Universal Overkill 3 (by Craneball Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Rangulf

Rangulf Active Member

Feb 9, 2015

SPAS12 is 42 or 43 Medals I think.

Also, based on the Upcoming Games Thread, Craneballs mentioned about thinking of a way to convert in-game money to medals. They're still trying to figure out how to do it right though, but it'd be really nice to have that option.

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #62 L.Lawliet, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
    Yeah the game gets pretty difficult once you reach about 80+ stars. The number of needed stars gets really tight so you have to do some ridiculous missions.

Thanks for answering some of my previous questions about the armor guys! Btw, does the Black Market ever come back? For instance if you wanted an older weapon you saw that you couldn't afford?

I'm having buyer's remorse. I just bought a BM item because I thought I'd never see it again for about 250 ish medals, super expensive and all my medals. It was the gun from Aliens. Looks awesome. There's no "testing" with these guns so I had to get it.

It's downright HORRIBLE. I feel like I got scammed. Not only is the sound of the gun super weak (sounds like a toy out of batteries), it has horrible accuracy (combined with the fast fire rate you're burning all your ammo hitting nothing) and very little items to upgrade. And to add to that, the upgrades are completely unaffordable. The ones that cost cash START at at least 94k and go past 100k for just the first upgrades.

DO NOT BUY THAT GUN.

I tried running some levels with it and it's great for upclose enemies (which appear like a quarter of the time). Other than that, you're going to lose all your health trying to hit medium / long distance. I actually did worse using the Aliens gun than I did with my M4A1. I can't believe I spent all my medals on that. Kind of upset. Could've got the P90 or an auto shotgun.

Basically it's a skin of a terrible gun with high maintenance + a waste of medals ($8 worth?)

Still a good fun game. This is not a diss on the game but a diss on the gun itself. Overkill 3 is pretty challenging and has its difficulties but I still recommend this game.

3. Rangulf

Rangulf Active Member

Feb 9, 2015
    I remember asking that same questions a few weeks back, to which Craneballs mentioned that Blackmarket weapons would return as part of the multiplayer rewards in a future update.

Oh and for you guys just about to hit level 21, just a heads up. The fully upgraded AA-12 can be purchased for cash in their one-time offer after you test it out for just under 2million. So, go megaton grind, or spend $49.99 USD for it. It is an excellent gun tho, and very accurate for a shotgun. The selling point is the massive DPS of the weapon which is going to be helpful once you start fighting mechanical sub-bosses and level bosses at around below 160 stars.

4. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Wow how do you make that much money? I'm at 18 and I only have under 200k. I feel like if I ever reached 2 million, I'd have to pass lvl 21 (and then the preview option would disappear). At where I am in the game, I have to beat some really difficult stars to pass and I can make about $1,500-$2 a mission (already completed mission).

Though I can't say for sure if previews save. I noticed it stack one on top of the other before but I once did the Uzi preview twice and it skipped over the other weapon.

The auto shotguns I tried in the previews were great so I'm surprised at how horrible the automatic weapons are.

5. Rangulf

Rangulf Active Member

Feb 9, 2015
    #65 Rangulf, Mar 3, 2015
    You can increase the length of your cash grind by not doing the weapon test. Note that the weapon testing will only allow you to test 2 of the last unlocked weapons. Any subsequent unlocked weapon will replace the lower ranked weapon of the two, and the one time offer will disappear. So if you plan to grind for that AA-12, do the weapon test for the SCAR, and the AS50, and hope that you'll have enough by the time you reach lvl 27. I regret not purchasing the AA-12 before it got bumped off the testing by the M249 :(

The 158 Star stage in Factory 2 is kicking my ass, there's a robot with some big minigun and a rocket launching drone/tank combo that's doing massive damage to my character.

6. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Thanks for the tips! That's helpful. I'll see how long I can hold off. That;'s a huge gap to fill since I'm not even close to 1 mil yet lol. Too bad you can't convert medals to money either. Do you know how much the AA12 is normally priced without the discount?

You have the AA12 and those robots are still standing? Dang. Maybe the game is a tad too hard :eek:

7. Rangulf

Rangulf Active Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Ahh no, The AA12 will turn the bosses and robots and tanks into scrap faster than my current guns. Which is why I regret not getting it before, because I think the AA12 is good enough to be an end-game weapon (Not the best, but certainly will still be useful till the end of the game).

Anyway, here are the price list of weapons in my game as of the moment. Maybe you'll be able to plan your purchases accordingly.

UMP45 - $5000
    MP5 - 36 Medals
    SIG553 - $11500
    G36C - $23000
    SPAS12 - 42 Medals
    PG39 - 99 Medals
    M4A1 - $73987 (Discounted to 55K after a few levels above)
    AK-47 - $ 104420
    KSG12 - 106 Medals
    MK14 EBR - SNIPER - 155 Medals
    Barrett 98B - SNIPER - $157000+++
    P90 - $225300
    SCAR-H - $336556
    AA12 - 255 Medals (Or $1,999,000 fully upgraded in One Time Offer)
    AS50 - SNIPER - 348 Medals (Discounted later on to 190)
    ACR - $553809 (Discounted later on to $503809)
    M249 - 299 Medals (Discounted to 249 Medals in One Time Offer)
    FN F2000 - 549 Medals Early Access
    AK-2047 - 449 Medals Early Access
    MN79 - 799 Medals Early Access
    M32 MGL - 988 Medals Early Access
    GUS-R - SNIPER - ??????
    GUS1 - ??????

