Universal PAC-MAN 256 - Endless Arcade Maze (by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by IzumiNowa, Aug 19, 2015.

1. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Downloading now on my lunch time at work, but won't get to play it much until after work. Should keep me busy until horizon chase come out at midnight UK time

2. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Just checked in and was shocked to see this released. YES. Strong game week begins!!

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Ok... This game is friggin-tastic. I love it. Instabought the doubler. Havent used up all life yet, but it's inevitable im getting the infinite lives too.

4. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    Is there any reason to buy both the doubler and the infinite lives?

5. db2

db2 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Michigan, USA
    That looks pretty decent; I might have to order one of those. I'd prefer something more like the Logitech PowerShell, but it doesn't look like there's anything similar that fits the 6.

But either way, virtual d-pads! :D I'm dying way too much from mis-swipes.

6. IzumiNowa

IzumiNowa Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 31, 2015
    Unemployed/part-time job
  7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yes.

That is all.

No, but really...everyone who falls in love with the game should probably buy the infinite lives first and then if you're feeling extra supportive and don't feel like the game's giving you too many coins, that's when checking out the coin doubler is a good idea.

8. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  9. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    MOGA rebel is also a great twin stick (modern console controller) set-up.

10. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Though there are a fair amount of coins laying around each game, all of the 16 powerups cost coins to upgrade, increasingly as usual. Starting at 16/32/64...up to 8 times each, do the math. Figuering out which ones will suit you, after unlocking, is a big fun part of the game, at least for me.

Nice to be back with a brand new 5s (obviously they couldn't repair the old one) and find this beauty. Since i already bought the credits and the doubler for a ridiculous low price of $13, i can enjoy now the whole great, fun and deep going experience. It's ridiculously good and i already can see this getting my GOTW.

As a premium buyer, i dare to say what a big BS the upgrade timers are, specially since they're increasing every time. Actually, i should reduce my 5-star thoughts because of that...but i won't. Not in one of my most expensive games ever. I saved so much money over the last (almost) three weeks, that it doesn't hurt at all.

11. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    I'm not a price "whiner" generally speaking, but $7.99 for the infinite lives and $4.99 for the coin doubler seems like a pretty big hit for a game like this. Haven't had a chance to play it yet though so perhaps it's "that good." :)

12. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Great fun this, PAC-MAN was my first videogame love, and I never was good at it, think this one is even better, and I Will play this one longer, thanks to the upgrades.

13. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Payment is optional. I played for almost an hour this morning and was shocked to learn from this thread that it had a doubler and infinite lives. I honestly saw no option for buying that stuff and on looking at menus I still don't see a store button.

14. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Not a hater, just a real question:

Why spend $8.00+ on this game & still be asked to watch videos all the time when I can buy pacman DX for $5 & it's premium? This is a great game so I am really asking. They decided to make the game free & put ads. They will make a ton off of ads. Why pay $8-$13 & it not be premium? If that money removed any sniff of ads I would be more inclined. I can support them watching ads & spend nothing, what is the real benefit? If you can tell me all videos are gone then we're talking. Thanks

15. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#35 Anotherkellydown, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
    It is definitely "that good". Bandai Namco & Hipster Whale are gonna be raking it in. This IS going to be the next Crossy Road in terms of sales, downloads, and overall success.

I'm instantly hooked. Only wish you could use your powerups while they were upgrading, or that they were instant upgrades. That's the "I want it now" mentality coming out. =)

16. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    You are only asked the question of do you want to buy, when you tap on either power up upgrades and you don't have the required coins, or when you have no more...can't remember the name, say "tokens" for starting a game with the power ups you've unlocked already, included as available level pick ups. But you are free to play vanilla pack man until your tokens re-new which takes time.

17. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Sure, you're given the option to watch ads even if you've paid $13, but the ads are "locked" behind a button. In fact, even if you haven't paid a single cent, you'll never, ever see an ad if you don't choose to watch one. They're completely opt-in.

18. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    I didn't see this mentioned yet, but in true Hipster Whale tradition, this can be played in vertical and horizontal orientations :)

And to those questioning the IAP and it's worth, go read Carter's Crater article from the other day. I could start a rant, but not gonna muck up this thread with crap like that. This game was specifically designed to support a F2P and a premium model, NUFF SAID ;)

19. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Just a note to the dev. The game crasht three times on me after I got killed, hope this Will not happen during a highscore run.

I have an Ipad Air latest update.

20. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    I know this is stupid but I would rather the background behind the maze be black. The ghost clouds and all that movement are too distracting