256 - Endless Arcade Maze (by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by IzumiNowa, Aug 19, 2015.

1. sstrngmnm

sstrngmnm New Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Check it out :D

Attached Files:

2. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Diss is fun mah nizzles.

3. collider

collider Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 22, 2013
    CEO/Owner Collider, Inc.
    NYC
    This game is soooo great with MFi (my scores aren't that much better, but it feels better to play). Bought the infinite, not sure if I'll do the doubler - I usually don't, just grind it out cuz I need all the practice I can get in most games :)

4. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Portrait for sure

5. neku233

neku233 Active Member

Jan 23, 2014
    I actually just reviewed it and would love for you guys to check it out: http://pressgametocontinue.tumblr.com/post/127121891806/review-pac-man-256-release-date-august-19th

6. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I read your review and it's pretty good. I agree with it. It's pretty solid. Nice review.

So far that's five out of five everywhere I've seen.

Billy

7. klicktock

klicktock Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Director of KlickTock
    Ballarat, Vic, Australia
    We are looking at adding this option for those who get motion sickness also.

8. Nergal

Nergal Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2014
    Really amazing game. I almost feel guilty playing it for free, but may go in for the IAP soon. I'm not a freemium fan, but this game is done right. The game isn't held back behind consumables or paywalls. It's just a lot of fun to play

9. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #89 LordShad0wz, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    I found a few bugs,

#1- I purchased the unlimited credits IAP. I just tapped the free gift and I received 2 free credits! Since I have unlimited credits shouldn't the game give me coins?

#2- I also got one of the pellets and went into the side pockets and when I came out on the other side I died hitting a ghost even though the pellet was still in effect.

Edit- I see I'm not the only one with bug #2. Back to playing!

I'm holding off on placing my detailed review on the AppStore for the devs to address the issues.

Billy

10. klicktock

klicktock Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Director of KlickTock
    Ballarat, Vic, Australia
    Both of those are in Trello ready to be fixed.

11. DerDree

DerDree Active Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Really enjoying the game so far :)

Is there any way to sync the game between my iPhone and iPad? I really enjoy playing on the larger iPad screen beside playing a lot on my iPhone. But I have not found a way to sync them.

12. globbits

globbits Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Absolutely loving this game! With the amount of time I'm spending playing it, I had no hesitation paying for both credits and the coin doubler. I can see quite a few of my previous "pick up and play" games are going to get neglected for a while... :)

Has anyone worked out if there's any consistency in when it will allow you to go around a corner missing a single dot without it breaking the chain? I've never noticed it let me go over a single dot gap in a straight line, but sometimes going around a corner, it's happy to let me do it, sometimes it resets the chain back to 1.

I've tried doing it at different times, but can't figure out if it's related to how early I start "sliding" around the corner, current speed, the direction Pac is going in / changing to, entirely random, or if it's a bug that it ever allows it at all. I have also noticed a couple of times that it gave me a piece of fruit just by running behind it instead of over the fruit, so it's possible that the collision detection is slightly wonky and I'm just getting lucky.

Also, is it possible to keep the chain counter going after 256? I haven't managed to string two together at the same time, so don't know if it will do something special at 512, but it certainly didn't record the 400 I know I did get...

13. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    To Klik,

Thank you! That's awesome! I do have a question. Is there anyway you can put a better visual clue the a power up is ending within the next few seconds? For instance take the super huge pacman power up, it goes from super huge to normal in the blink of an eye and then I'm dead lol. In the heat of it I can't count in my head how many seconds it's been active. Would it be feasible to put visual clues on the screen for all of the power ups like this? Just a simple count down in one of the upper corners would be just great!

To Globbits,

Unfortunately I have also not seen a way to skip even one dot really fast and continue a chain. It's fine for me though it's something to make me get better. It makes you have to think on your toes!

Billy

14. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Anyone know how I get that 4th power up slot? See pic. Is it a mission or something?

Billy

Attached Files:

15. globbits

Jul 24, 2009
    I don't think that is a 4th slot, the lightning icon is the button that takes you to the power upgrade screen. And I haven't seen any reviews talk about extra power slots.

Yes, like I said, I've only ever seen it happen if the missing dot is on a corner and then only randomly. Of course I could assume it's never going to let me continue the chain, but the knowledge that it might is tempting enough to at least try, especially if it gives you access to a free block of 20 dots or so :)

16. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #96 LordShad0wz, Aug 20, 2015
    Ahhhhhhh thank you Globbits! The reason I thought it was a fourth slot was because when I started playing all 4 slots had the same lightning icon. So I thought there was 4. Thank you for the explanation.

To everyone else what are your favorite power ups so far? What's your least?

For myself I love the laser, bomb, and giant power ups. With the laser it is extremely satisfying burning 5 ghosts as I turn a corner.

My least favorite is definitely the tornado. It's pretty useless imho. Also I didn't really care for stealth. I'd rather slaughter or burn Pinky than sneak by lol

Billy

17. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    With the purchase of the unlimited credits, how does that impact the continues? Can I infinitely continue the same game?

18. globbits

Jul 24, 2009
    No, you only get the one continue.

19. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Great. That's what I was hoping for! Thanks

20. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    #100 ShinHadoukin, Aug 20, 2015
    The only way to legitimately accumulate coins is to watch adds. How is this the perfect example of free & premium? I don't disagree with paying for what you like, but why pay $13 & then continually watch ads to be able to get coins worth collecting? The perfect free & premium would be if once you pay $13 the game more steadily gives you coins without ads (how about just giving bonus amounts after a few runs, no ad). Again, the game is great, no real complaints I just don't see the "perfection". This is a fantastic free model for sure, I'm just not buying that it's also a great premium model.