Universal Outwitters - (by One Man Left Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by crex, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Snooper

Snooper Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Australia
    So you're implying that the 10+ people who posted about not getting notifications all made this same, obvious mistake?

2. MarkHerm

MarkHerm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    I wouldn't mind that. As you can have loads of active game I can live with that. In the end the troll will loose and 7 days give you enough time when on vacation/ill or very busy at work once in while :)

3. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I agree. Sometimes (family, work and so on) we don't have a free (quality) time to play.

7 days is not even that much.

4. Juuicetin

Juuicetin Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    It would be nice if there was a rematch button after the game. Sometimes it would be nice to play the same person without having to friend them.

5. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    #125 grits, Jul 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
    No, I'm saying I did that and then I went into settings and turn notifications on and they still do not work.

EDIT : notifications are working but they are somewhat slow. Suddenly it seems to be working.

6. shinbone64

shinbone64 Active Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Pretty fun so far but I've found playing against someone with the summoner is beyond frustrating. That coupled with a medic seems a bit too strong...

7. kamikaze28

kamikaze28 <a href="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hundreds/

You mean Mobi? Yeah, depending on how you use him, he can get quite nasty. Teleporting a Sniper halfway across the map is a scary thought indeed.

8. shinbone64

shinbone64 Active Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Sorry got the name wrong, meant scrambler.

9. Hound16

Hound16 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2012
    This game rocks.

But I can't even get into league play because of unresponsive players on my 5 placement matches. I guess I wouldn't mind so much if I could keep myself busy versus an AI opponent, or if there was maybe a shorter timer on league games, or a system where the two players each pick a set timer limit at the start of the game (and the difference is averaged)

Still the best balanced strategy game I've come across in a while. Kudos

10. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    great game. one thing tho: i find the ability (or lack there of) to see spaces past what your soldiers can see to be interesting and a twist to the game. however... i feel that its crucial to try to remember where the enemies are even if you can't see them, lets say from one turn to the next. i try to remember where i have seen an enemy in the shade but with so many games its difficult. maybe OML can implement a system of placing "flags" on the field simply so the user can remember things between games and not get mixed up and such.

11. Ssylex

Ssylex Well-Known Member

May 18, 2011
    Software Engineer
    It might not be optimal, but have you tried utilizing the in-game replay system? As the matches are relatively short, you should be able to quickly skim through the rounds to refresh your memory on unit placement...

12. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Game has crashed 5/5 times on my 4th gen touch, always on the main menu...

Sucks, cause the game looks great...

Oh well...

Guess its time to trash the 4th gen...

13. spockgold007

spockgold007 Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2011
    death star

Works fine on my 4th gen iPod touch, try clearing multitasking menu and turn iPod off then back on

14. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    I feel like this could be abused. That's part of the strategy, is remembering where your opponents are.

15. Malphes

Malphes Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    I agree, it makes fog of war pointless.

16. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    WOW thanks for the info!!! This fixed my iPod!! It even magically turned it into a yet unreleased 5th gen!!! =oO

Yes, I tried... I always clear my multitasking bar and hard reset after installing, and after EACH AND EVERY crash...

Sorry... Just sick of being told to clear my damn multitasking bar and reset my device... It's common knowledge...

Anyway...

Running iOS 5.1... And have 15 GB of free space...

Not jailbroken... Blah blah blah...

17. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Na, many strategy games with fog of war use grey scale versions of the units to show last known position. The idea is that its not a memory test, and you shouldnt have to watch the replay a bunch of times to be able to focus on the strategy.

So I think its a very good idea, but I dont think it will happen. It would be a sizeable chunk of additional work and they are a two man team and have higher priorities to focus on such as squashing bugs, releasing new factions, maps and the like.

18. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    To be fair, a great number of people don't. 90% of our support requests are solved this way.

19. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Apple was releasing corrupted binaries for a while yesterday for some new apps and updates. Did you try deleting and reinstalling?

20. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Try to reset the... Oh wait...
    Anyway, have you tried to post the issue on the official board? You might get feedback there. Runs smoothly on my iPad 1. I'll try later on my ipod3rd gen.