iPhone Overkill from Craneballs

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by craneballs, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Remon

Remon Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2010
    Same here! :D

2. craneballs

craneballs Well-Known Member

I can reveal that Overkill is now 2D shooting game but there's no boring shooting range as in Gun Range game. We have enemies that figths back, ranks, awards etc.

In version 1.0 you'll get Gun Shop and 4 environments where you can spill some blood. In update we plan to add bunker defense with more enemies and vehicles

3. Smartbomb

Smartbomb Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Artist
    England
    The funny thing is, you already "have" my money), I can't for the life of me think of an example of an app being sold as well as this. So there you have it, my bank balance is already a "wee bit emptier" thanks to you (craneballs)... Even if the app turns out to be rubbish, in which case, I'll eat my hat.

...The number of hats in my collection hasn't changed in years, i never say it lightly. I don't have any, and I'm not going to buy one any time soon.

(great, great job with blimp HD, add a moveable slider and I'm outta requests)

4. craneballs

Smartbomb: :)

We decided to show you screen shots from Overkill game play tomorrow. Next week we will add game play video preview. We are working very hard hoping you will like it.

We would like to know if you prefer barrel to be visible in game rather than simple gunsight. There is not enough space on iPhone screen so we used simple gunsight

5. Sweet. :)

I'd prefer the barrel to be visible, but I'd have to see what the game looks like first to decide.

6. MeteorFlare

MeteorFlare Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Gun barrel with an aiming reticle sorta thing would do the trick!

Just like those WWII themed games on the iPad/PC/Consoles..

7. Smartbomb

Smartbomb Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Artist
    England
    If you can do both... Why not offer them both as options? Maybe it doesn't quite apply how I imagine, but it may make sense to offer options like these to suit different tastes...

Looking forward to this app a bit too much now... The suspense :/ it's slowly killing me

8. craneballs

Hey,
    sorry for delay, I'm very busy today. I'll have a dinner and then show you game play screenshots;)

9. craneballs

#29 craneballs, Nov 5, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
    Overkill game play screen shots

Overkill game play screen shots. Do you like it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    #30 arta, Nov 6, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
    Looks great, but is this an action FPS like Modern Combat or is it a tap shooter like MGS Touch? If so how does the control scheme work?

11. MeteorFlare

Sep 19, 2010
    @craneballs

The screenshots look great! Reminds me of those arcade shooters where you'd have to kill all the enemies on screen in order of their "about to shoot to hit" timer!

Hmm.. I'm a little undecided here. In my opinion, I think that the game would be great even without the gun barrel. As, it looks to be pretty natural already to me. And, from the HUD I can immediately see the gun I'm using so I guess it'll be fine w/o the barrel.

Perhaps a short video on the actual gameplay would allow me to see if the gameplay elements would better suit a "gun barrel" or just the aiming reticule.

12. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    A tap shooter? Mmmm .... Looks great, but tap shooter often disappoint me. They are not easy to make, but hey ... So far so good. Any idea to see a video?

13. craneballs

Overkill is a tap shooter. First button on the right is fire button, the second one is for switching between standard ammo and grenade launcher if available. On HUD you see currently selected weapon.
    In the left bottom corner there is an aiming area that works like d-pad. You can also aim by sliding your finger elsewhere on display like in Coast defense.

We'll make some gameplay video next week, but probably not on monday;)

14. craneballs

Sneak preview of another Overkill level called Lost City

[​IMG]

15. MeteorFlare

Sep 19, 2010
  16. craneballs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the near future the world has collapsed. You have been hired as a mercenary to fight against the enemy. Be paid for everything you kill and destroy and buy new weapons or upgrade the current ones. 12 weapons (incl. AK-47, M4, SCAR, RPG) with upgradable Scopes, Stocks, Cartridges, Barrels and Frontmouths gives you over 100 combinations! Fight through 80 waves and 4 extra Hell waves in 4 locations. All of this for FREE on your iPad, iPhone 4 or older iDevice from Craneballs Studios!

GREAT GAME CENTER INTEGRATION
    84 Achievements and 9 Leaderboards to keep you entertained

30 RANKS
    Get promoted from Private to General

12 WEAPONS TO UPGRADE
    Stocks, carts, scopes, frontmouths, barrels to upgrade = over one hundred combinations. Weapons include AK-47, M4, RPG, RG6, MP7, MAG, MG4, MSR, SCAR, MARV, HK 417…

80 WAVES
    80 waves with 4 extra hell waves in 4 locations

PLENTY OF ENEMIES TO KILL
    Different enemies to kill, heavy flying drones to destroy

OTHER FEATURES
    • lots of blood, explosions and dust
    • awesome high-definition graphics
    • music and sound effect to suck you in
    • upgrade your weapon the way you like, take a Snapshot and send it to your friends
    • detailed Stats you measure your progress (kills, bullets shot, accuracy, etc)

MEDAL STORE AND OVERKILL MEDALS:
    Overkill is FREE to download. Although some powerful weapons and upgrades are locked. That’s why we introduced Overkill Medals (OM). For OM you can get all the extra stuff that’s in game (weapons, upgrades, wallpapers,etc). There are several ways how to get OM:
    • FREE using TAPJOY (download and run apps from Appstore)
    • share Overkill with friend via e-mail or Facebook
    • as In App Purchase
    • and for every promotion you get 1 OM

17. kchiewtrc1

kchiewtrc1 New Member

Mar 25, 2011
    #39 kchiewtrc1, Mar 25, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
    Tapjoy Earn OM window width problem

After updating to Overkill version 1.1, I found that the screen for Earn OM from Tapjoy was locked in portrait orientation but with the width and height for landscape orientation, resulting in obstruction of part of the right window, and I can't browse to the next 25 items for free OMs because the next button is unreachable...
    Anyway to resolve this?

Edit: Found a temporary workaround - restart overkill without internet connection (airplane mode), and then open the free OM page, the earn OM window will now be in landscape orientation.