Universal Overkill 3 (by Craneball Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    #121 Kenan2000, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
    Update is out!
    Currently it's like 13 k for 2 medals.

2. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Well at that rate I'd still rather watch the videos for medals

3. Ryan8181

Ryan8181 New Member

Mar 12, 2015
    Matt damon!!!!

..................matt damon!!!

4. Ryan8181

Ryan8181 New Member

Mar 12, 2015
    Matt damon!!!!!!

For real though, well done C-balls. I like your video game.

In closing................MATT DAMON!!!

5. Rangulf

Rangulf Active Member

Feb 9, 2015
    #125 Rangulf, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
    The recent release of another F2P 3rd person shooter (Terminator Genisys) made me appreciate Overkill 3 even more. Way to go Craneballs for keepin' the game playable offline and allowing players to play the game as much as they want with no limits (No energy/stamina system).

I don't know about other players, but I've seen the medal market's price reach as high as $52,000 for 2 medals. I think the prices vary depending on your profile level and the time of day when medals are being exchanged, I've seen the price drop as low as 22K on my end, and I know someone who just started out OK3 exchange medals for $1300 in the mid afternoon. I wonder if Craneballs could shed some light into how medal market pricing works.

Weapon shop updates (in bold)

UMP45 - $5000
    MP5 - 36 Medals
    SIG553 - $11500
    G36C - $23000
    SPAS12 - 42 Medals
    PG39 - 99 Medals
    M4A1 - $73987 (Discounted to 55K after a few levels above)
    AK-47 - $ 104420
    KSG12 - 106 Medals
    MK14 EBR - SNIPER - 155 Medals
    Barrett 98B - SNIPER - $157000+++
    P90 - $225300
    SCAR-H - $336556
    AA12 - 255 Medals (Or $1,999,000 fully upgraded in One Time Offer)
    AS50 - SNIPER - 348 Medals (Discounted later on to 190)
    ACR - $553809 (Discounted later on to $503809)

M249 - 299 Medals. Discounted to 249 Medals in One Time Offer. Discounted further to 224 medals when character reaches level 31

FN F2000 - 549 Medals Early Access. $1,277,480 normal price. Option to purchase regular version for 499 medals, or $4,750,000 fully upgraded in One time Offer

AK-2047 - 449 Medals Early Access. $849,660 regular price. Option to purchase regular version for 499 medals, or 659 medals fully upgraded in One time Offer

MN79 - 799 Medals Early Access. Standard Price: $1,969,500. Fully upgraded in one time offer for 1,249 Medals

M32 MGL - 988 Medals Early Access. Regular price 449 medals. There's no option to test out the gun, and hence no one time offer.

GUS-R - SNIPER - Early Access 1,698 Medals. Regular Price 797 medals. One time offer of 699 medals or 1499 medals fully upgraded.

GUS1 - Early Access: 2499 medals.

Medal-only armor purchases:

Assault Armor: 18 Medals
    Nano Mk.1: 79 Medals
    Nano Mk.4: 298 Medals
    Nano Mk.5: 498 Medals

The rest of the armors can be purchased with cash.

BLACKMARKET Weapons

Robo 9 Auto (Robocop's handgun) - $95,250 (20% off at $76,200). Secondary weapon, full-auto pistol
    Terminator gun - $125,000 - primary weapon, fires blue bolts
    Magpul PDR - 77 Medals
    L85A - 199 Medals
    Thompson M1A1 - 184 medals, discounted to 147
    92FS Grammaton(custom Cleric handgun from the film Equilibrium). 76 Medals. Secondary weapon.
    M41-A HICKS (From the film Aliens) - 249 Medals, discounted to 166 at times
    MOR Bug Slayer (Starship Troopers) - 329 Medals
    Eraser Gun (from the film Eraser) unlocks at lvl 30 - $2,750,000. Primary weapon, fires blue projectiles

Has anyone unlocked the GUS-1 yet? I'd like to know the price if anyone knows.

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm really disappointed in the meda market as my prices stay high and every time I buy they just seem to increase. Also you're technically only getting 1 medal. I don't appreciate how it's a little underhanded they make you watch an ad without telling you. So ads equal one medal by themselves so basically you'd pay $40k for one medal. I absolutely think it's not worth it. Watch another ad in the regular spot and save that $40k+. You won't even make up that much money in one level normally. At the end of the game I think you average around $10-$20k a level.

7. Rangulf

Rangulf Active Member

Feb 9, 2015
    I'm okay with the ad thing so as long as it gives additional medals as well. Also, 4 hours before a medal exchange is crazy long. In related news, the number of ads available to view in exchange for medals has been pretty frequent lately.

8. Becrux101

Becrux101 New Member

Jun 13, 2015
    Lost Game Save

I recently downloaded your game to my computer. I played the game for about five hours came back the next day, no save could be found. Little message pops up claiming I tampered with my save. I did no such thing. Today I load up the game again and again it claims I tampered with my save and reset me again. Now I am upset because I have put in a good 12 hours trying to get back to were I left off and now I am ready to get rid of the game. I want to play but I also want my save back and the stupid file checker to stop deleting my save if you could give me a solution or find out whats wrong because I am really f***ing upset at this point.:mad:

9. craneballs

craneballs Well-Known Member

Hi Becrux,
    as gamers we know how frustrating this is. We've been onto this issue on our platforms (iOS and Android) and made considerable progress. Though, when you say computer you mean the Windows version? Since we didn't want to make a bad port we decided to use a publisher for the Windows platform, have you tried contacting them about this issue at support @ gametroopers.net?

