Universal Overkill 3 (by Craneball Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Sep 16, 2014.

1. craneballs

craneballs Well-Known Member

Der-Kleine, thanks for taking the time to record this! It helped explain everything. You play on a Tegra device, on which we did a last moment switch to 60 FPS. There were quite a few "things" tied to the frame rate and although we tried to think about everything, this one slipped and it bugs the internal clock. We tested on our Shield and you need 6 minutes instead of 3.

So as a hotfix, please stay in those levels for 6 long minutes. Ideally keep the last guy alive, get into cover and go for a nice cup of tea or walk your dog or anything worthwhile and the achievement will happen.

We'll address this in an update. Thanks again!

Can't talk for the LMG, but Warehouses are indeed the last levels for now. We'll be adding an endless mode soon, it's all about protecting a generator, which in turns zaps the enemies. Here's how it looks:

[​IMG]

2. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Ah, that would explain a lot. I never stayed in cover for quite that long.

Also I really appreciate it that you chose to go with 60fps. More devs should do that *cough, cough* Gameloft *cough, cough*.

3. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Really enjoying this game. Been taking it nice and slow so I don't burn through all of the content too fast. Probably even going to buy some IAP to help support the devs efforts (first time ever that I'll have spent $ on a free game). Thank you Craneballs for your hard work. Looking forward to what you have in store for the future of OK3.

4. drmaxman

drmaxman Member

May 2, 2011
    A hat of many colors
    SC USA
    #104 drmaxman, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
    I forgot about memory being a potential problem. Nevertheless, I would always shut down any other apps running in the background. I now use a memory manager, which frees up about 250+ MB of "free memory". That has helped with preventing the game from crashing when finishing a mission, but the game still sometimes crashes while playing the game.

Some questions on missions:

--"Finish the level through hard cover". What does "hard cover" mean? How do I achieve the objective?

--"Required power index: 92". I assume that is the "xxx/yyy" numbers as shown above a weapon in the Armory view.

Possible glitch:

I wanted to look closer at a weapon that was "Early Access". I clicked on its picture and nothing happened. I then clicked on the early access button, and I had accidently bought it! I think the process should be 2 steps: (1) to select and inspect, and (2) to confirm the player wants to buy or cancel. That would be fair and prevent unintended purchases by the player.

5. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

When a level gives you a choice between two pieces of cover to advance, hard cover is the one with the red icon with three bullets.

And yes, the power index of a weapon is the xxx from the "xxx/yyy".

6. Rangulf

Rangulf Active Member

Feb 9, 2015
    #106 Rangulf, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
    The M32 grenade launcher will give you delusions of divinity on the battlefield. No boss, robot, or platoon of Faction troops can hope to survive your explosive onslaught. It comes at the hefty price of 449 medals however, and may be inaccurate out-of-the-box, but you're not really aiming for a headshot with grenades anyway.

The only problem I foresee is using this against air targets or blasting drones out of the sky. The firing arc and inaccuracy make it hard to land a hit against fast moving aerial targets.

More weapon price updates (In bold):

UMP45 - $5000
    MP5 - 36 Medals
    SIG553 - $11500
    G36C - $23000
    SPAS12 - 42 Medals
    PG39 - 99 Medals
    M4A1 - $73987 (Discounted to 55K after a few levels above)
    AK-47 - $ 104420
    KSG12 - 106 Medals
    MK14 EBR - SNIPER - 155 Medals
    Barrett 98B - SNIPER - $157000+++
    P90 - $225300
    SCAR-H - $336556
    AA12 - 255 Medals (Or $1,999,000 fully upgraded in One Time Offer)
    AS50 - SNIPER - 348 Medals (Discounted later on to 190)
    ACR - $553809 (Discounted later on to $503809)

M249 - 299 Medals. Discounted to 249 Medals in One Time Offer. Discounted further to 224 medals when character reaches level 31

FN F2000 - 549 Medals Early Access. $1,277,480 normal price. Option to purchase regular version for 499 medals, or $4,750,000 fully upgraded in One time Offer

AK-2047 - 449 Medals Early Access. $849,660 regular price. Option to purchase regular version for 499 medals, or 659 medals fully upgraded in One time Offer

MN79 - 799 Medals Early Access. Standard Price: $1,969,500. Fully upgraded in one time offer for 1,249 Medals

M32 MGL - 988 Medals Early Access. Regular price 449 medals. There's no option to test out the gun, and hence no one time offer.

GUS-R - SNIPER - Early Access 1,698 Medals

GUS1 - ??????

Medal-only armor purchases:

Assault Armor: 18 Medals
    Nano Mk.1: 79 Medals
    Nano Mk.4: 298 Medals
    Nano Mk.5: 498 Medals

The rest of the armors can be purchased with cash.

