Universal Overkill 3 (by Craneball Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Rangulf

Rangulf Active Member

Feb 9, 2015
    #81 Rangulf, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
    Glad you're lovin' that gun :) Don't worry, you'll make enough money by the time you get to unlock the ACR for sure.

Just a hint, if you're looking forward to unlocking all parts for the AA12, you'll get one of the skins for free as a reward for fully upgrading the weapon IIRC.

I myself am this close to unlocking the MN79 and the M32.

WEAPON Shop update

Rank 34. GUS-R - SNIPER - Early Access 1698 medals.

Also, Blackmarket weapons have started rotating on my end. Once every other day so far. Right now it's the L85 for 199 medals.

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Nice! Tell me how the uber weapons are. I'm curious if they're worth the price.

Btw even with my AA12 that mission with the gunner car and drone on the end are whooping me. I can kill them easy enough but they shoot right through cover. I die way too quick to stand a chance. I've just ordered an armor upgrade so I hope that will help. Armor seems just as important as weapons as you said.

Oh and one bummer note is that stickers don't show on the in game model which makes them somewhat useless. Pretty disappointed about that. Thanks for the heads up about the skin. I'm guessing you maxed your AA12? :D

3. Rangulf

Rangulf Active Member

Feb 9, 2015
    All maxed out weapons will unlock a camo skin, and for the AA12 you get the forest camo skin as a reward for maxing out the weapon's parts. Sad about the stickers tho, but I guess they're too small to be seen in the game to be appreciated.

4. Rangulf

Rangulf Active Member

Feb 9, 2015
    #84 Rangulf, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
    Big glitch with the AK-2047, the 3rd magazine upgrade costs 284,870 MEDALS. I find it hard to imagine that this is deliberate, because if it is this would be one of the most expensive virtual items in the world at $7,500 USD. Prolly a glitch since you can purchase the entire AK-2047 set for 650 medals. That and no one would be able to fully upgrade the AK-2047 under normal circumstances.

Also, update on armor cost. I mistakenly put that the Mk.4 armor was at 250 medals, when it was at 298 medals. Sorry if the misinformation caused any problems.

Also weapon update

And here are more weapon price updates (In bold):

UMP45 - $5000
    MP5 - 36 Medals
    SIG553 - $11500
    G36C - $23000
    SPAS12 - 42 Medals
    PG39 - 99 Medals
    M4A1 - $73987 (Discounted to 55K after a few levels above)
    AK-47 - $ 104420
    KSG12 - 106 Medals
    MK14 EBR - SNIPER - 155 Medals
    Barrett 98B - SNIPER - $157000+++
    P90 - $225300
    SCAR-H - $336556
    AA12 - 255 Medals (Or $1,999,000 fully upgraded in One Time Offer)
    AS50 - SNIPER - 348 Medals (Discounted later on to 190)
    ACR - $553809 (Discounted later on to $503809)

M249 - 299 Medals. Discounted to 249 Medals in One Time Offer. Discounted further to 224 medals when character reaches level 31

FN F2000 - 549 Medals Early Access. $1,277,480 normal price. Option to purchase regular version for 499 medals, or $4,750,000 fully upgraded in One time Offer

AK-2047 - 449 Medals Early Access. $849,660 regular price. Option to purchase regular version for 499 medals, or 659 medals fully upgraded in One time Offer

MN79 - 799 Medals Early Access. Standard Price: $1,969,500. Fully upgraded in one time offer for 1,249 Medals

M32 MGL - 988 Medals Early Access

GUS-R - SNIPER - Early Access 1,698 Medals

GUS1 - ??????

Medal-only armor purchases:

Assault Armor: 18 Medals
    Nano Mk.1: 79 Medals
    Nano Mk.4: 298 Medals
    Nano Mk.5: 498 Medals

The rest of the armors can be purchased with cash.

BLACKMARKET Weapons

Robo 9 Auto (Robocop's handgun) - $95,250 (20% off at $76,200). Secondary weapon, full-auto pistol
    Terminator gun
    Magpul PDR - 77 Medals
    L85A - 199 Medals
    Tommy Gun
    92FS Grammaton(custom Cleric handgun from the film Equilibrium). 76 Medals. Secondary weapon.
    Pulse Rifle (From the film Aliens)
    Morita Assault Rifle (Starship Troopers)
    Eraser Gun (from the film Eraser) unlocks at lvl 30 - $2,750,000. Primary weapon, fires blue projectiles

5. drmaxman

drmaxman Member

May 2, 2011
    A hat of many colors
    SC USA
    #85 drmaxman, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
    OK, thanks. I'm assuming it replenishes ammo for the weapons in the "primary" and "extra" weapon slots up to their maximum ammo storage capacity, and that it works with any type or caliber of weapon in those slots?

Another question. What is "use revive"? I thought maybe it was paying a fee to continue if you got killed, but that didn't seem to work for me the time I tried it as a mission objective.

One more. The rotating columns of yellow and red which have 2 and 3 bullet icons inside, I assume that replenishes ammo at the end of a stage or run. Are there reasons to pick one over the other at certain times? I have yet to see any difference.

6. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Thanks for the updates Rangulf. Keep us posted. You should buy that super upgrade for bragging rights.

Revive is what you said, it's basically dying and restarting by either watching an ad (though this never works for me) or paying the medal fee.

When you see the yellow and red, they are the difficulties. The more "bullets" the harder the enemies will be (and less cover). I believe the tutorial glossed over this earlier. Using the harder set will provide better end stage rewards.