Early access prices are generally double the regular price. Hope this helps people plan their purchases in the game.

8. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    #68 L.Lawliet, Mar 3, 2015
    You rock man! That post will be helpful for more people than just me. It'll help when figuring out how to spend and when to save early. Also thanks for typing it all out, I'm sure that wasn't a fun thing to do.

:)

I often make my picks on my favorite weapons so I'll probably aim for the ACR and the AA12. An autoshotgun seems like a must.

Edit: Seeing the AA12 at 255 medals upsets me because that's about how much I spent on the Aliens HICKS gun and it's crap - comparable to a starter weapon with stronger damage.

9. justplainjay

justplainjay Well-Known Member

Extremely helpful, I'm going to be spending my cash and medals much smarter

10. Rangulf

Rangulf Active Member

Feb 9, 2015
    #70 Rangulf, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
    I'm really digging the Barret M98, it kills light and medium mobs in one hit though it takes 2 hits on higher level heavy soldiers (1 hit with head shot) and it's totally worth the price. I assume the AS50 will one hit kill all mobs at least in the early Warehouse levels. You might as well get it since there is a stage in Factory 2 which requires the player to equip a sniper rifle (Any kind).

Anyway, a small update on prices:

M249 299 medals ---> 224 medals (24% discount when you hit level 31)

Also another Blackmarket gun unlocked at level 30

Eraser Gun (From the film Eraser I suppose) ---> $2,750,000
    Nothing particularly special in terms of stats, it performs on the level of the ACR except it fires blue projectiles, making it look like an energy gun.

11. craneballs

craneballs Well-Known Member

Difficulty balancing and GC issues.

Rangulf, thanks for all the help. Good stuff :)

For those who got stuck in Rail Yard, good news - we've toned down the difficulty of those levels and decreased stars requirements.

Also with the GC issues, should be a lot better now. Let us know.

12. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Your updates are most appreciated. Do post if you ever feel like you found something interesting.

As I am limited on medals, you think the item I should go for first would be the AA12 or saving up for a strong sniper rifle like you mentioned (like AS50 that requires medals)? I agree that a power weapon would be awesome but an AA12 with decent accuracy, fire rate, and stopping power without a zoom seems like a somewhat better choice if picking between the two? As of now I'm still aiming for AA12 and the ACR.

And did you buy the eraser gun? I always thought the needle bomb from Eraser was the coolest :cool:

13. drmaxman

drmaxman Member

May 2, 2011
    A hat of many colors
    SC USA
    User Guide

Will there be an online user manual or guide for OK3? Or a FAQ would be nice as well. There are a lot of things about the new interface and Armory I have questions about.

14. Rangulf

Rangulf Active Member

Feb 9, 2015
    #74 Rangulf, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
    I would actually save up medals for armor purchases first, but if I were to choose a gun in your dilema, go for the AA12. You can just use the Barrett M98 for the sniper only challenge (It is a good gun in itself as well) while the AA12 will have endurance and DPS, and a heafty ammo capacity. It is quite accurate as well even at mid range, and it becomes a super beast with the rate-of-fire or accuracy power ups, nothing will stand in its way in dominating any stage in those scenarios.

I find that playing as a sniper is a preferred playstyle, it's just something I've acquired while using the Barret M98, so buying the AS50 is not a requirement at all unless you're really into sniper rifles and would like something with more omph than the M98.

I got the chance to try the fully upgraded ACR in the weapons test, and it handles real smoothly. The low-recoil allowed for tight shot groupings even at longer ranges and the damage is pretty high for a gun in its class. The fully upgraded model in the one time offer can only be purchased with medals, I forgot how much though but it's around 600++ or 700++ IIRC. The base weapon can still be purchased with cash though.

I just tried the Eraser Gun in my other account, it feels like the ACR in many respects, and it has the same power rating in game. Still, it fires blue bolts, so it feels really cool to use. Big price tag tho and limited in upgrades.

drmaxman, you can just ask here any questions regarding the gameplay of OK3. We'll try our best to answer.

Craneballs, thanks for being part of making the game awesome yourself :). I'd like to ask if we can we expect more guns in future updates? Would there be upcoming features you have planned if ever? :D

And here are more weapon price updates (In bold):

UMP45 - $5000

MP5 - 36 Medals

SIG553 - $11500

G36C - $23000

SPAS12 - 42 Medals

PG39 - 99 Medals

M4A1 - $73987 (Discounted to 55K after a few levels above)

AK-47 - $ 104420

KSG12 - 106 Medals

MK14 EBR - SNIPER - 155 Medals

Barrett 98B - SNIPER - $157000+++

P90 - $225300

SCAR-H - $336556

AA12 - 255 Medals (Or $1,999,000 fully upgraded in One Time Offer)

AS50 - SNIPER - 348 Medals (Discounted later on to 190)

ACR - $553809 (Discounted later on to $503809)

M249 - 299 Medals. Discounted to 249 Medals in One Time Offer. Discounted further to 224 medals when character reaches level 31

FN F2000 - 549 Medals Early Access. $1,277,480 normal price. Option to purchase regular version for 499 medals, or $4,750,000 fully upgraded in One time Offer

AK-2047 - 449 Medals Early Access. $849,660 regular price. Option to purchase regular version for 499 medals, or 659 medals fully upgraded in One time Offer

MN79 - 799 Medals Early Access

M32 MGL - 988 Medals Early Access

GUS-R - SNIPER - ??????

