P90x

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Booch138, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Who here has tried it?

I have had a couple friends do it and they lost a great deal of weight. But I am still not too sure on it... what kind of workouts do they do on the DVD's? Is it worth the hefty price of admission? I hear it whoops your ass, and that's what me and my wife are looking for as we cannot afford the gym any longer, and were pretty much stuck being home bodies with the baby. I am getting fat and overweight beyond my liking since the baby has been around. And I need to do something about it now. This seems extreme as I hear it is straight up grueling but I don't know. Need something...

2. Duke Floss

Duke Floss Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Writer - Producer - Engineer
    English Roundabout
    don't start heavy with anything right away - start gentle and build gradual.

3. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Good idea. One of the more experienced friends I have with the program said I should NOT start with P90x right away, but is going to burn me this other program (forgot the name) that is apparantly the perfect place to start. for 6 weeks then go to P90x.

As much as I want to lose weight, I don't want to kill myself hahaha

4. Aussie

Aussie Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2010
    School.
    I just made a thread about my exercise schedule and I took everybody's advice. Do P90X

-"Do your best and forget the rest!!!"

5. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I used to go to the gym at least 4 times a week before Ian was born. I stopped going shortly before my wife had him. Got too busy and stuff. Now near 6 months later of having no physical fitness in me I am in the primal urge to get the f*ck up and do something about my slothful self. It's just hard with a tight budget and having to be home so much.

6. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    I did it a year ago but since I moved to a dorm, I can't really do it here. I strongly recommend doing some other program to build up to it as it really is grueling. If your really out of shape, likely your gonna frequently skip days and that defeats the purpose. It really isn't that expensive, I got mine off craigslist for about $60 and now it's like $50 because most people copy it and then sell the hard copy afterwards. Hope this helps.

7. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Yeah I have a co-worker who is just going to let me burn them off of her. Creating the images now!

She also is letting me burn a program off of her that is 6 weeks that she claims is perfect for getting into the swing of things before P90x. Can't wait ;)

8. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I was going to LA Fitness for a while but the problem is I have to be home alot. The nearest gym is like 30 minutes away and I can't take that kind of time out hardly anymore, especially since me AND my wife want to get into shape.

But this sounds pretty cool since it's on the Wii and I would be able to stay at home ;)

Have you tried it yourself? Any good?

9. kingcobra

kingcobra Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2010
    No I havent tried it, but ive been looking into getting one of these, even though I have a gym membership, I find the whole working out/gym mix more appealing...

Plus I always trust amazon reviews, and an average of 4 1/2 from 251 reviews is really good...you really cant go wrong for $15 some change....get something to make it to $25 total checkout and its free shipping and no tax (at least no tax for me here in CA)

10. tzual

tzual Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Oh my gosh, Ab Ripper X kills!

11. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Yeah I will have to look into it. The Wii boxing that comes on the Wii Sports disc along kills me after a few games LOL

I can imagine. I'm currently burning the DVD's as we speak and just some of the names of the shit is scaring me already lol.

12. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Bumped this to say that I just got a new copy of it for a pretty good price. Will be starting this Sunday. Anyone did it, or is still doing it now?