7. Rangulf

Rangulf Active Member

Feb 9, 2015
    The Robo 9 Auto just went on sale today. It's $95K but discounted by 20% today to around $75K. It's the only full-auto pistol I've encountered in the game at the moment. It's pretty fun to use, though pricy.

8. craneballs

craneballs Well-Known Member

Yes, that was an unintended glitch. But I thought it was fixed in the latest update (last week). Can you confirm please?
    Yes, you are correct about that one. It should have worked. Any luck trying it again? Thanks.

9. Rangulf

Rangulf Active Member

Feb 9, 2015
    #89 Rangulf, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
    I can confirm that the glitch is still there, it still asks for medals instead of cash. When I tap on buying it it prompts me to purchase medals as an IAP. I'm running version 1.1.7 on an IOS device Updated last March 6 which I believe is the latest version of the game.

Also, the MN79 (looking like my favorite gun right now) seems to be missing its trigger upgrades, and an under barrel foregrip upgrade that was present in various concept art for OK like so:

http://www.overkill3.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/MN79_nahled.jpg

OT, are there plans to add new firearms in the game? :D

10. craneballs

Just found out the fix didn't get to the final branch for update. Next time it'll be fixed.

Triggers missing you say? We'll see what can be done about that.

More guns are surely coming :)

11. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

#91 Der-Kleine, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
    Is anyone else having the problem where none of the "super snail" challenges seem to unlock? Even after making sure I stay in a level for longer than 3 minutes I never ever get that star.

Oh and during the gun trial level for the Vector the magazine of the gun got stuck to my guy's hand.

Also here's a screenshot of a scene that I think is particularly good looking.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      321.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      620.8 KB
      Views:
  12. drmaxman

drmaxman Member

May 2, 2011
    A hat of many colors
    SC USA
    #92 drmaxman, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited: May 29, 2017
    Yes, "use revive" did work on another try.

I'm getting a lot of crashes on an iPad mini with iOS 8.1.3. Almost every mission ends with a crash, but I at least seem to be getting the rewards for finishing. It also crashes during a game, especially when there is a big explosion or a lot of action on-screen (but no rewards). It does it whether on battery or plugged in to an outlet.

Some more questions:

--How does "auto-refill" work for inventory? Does it also auto-buy an item if it is no longer in the general inventory?

--What do the numbers in the red box above a weapon in inventory view mean? Is that the number of upgrades available?

13. Rangulf

Rangulf Active Member

Feb 9, 2015
    #93 Rangulf, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
    The super snail achievement worked normally for me. It just hows you achieved it at the end of the stage. Just use a stopwatch to keep track of time while playing for the achievement. I also got my character to do his victory cry with an MP5 on his hand. Right just about he was gonna give me a thumbs up, he looked like he was threatening me with his SMG.

I'm surprisingly doing fine on my ipad mini with IOS 7 recently. Though my Iphone 6 still tops it by a wide margin when playing OK3. Try removing some apps from your Ipad? it sortta stabilized my game when I removed some of the memory hogs.

I never really used auto-refil tho, so I can't say anything about that. As for the numbers on your weapons in the red circle, it's as you said, the number of upgrades available for that weapon.

14. Der-Kleine

I used a timer, but it still won't give me that star on Factory Area 1 level 4 and Suburbs level 3.

15. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Definitely sounds like a glitch. I've never had that happen. Also haven't seen the clipping issues either. Maybe some device compatibility issue.

16. craneballs

Super Snail - the mission is somewhat tricky in that you have to stay for 3+ minutes and THEN let the timer run out of time (and DON'T DIE). Did you try it this way?

iPad Mini: The issue is with the 512 MB RAM, borderline device. The only advice I'd have right now is to kill all apps in the background, or ideally restart the device before playing. Not much, I know, but here goes.

Numbers are available upgrades, yup.

--How does "auto-refill" work for inventory? Does it also auto-buy an item if it is no longer in the general inventory?

It certainly does not buy the items. We've had a couple of iterations, but I think the latest is gradually adding +1 to each equipped slot (if you have them) until it runs the cap. Or just putting anything you got available into the slots.

17. Der-Kleine

The Super Snail challenge makes sense and works in the missions with a timer, but the point is that it isn't working for me in those missions that aren't time-based.

18. Der-Kleine

So for the sake of proving that the Super Snail challenge is broken on some levels I recorded myself playing the two levels where the challenge won't unlock for me. In the first level shown in the video the ammount of time I am in control for 3 minutes and 12 seconds (so I'm not even counting transitions between cover or intro and outro animations). In the second level I'm playing for 3 minutes and 16 seconds.

The game didn't consider the "Stay in this level for 3 minutes" challenge to be completed in either of those cases. It never does.
    (The challenge does however work in levels with a timer)

19. Ryan8181

Ryan8181 New Member

Mar 12, 2015
    radmobile

Hello all....I have two questions.

1. Has anyone bought the M249? How's that going, is it worth it? I love me some LMG.

2. Is "Warehouses" currently the extent of the available levels? I'm getting curbstomped by that three-boss combo in Warehouses 12, just wondering if getting past that will open any new doors.

20. Rangulf

Rangulf Active Member

Feb 9, 2015
    The M249 is pretty good. High DPS and almost bottomless ammo capacity. It'll slay the high level bosses easily and the upgrades aren't that expensive. If you're concerned about the price, try out the gun and the one time offer will give you a price of 249 medals. If you hit level 31, the price will go down to 225 medals.

Compared to the MN79, it's more accurate and fires slightly faster, though the recoil is much higher for the M249 and the DPS is higher for the MN79.