Universal Oz: Broken Kingdom (by NEXON M Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PROAPK, May 19, 2016.

1. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Yeah very polished

2. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    #######now that's funny call his AZZ out

3. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Persistent Internet Connection Requirement

Considering this game is FREEMIUM and the developer is NEXON, it is 99% safe to assume that this game requires a constant internet connection. I won't be bothering with this one for that very reason.

4. aux80

aux80 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2014
    That's the first thing I check after I download a new game. And I can confirm that Oz doesn't work offline. You must have an Internet connection to play. You get an error message at the loading screen if you turn off your Internet access.

Still, seems like a decent game. I look forward to playing it. As someone already mentioned, this is not an Action RPG, it is turn based. That is worth repeating. Don't let the turn based battle system scare you off without at least giving it a try.

5. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Exactly... This should be that one game you play with an Internet connection. Worth the acception. This is the only game I'm playing today!

6. tdogg

tdogg New Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Exactly!!! Very good#

7. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    How many Wizard of OZ RPGs have you played? :D

But seriously, the only one I can think of is Beyond the Yellow Brick Road for the Nintendo DS.

8. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    I think it's pretty fun so far and quite generous. I have noticed that the costs of dust go up quite a bit the higher the level (yes I know that's to be expected) but on epics it's a ton. Either way very enjoyable so far. I do like how they made the arena very "clash Royale" style with the chest unlocks. I kinda prefer that personally.

9. Serenityinaz12

Serenityinaz12 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2015
    don't even bother with the stupid free emerald offers. It's all just BS. I completed 5 different things, a few different types, did everything correctly and got no emeralds. And most of the surveys are just endless loops of more and more surveys anyway. Ridiculous.

10. Serenityinaz12

Mar 27, 2015
    Apart from the free emerald joke - the game is ok, decent, not great not horrible. Great graphics and production values, but I'm so tired of some of the mechanics this game has. They seem to have kind of mish mashed a few different F2P game tropes. There is the typical turn based wave battle format but the skill system is slightly unique. Unfortunately you have the very tired format of different sets of world maps where you go from node to node, trying to achieve 3 stars on each. Seen this a billion times, just the same as Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, Luna Chronicles, the list goes on and on. Then you have the arena mode with the timed chest unlock thing which is garbage just like it was in Clash Royale and everyone raged about in that game. Not sure why they figured it would be a good idea to implement here. You also have some Hearthstone mixed in here the way a lot of the card systems work. Like I said, a mish mash. And to be honest there isn't much variety of things to do. You have campaign mode, and arena mode. Even low budget games like Luna Chrnoicles that are very similar to this have WAY more modes and things to do.

11. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    This game is out in April 2016 so new players playing now will have great disadvantage.

New servers should be in place to cater to new players else the pvp function is quite redundant for new players.

For overlooking this aspect, this game deserve low rating.

12. Serenityinaz12

Mar 27, 2015
    Seriously? No wonder some people are already level in the 50's. So there is literally no chance I can ever catch up to those who have been playing since April. They should have done it like Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where they always batch new players together in a new "realm". Super lame.

13. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Yes, this game is soft launched in certain region since April but only till now there is global release.

I have no idea how new players can catch up existing Lvl 50s players. Lol

Having a server list and new server isn't difficult right?

Guess they just didn't care...

14. Ivica

Ivica Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2015
    Who is the best hero for arena. And why is there no reddit page for this game and their official forums is empty

15. akindc

akindc Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    What a Silly Game

It's like the developers took every element from every popular game on the app store and squished them together in one chaotic mess.
    Cards? Sure! Crafting? Why not! Guilds? Don't forget those!
    Oh, let add an arena, multiple currencies, turn based fights, and anything else we can find!
    Painful.

16. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    For anyone who wants to I shelled out the 50k dust and made a guild.

It's called TouchArcade

Join me (;

17. Serenityinaz12

Mar 27, 2015
    Ok I'll join

18. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Done! Does this mean I have to actually play now? # Sincerely, your Hearthstone pal Furo fka Tigator fka whatever the heck I was. And hey, looks like we get to change for free one more time!

19. Serenityinaz12

Mar 27, 2015
    I've tried them all and have won with lion most consistently

20. Serenityinaz12

Mar 27, 2015
    Actually sorry I decided to drop the game. After the PvE worlds all there is is the arena and since some people had a 6 month head start I'll never have a chance. No interest