BLACKMARKET Weapons

Robo 9 Auto (Robocop's handgun) - $95,250 (20% off at $76,200). Secondary weapon, full-auto pistol
    Terminator gun - $125,000 - primary weapon, fires blue bolts
    Magpul PDR - 77 Medals
    L85A - 199 Medals
    Thompson M1A1 - 184 medals, discounted to 147
    92FS Grammaton(custom Cleric handgun from the film Equilibrium). 76 Medals. Secondary weapon.
    M41-A HICKS (From the film Aliens) - 249 Medals, discounted to 166 at times
    MOR Bug Slayer (Starship Troopers) - 329 Medals
    Eraser Gun (from the film Eraser) unlocks at lvl 30 - $2,750,000. Primary weapon, fires blue projectiles

7. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Is there a finite number of times you can watch the videos for free medals?

8. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    When you unlock a gun early with medals does that mean you're buying it for that price? Or does it mean you're just unlocking it early and would still have to purchase it?

9. drmaxman

drmaxman Member

May 2, 2011
    A hat of many colors
    SC USA
    #109 drmaxman, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
    You bought it then and there. It goes into your Armory inventory.

My problem with "early access" is that it shouldn't be an automatic buy. You should be able to examine it first in detail, then have the choice to buy or cancel.

Re: videos, I haven't encountered a limit.

10. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Wondering if my rewarded videos are bugged out then. Sometimes I click it and nothing happens. Just finished watching like 5 videos and was not awarded any medals. Sometimes I watch a video and get 1 medal. Then I'll see the same video again and it'll give me 2 medals. "Watched" videos for like 3 hours last night while studying for a test and got up to over 500 medals. Think I reached my maximum number of videos watched after that because it wouldn't even play a video for me to continue.

11. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Videos are definitely limited. I did it for a week straight to test it out. However I've NEVER hit close to 500 medals at once. When I first installed the game, I watched the most videos I could until it would stop and that was around 200 videos. Now my average is about 10-30 over the course of the day. Sometimes videos work, sometimes they don't. I don't think they "save up" if you don't check them as I haven't checked for over a day and the ads won't play today.

It could be a glitch on mine but I really doubt that. I don't think they would let you watch videos infinitely for medals. However my game is glitched in that I can never watch a video to continue. It pauses the game to "load" a video, the switches back to the count down.

12. drmaxman

drmaxman Member

May 2, 2011
    A hat of many colors
    SC USA
    In that case, you may have reached a time or cap limitation.

13. Wolf Cookie

Wolf Cookie Active Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Problems...

I bought the game when it came out and was enjoying the game quite a bit. But then my ipad died, so I bought a new ipad air 2 and restored from an icloud backup. My backup should have had my progress stored but it did not. I spent money too!! None of my progress was restored during the reload. None of my weapons are there either.

What now guys? Is there some sort of restore purchases function?

Please help!

14. drmaxman

drmaxman Member

May 2, 2011
    A hat of many colors
    SC USA
    Try support:

http://www.craneballs.com/contact/

15. Rangulf

Rangulf Active Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Craneballs has its own cloud backup that uses your Gamecenter account as it's reference. If you had a Game Center account in your old ipad, try using the same account in your new one and the old progress might load with your last save along with your medals.

16. Wolf Cookie

Wolf Cookie Active Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Im using the same gamecenter account but still no joy. I sent them a request earlier today and got a generic email saying that they had received it. But that's all so far.

17. drmaxman

drmaxman Member

May 2, 2011
    A hat of many colors
    SC USA
    I sent a support request on 3/11, and got the quick-reply email that they would get back to me shortly. Today, 3/17, I sent a request for a status update.

I also explained that I was having a similar issue as yours with a new device.

18. Rangulf

Rangulf Active Member

Feb 9, 2015
    #118 Rangulf, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
    So I was snooping around and there is going to be a cash to medals converter in the coming update. From the few screenshots in Craneballs' facebook page, it might be similar to a stock exchange system where the total amount of medals converted worldwide would determine the price of conversion.

I was hoping they wouldn't go over $10,000 for 2 medals though, but I only read one source from a comment that it's around $30,000 cash for 2 medals, which honestly was far more grindy than I expected. Of course, that was just from someone's passing comment in their facebook page and we have yet to validate it (I'm assuming this is from the Android version), but it's a bit of a concern for many I'm sure. I myself am glad the option is there tho.

19. jl802

jl802 Member

Oct 22, 2012
    SUPERVISOR
    GEORGIA
    #119 jl802, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
    O.K. I managed through warehouse, factory, suburbs, etc. with my MG Nest. How do I advance and unlock more levels?

20. drmaxman

drmaxman Member

May 2, 2011
    A hat of many colors
    SC USA
    Probably when the game is next updated.