GUS1 - ??????

Medal-only armor purchases:

Assault Armor: 18 Medals
    Nano Mk.1: 79 Medals
    Nano Mk.4: 250-ish Medals (More or less)
    Nano Mk.5: 498 Medals

The rest of the armors can be purchased with cash.

BLACKMARKET Weapons

Auto 9 (Robocop's handgun)
    Terminator gun
    Magpul PDR - 77 Medals
    L85A - 199 Medals
    Tommy Gun
    92FS (custom Cleric handgun from the film Equilibrium)
    Pulse Rifle (From the film Aliens)
    Morita Assault Rifle (Starship Troopers)
    Eraser Gun (from the film Eraser, unlocks at lvl 30, $2,750,000)

It seems that they're starting to rotate Blackmarket guns now, I saw the PDR go on sale again for a 24 hour period just recently.

Whew, that's a lot. Hope that helps more. If you've got info on the late-game guns, please let us know so we can plan our purchases. I'm really looking forward to the MN79 and the M32 myself.

15. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Seems like you're in the best position to make your own FAQ now ;)

Thanks for the impressions. I'm almost at 21 so I'll be getting the AA12 as soon as I hit it with all my medals.

I personally believe that a good accurate AR should always be purchased as a main carry weapon. I've been using those rifles over all the other weapons in my primary slot. I even subbed the old G36 in my second slot (the Alien's gun had the second slot but it made me lose so many levels, it's now useless so I'm dumping the gun for good).

The black market weapons are a mystery to me. I wish they let you test fire them. They cost so much and you can't even see what upgrades are in it. I noticed through the alien's gun that they have very little upgrade slots and each one is ridiculously expensive. I find it not cost efficient at all to buy one unless you have a lot of medals laying around as a huge percentage is medal prices.

16. Rangulf

Rangulf Active Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Just be forewarned that the upgrades on the AA12 are pretty hefty. Fully upgrading the entire gun might set you back 400 medals (IIRC the ammo drum is the most expensive upgrade at around 80 medals I think). Still, it's a good weapon and totally worth it since it will match the performance of later weapons that get unlocked at level 30+.

I've been thinking of having various weapon load outs. I was hoping for say a riot cop build (Grenade launcher, Shotgun, Revolver), but that would require more guns to be put into the game. I would like to see more guns in different weapon classes. The M32 is the only grenade launcher in the game and at a high level at that, it's be awesome if we can get other lesser performing grenade launchers for lower levels like the HK69 (Single shot, breach loaded), or the GM94 (Pump action, 3-4 round tube magazine).

17. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Dang expensive AA12. But I've gone beyond that, seeing my black market alien's gun upgrades are at least $94K or the first ammo clip costing 94 medals.

And I agree. More varied weapons would be lovely. Or maybe add weapons with special effects like Resident Evil did (like piercing rounds). Or a grenade launcher that impairs vision.

I do expect more. I didn't play this when it soft launched so I have no idea if they added more weapons in between that time or not. Maybe the weapons we see now have a bunch of new ones that weren't there earlier? Are there multiple load out slots? I didn't see any but have slots would make things easier than manually switching out weapons every time. I'd rather not bother and just use what I already equipped.

I am impressed by the level of detail on the 3D models, especially on the movie homage guns.

18. drmaxman

drmaxman Member

May 2, 2011
    A hat of many colors
    SC USA
    Ammo Box

What does the ammo box do, how is it activated, and when is the best time to use it?

19. Rangulf

Rangulf Active Member

Feb 9, 2015
    It replenishes ammo for your current weapons. you equip it in the item screen and you activate it by tapping on the icon on the upper right corner of the gameplay screen. Sometimes you'll run out, and there's a boss coming up, you'll need ammo or you'll have to resort to your secondary for those cases. It's useful for low ammo weapons like sniper rifles or the grenade launcher.

It might also be useful for the upcoming survival mission type in the future update.

20. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Wow.. that AA12... got it.. upgraded just one clip and one grip. And... wow. I'm in love. I even spent a few K on stickers. Too bad all the skins cost medals. I'd rather upgrade it.

This is the only gun I've spent medals on. I might buy some more just for this gun. Though I do want an AR. ACR unlocks at 26 and I'm at 21 so that's a looong way. I'm wondering if I should just buy the Scar for now. I don't make a ridiculous amount of money so I'm just worried if I can make about $400K before I hit 26 and I'm not sure I can if I want to take advantage of the discount.

If the weapons get better from here that'll be great!