Universal Overkill 3 (by Craneball Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Hobbesian

Hobbesian Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Nasty paywall bump at about 50 stars, spas 12 can only be bought for medals and you guessed it, one mission needs a spas 12. You need the stars from that mission or near perfect completion elsewhere to move on.

2. iosomfg

iosomfg Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2014
    I bought this spas12 on sale and go through without any paying :)

3. jl802

jl802 Member

Oct 22, 2012
    SUPERVISOR
    GEORGIA
    Overkill 3

Anyone had trouble getting game to start on IPAD w/o crashing?

4. Samurix16

Samurix16 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Male
    USA
    App keeps crashing

5. Rangulf

Rangulf Active Member

Feb 9, 2015
    #25 Rangulf, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
    Try running the app in Airplane mode, it worked for another person, it could work for you.

So far, OK3 runs smoothly without crashing on my Iphone 6, it crashes occasionally in my Ipad Mini however.

As for the SPAS12 paywall, try to level your profile a bit further up. There'll be a 33% discount for the weapon, reducing it to 28 medals only. So far, that SPAS12 stage is the only one I've encountered which has a weapon requirement. Only some stages have a weapon power rating required, but nothing that a bit of playing can't accomplish.

Also, the thread title needs to be edited since this game is in worldwide launch right now.

6. Samurix16

Samurix16 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Male
    USA
    It worked but when I connect to Internet it crashes again.

7. adin

adin Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    New Mexico
    Anyone know there's any MFI controller support?

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im curious too coz i believe OK2 had MFi support?

9. RomanReigns

RomanReigns Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    Worth downloading? i mean this one just looks like frontline commando

10. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
  11. mid83

mid83 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2014
    Never played an Overkill game before. Any reason to mess with overkill 1 or 2 before jumping into this one?

12. machine56

machine56 Well-Known Member

May 23, 2014
    keeps crashing on my I5 ios7 :( ,
    already tried airplane mode, but no joy :(

13. craneballs

craneballs Well-Known Member

Possibly only to see the production leap. Otherwise you can start with OK3 and check the older ones later if you'd like.
    We finally had the new version reviewed and approved (1.1.6). It should be available any minute now. Please let us know if it helped.

14. craneballs

craneballs Well-Known Member

Not yet, but it's coming. We've been toying with Android TV for quite some time, so it should be no biggie to use it for iOS.

15. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Just wanted to say thanks for making your games offline. Now I know if I put money into your game, it won't magically disable itself one day or wait forever for the server to fix.

The originals were classics and I'm glad I can just pop them into my phone and play them whenever I want. Good stuff :)

16. Rangulf

Rangulf Active Member

Feb 9, 2015
    #36 Rangulf, Feb 26, 2015
    So you guys might be interested in the Blackmarket weapons that pop up from time to time as you level up. Here are the ones I've found so far:

Auto 9 (Robocop's handgun)
    Terminator gun
    Magpul PDR
    L85A
    Tommy Gun
    92FS (custom Cleric handgun from the film Equilibrium)
    Pulse Rifle (From the film Aliens)
    Morita Assault Rifle (Starship Troopers)

Good job with the fictional gun selection Craneballs. Kudos to the original weapons as well, the PG39 and MN79 stand out aesthetically for my taste.

Also, the free MP5 from their pre-launch promotion is carrying me well till up to 60-70 star stages. If you weren't able to get an MP5 promo code, the G36 is a very close substitute later on.

17. pauldavidmerritt

pauldavidmerritt Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Male
    Ultrasound reporting systems
    East Rutherford NJ
    Lol - agreed. It makes it look like an 11 year old just hit the hundred hole, playing the Ski Ball game at the arcade. MASSIVE TICKETS!! Lol

18. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Great railed shooter. Love this stuff. Loved 1 & 2 also. Nice change of pace from CaptainStrike & ModernCombat5.

19. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

#39 Der-Kleine, Feb 26, 2015
    So far the game seems pretty good for a rail shooter. I did encounter some bugs though, for example the game kept deleting my save game at first until I deleted the game's data (Note: I'm playing on android), and I once encountered this weird bug where all of the armor models wouldn't load.

Other than that my main complaint is with the sound design and how it ties in with the game's visuals. I think many of the guns look and sound weak. They don't sound powerful. They don't look like they have propper recoil. Hitting someone lacks a real sense of impact. The Voice acting doesn't sound like it's coming from the character in game, but from someone standing behind the camera, it doesn't sound like it's part of the environment your character is standing in if that makes any sense.
    I'd also like to see propper controller support (Using nvidia Gamepad mapper just isn't as good as native controller support...), as well as some slight adjustments to the on-screen controlls. Since I'm playing on a tablet, I find that the shoot button is placed a little too far down (which can get uncomfortable), and I really wish the non-button-area on the right side of the screen would aim as well.

But overall, I'm having a decent ammount of fun and the game looks and runs great on my Shield Tablet (as is to be expected) and the Business model is very reasonable (so far, I'm level 10). Also the high-five quick time event is pretty awesome.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the quicktime event where you have to connect the dots can be a little confusing, because the dots take quite some time to appear. While it didn't have any negative effect on me completing the QTE, it is quite annoying when you finish a swipe and take your finger off the screen, only for another dot to pop up to be connected to your line.

Attached Files:

20. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Agree on all counts regarding gun fire sounds and said bullet impact.