Universal PAC-MAN 256 - Endless Arcade Maze (by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by IzumiNowa, Aug 19, 2015.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Why is it so rampant in all the games? How are they hacking them in the first place. It's literally almost every major game.

Billy

2. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Crossy Roads got the Everyplay treatment. I hope this will get the tech so those of us that want to show off our skills can

3. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    Low self esteem? Where there's a will, there's a way? Is it a jailbreak thing? I do find it interesting that a lot of the hacked scores are the exact same score. The highest hacked score is repeated in the top 41 scores and a ridiculous score too. 9 quintillion, really? Why stop there...

4. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    I suspect it's just stupid hex editing or something like that that the cheaters are using. They are just finding the largest integer that the game will accept as a high score and entering it in to the string where the HS is recorded. It doesn't make any sense as there's no benefit to them that I can see. It's obviously a fake score so it's not like they get any glory from appearing to have mastered the game. At best they get the "glory" of being one of a few dozen or a few thousand people who have way too much free time and nothing better to do than screw up other peoples entertainment...I don't know why devs don't at least put a max score limit on the boards to eliminate the goofy scores.

5. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Not sure why the leaderboards can't be cleaned once a day. It can't take that much effort.

6. 7lilwhitewolf7

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    This iz the highest i've got with "Earn" since playing#

Attached Files:

7. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Unfortunately it's a HUGE effort to clean out. Apple definitely don't make it easy :(

It's something the team at Bandai Namco are looking into though, so stay tuned for some form of clean up at some stage!

8. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Yay for fixes!

Cloud saves are on our "to look into" list... no eta at the moment, sorry.
    If we do add cloud saving, it'll likely be Manual push and pull. Too many horror stories of data stomps with auto cloud syncs :(

9. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Specific boards? Example images?

10. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Still addicted to this and play it daily.

Will you fix the random crashes? Also my device (Mini 2) heats up too much while I play this, will there be any performance related improvements? The heating is really annoying.

11. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    256s are my labor of love. Dem, sounds and blinking lights!

12. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #212 LordShad0wz, Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
    While the bugs the update intended to fix did work, they've introduced new ones. I've had ghosts sit there and I go right through them. I've had sound glitches where it constantly sounds like you are eating pellets even while viewing ads and upgrading power ups. The pellet chomping sound only stops after a new game is started.

Just a bunch of small weird glitches that were NOT there before the update. I, however, have not had any crashes.

Devs have others complained of the wrist bugs I've experienced?

Also I really don't get people. Have you guys read the AppStore reviews? People are consistently saying they just wait forever to play. How terrible. It must be frustrating for the developers. I'd want to punch each one of them in the mouth lol. They can play non stop for as long as they want. They just won't get power ups without the credits. The game is totally fun even with just the power pellets. The Devs should put in an upgrade for the pellets that do increase their time and frequency of appearance. This would make the game more fun for those that don't want to pay.

Billy

13. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    This happens a lot as well.

14. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    We have our next update already in the Apple review queue.

That crash bug fix & lots of other fixes are in there :)

No performance improvements on the way in the next update as the game is as optimised as it's going to get right now. Have you tried turning on conserve battery? That will drop the game to 30fps and help with heat.

A future update will allow you to turn off the background particles and background flashing effects if you want, so that might also help.

15. 7lilwhitewolf7

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Yo! Seonr will we get Everyplay? I didnt think it wuz possible, i juz got 256 back to back, yeeeyaaayah!!!! Hear iz an Eyedea: till the GC get corrected how about those of us that achieve 256 post or how many times achieved in mabey a week?

This iz another higher "Earn Gift"

Attached Files:

16. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Holy crap you got it back to back? That's freaken awesome! What power ups do you use?

Billy

17. 7lilwhitewolf7

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    ThnX m'Lord! I wuz also a bit upset that those that complained to be "waiting forever" missed the very visible "Free Play no PU". You either support the Devs or be cool with the options of play they provide. Plus they are very generous with vid earnings to wind down the time once your skills are up. I used it to my advantage. I didn't think i could get very far w/o any PUs. It is very possible you can wit juz PPs. My load out to get the double =

1."you're not a Ghost if my Laser sees you"
    2. "Donky Kong aint got nothin on me
    Giant Super Pac Man"
    3. "Austin Power Pellet Mini Me's
    #

I really hope they include in future updates his Wife & Kid wit implementing Everyplay or Kamcord tech so we can have mo fun wit this great piece of Videogame history.

18. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Wakka Wakka!

PAC-MAN 256 version 1.0.4 finally hit today... just the beginning of our journey, but a good solid update that fixes stuff, improves stuff and well, makes things more Wakka Wakka!

Lots more on the way.... stay tuned!

19. 7lilwhitewolf7

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Today iz juz Awesome wit tha updates Yo! Thank you. Stayin tuned

20. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Still giving this one-handed played pearl a go every day. Actually, everytime i have a sit-in ;)

Yesterday i almost lost my two legs because i was s(h)itting for too long with my new record score of 35k. Considering those (still but always) hacked scores, i'm definitely under the best 1000 players out of 4.1 millions. Yes, i'm very proud.

And thanks for the free 2048 coins, supplementary.