10. Ryan8181

Ryan8181 New Member

Mar 12, 2015
    Y u no update long time?

:confused: Y u no update long time?

11. craneballs

We had the multiplayer update in the making, took a long time to make. The good news is it should be live 2nd July if all goes well with the review process.

We'll keep you posted :)

12. Rangulf

Rangulf Active Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Oh sweet. 2 weeks shouldn't be too long. What else can we expect besides the multiplayer game mode? Hopefully new firearms (A couple of other secondaries would be nice) and maybe armor and additional weapon skins perhaps?

13. kamran

kamran New Member

Jun 21, 2015
    price of acr rifle

what is the price of acr rifle (fully upgraded) in one time offer?

14. Rangulf

Rangulf Active Member

Feb 9, 2015
    #134 Rangulf, Jun 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
    Hey Kamran, I'm not sure if the ACR ever had a one time offer. If there was, it'll be sold with medals, to which I'm not sure how much it cost.

Anyway FYI if you're going to max out the ACR completely (via regular means), you'll need a total of $1138000 and 308 medals for the ACR and all the accessories included (the gun itself costs 559788 with a small discount afterward).

15. kamran

kamran New Member

Jun 21, 2015
    free medals

I have never been able to watch more than 8 videos at a time . earlier comments show they have seen and collected 500 medals by watching video. Is there any code or any other means that I can collect medals???

16. Rangulf

Rangulf Active Member

Feb 9, 2015
    #136 Rangulf, Jun 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
    It really depends on your luck. That 500 vids is really just a super rare occasion for that one guy. That prolly only happened to that person once. Usually it's 8 to a dozen at most at a time, so don't worry, you're progressing like everyone else (I think).

17. craneballs

Multiplayer is Live!

Here we go! The new cooperative multiplayer update is up with chat room, online profile showing your stats, callsigns to be collected prizes to be won. All in a short burts 2-day tournaments.

Also some sweet FX for the latest Apple devices.

18. Rangulf

Rangulf Active Member

Feb 9, 2015
    #138 Rangulf, Jul 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
    Wow, the multiplayer update makes the game feel fresh again. I had a huge amount of fun with it. I have a few questions and impressions below.

First off, what is the camo reward for the top placers? is it a weapon skin or an armor skin?
    What's the Token thing on the lower right of the menu? How come it still requires me to sign up?

Anyway, here are a few impressions of the current update. The game is suddenly riddled with stability issues:

-I managed to reach the top 2% in the first round of multiplayer and received a badge/callsign. When I restarted the game, the reward was suddenly missing from the badge inventory. I hope you can fix this.
    -After the 1st round of multiplayer, OK3 suddenly keeps on crashing after 10 seconds of multiplayer gameplay. I feel bad for leaving my multiplayer buddies behind after joining in their games.
    -There are some graphical glitches when I turn on the advanced graphics settings for my Iphone 6 (game runs significantly slower, and some textures keep dissapearing). The game runs on basic life support on older devices like the Ipad Mini, and crashes frequently even just idleing during on the map screen.

For gameplay though, it's a whole lot of fun. I wish you could bring a buddy and co-op with campaign missions as well, though balance would be tweaked in order to adjust for 2 people in the game. Otherwiese, the basic gameplay is really fun. I wish you can high-five your multiplayer buddy too :).

EDIT: My account got split into two. The progress for my ipad and my iphone was suddenly split. There's no more prompt to use the cloud save for either device, and both accounts display different names now.

19. craneballs

Hi Rangulf, thanks for the feedback. Let's get to it point by point.

-The camo is for the gun selected for the current MP round.
    -It's GToken, a service we're trying. It should only show in Asian countries. Can you share where are you from?
    -We'll have to look into the missing badge, but I feel it has to do with the progress split.
    -That crashing is on both iPhone6 and Mini or just mini? The 512MB RAM is a problem. Also we're monitoring the crashes and will be releasing a bug fix update soon.
    -Those improved FX run on Metal (Apple's engine), we're not sure if we'll be able to improve and may decide to turn it off in the end.
    -Coop single player, well that's definitely something that was on our mind, but it's a massive change. We'll see if more people would love that.
    -As for the progress, can you PM me your nicknames/Player ID? The main (original) and the new one? I should be able to get you back on track.

Cheers.

20. Rangulf

Rangulf Active Member

Feb 9, 2015
    #140 Rangulf, Jul 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
    Hey thanks for replying quickly and looking into the problem. I've sent you a PM regarding my account split names.

I'm from the Philippines, so now it figures why that G-token showed up. I haven't fiddled with it yet, so I don't know what to expect.

The app crashes randomly in the Ipad Mini (understandable due to the low RAM of the device, though single player is somewhat manageable), however the game always crashes within about 10 seconds of a multiplayer game on my Iphone 6.

Also, prior to the account split, whenever my other device (In this case, the Ipad Mini) uses the cloud save backup, the device crashes and deletes the local save. When I restart the app, the game starts from the very beginning (Where the main character jumps off the heli) and prompts for a cloud or local save.

Anyway, I can't wait to get back at multi player once the crashes have been solved :)

EDIT: The new graphics options suddenly work fine. I'd rather have the current state of things where it is optional. The Iphone 6 can handle it properly.