Universal Oz: Broken Kingdom (by NEXON M Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PROAPK, May 19, 2016.

1. youtube_JasonWivart

youtube_JasonWivart Active Member

May 1, 2016
    The game is actually very good. It is also super challenging as well which is a nice change of pace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dze0-pV-Sks

Check out some 1st look gameplay footage and keep it locked to my channel for more tips tricks and cheats in the coming days to crush the game!

2. Ivica

Ivica Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2015
    Im in

3. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    I love this game! Awesome Cards, and animations. Tons of awesome abilities. Great Campaign, completely farmable, and decent story. But what is really cool, is that it is a live pvp arena, thats pretty much unheard of in a game like this. Also very liberal with cards drops, etc..

4. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I joined.

5. KineticBlur

KineticBlur Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    For a game that's supposedly been out since April/May this year in beta (from what I understand), there's shockingly little information about it as far as tips/tricks/strategies go. The official forums are empty, nothing on Reddit, and nothing anywhere else (including on GameFaqs).

I like the game though. Finished the first area, Munchkinville and got my character/team up to Level 9. Used to win a lot of Arena matches but now getting paired consistently against level 14 opponents and above, all of which I obviously lose. I hope matchmaking gets fixed to be more consistent.

I can't decide which "character" to main though, still. I like the Tin Man since he hard counters the game's starting character, the Rogue (sorry, not good with names). The rogue's good as well, and I see a lot of higher level players using the Lion. I'm at the point where I have to 'evolve' my first character and I have no idea who I "should" choose though. Let's see.

Anyone else enjoying one specific character over the rest? Do share!

6. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    #46 Rain1dog, Sep 17, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
    Just joined!

Aeneid

Love the DW rogue. I have a healer at level 7 with me and have two DoTs leveled up pretty high to inflict over 200 dmg at the point of attack then over 400 dmg over 3 turns. A stun, a slow, then an attack that gives a 50% to crit over 3 turns. When the stars align I can chew thru some HP. I have 4 gem slots opened with + 40 defense and + 20 evasion.

Also have a skill that's a finishing blow... If other player is inflected with a debuff I can land for 550-650 dmg.

Loving it so far.

7. Ivica

Ivica Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2015
    I evolved all 4 to the first stage, and im lvl 12 now. Ophelia is my fav, but scarecrow feels the best for the story missions

8. FusionFountain

Jun 19, 2016
    I usually check things out first, but I just didn't click on this in the App Store because I saw the license and went, "oh probably some match 3 whatever thing." I like how it looks, I'm excited to see what this is.

9. morpheus

morpheus Active Member

Mar 15, 2011
    USA
    #49 morpheus, Sep 17, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
    It took me more time to download it than delete it.

It has some nice graphics and art but that horrible cliche intro and then straight into the F2P - no surprise from Nexon of course, being the Korean masters of F2P.

The reasons all these games use Wizard of Oz by the way is that the book is a public domain IP. No royalties to pay to the creator, more money for Nexon.

However the film is still copyrighted, and you can't use the likeness of Judy Garland either. Hence, Dorothy has mysteriously 'disappeared'. I will bet that if she is ever revealed, she will look nothing like Dorothy from the film. The original Dorothy and Wizard from the illustrations in the books look quite different to what most people know from the film.

10. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Very interesting! Thanks for sharing.

11. Serenityinaz12

Serenityinaz12 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2015
    So - if you're in an arena duel and the other person rage quits or forfeits, guess what? It counts as a loss for YOU. Yeah that's awesome, especially when you are dealing with petty little kids. Has happened to me a few times now where the opponent forfeits and I lose my win streak and lose trophies as if I lost. That needs to be fixed pronto.

12. iPhone_Junky

iPhone_Junky Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Just startet playing the game and have a lot of questions.

What is the best use for the smaragds?
    Are the character coins the same as the silver coins but only for the selected character?
    How can you use the energy potions?
    What is the relation from the character stats to the cards?
    Have you found any must have card combinations for the different characters?

13. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    I don't believe that's the case. Someone forfeited to me yesterday and I picked up the win.

14. Serenityinaz12

Serenityinaz12 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2015
    I love when someone else tells you the experience you had didn't exist

15. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Lmao yes serenity! You know nothing Jon Snow! No but seriously that did happen to me yesterday. Someone came in and quit immediately and I got the loss. I was like wtf! Haha it's only happened once though. I just crush everyone else with my lion. He's so beast (no pun intended) in the arena. I've crushed people higher than me a lot. He can just add so much with his bleed and finishers

16. Ivica

Ivica Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2015
    Its a bug, i reported it.

17. MarcRBravo

MarcRBravo Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Does anyone know how to use a healing potion? I got a yellow one, and it's in my inventory. How do I use it? I figured there would be a button somewhere while I'm in battle. I've tapped everything, but can't figure it out.

18. KineticBlur

KineticBlur Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    I'm Level 13 and dominating arena Tier 2 with Lion... probably a 80% winrate or so. Here are a few points I think contribute to my winrate and strategy:

- I use 2 rare companions, the Brigade Leader (flying monkey) at Level 6 and the other is the Brute (sabertooth) at Level 5. Both come with a hefty 700+ health so not really easy to take down for opponents. Even though I got an Epic companion (the swordsman), having him at Level 2 is still much weaker than having the rare Level 5 one in my matches.

- I always take down the opponent's weakest companion, either on the left or the right. Why? Because my companion who has no enemy across him, all of a starts focusing fire on my opponent. Pretty standard strategy that's worked well for me.

Abilities I use with Lion
    - Force Lance, 2 Mana - upgraded to Level 6, busts a single target for 181 damage. Cheap and effective when Mana is low.

- King of the Beasts, 3 Mana - upgraded to Level 4, early 217 armor boost + fills up your courage. Yes please.

- Backhand Swipe, 4 Mana - upgraded to Level 5, easily my favorite skill. Blinds + reduces the speed of 2 adjacent targets for 3 turns, + 50 bonus damage from the swipe. Love it.

- Savage Rakes, 4 Mana - upgraded to Level 2, performs 3 slashes that hit 2 adjacent enemies (ie: at my level, it does 179 damage to 2 adjacent enemies)

- Savage Noble, 5 Mana - upgraded to Level 2, gives me 163 armor + increased attack for 4 turns. Love it.

- Maim, 5 Mana - upgraded to Level 3, deals 187 damage when cast and 96 damage each turn, + slows the opponent.

And that's it. I prefer to run the above and it's working amazingly well for me, as opposed to removing something and adding a high-cost, high-damage finisher. No thanks :)

19. iPhone_Junky

iPhone_Junky Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Interesting set of cards.
    How did you manage to get them?
    I had just a look - besides Force Lance I have not even one of them (level 11).

20. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    How do you use ultimate skill when all the bars get filled up?