Universal Outwitters - (by One Man Left Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by crex, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Ben!

Ben! Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    I'm really enjoying the new update. The game already felt really polished but this adds a whole level.

The update really doesn't contain anything in the way of huge new content, but it's given me a good enough excuse to start a few new games and get back into some league placement matches, etc.

2. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

On my 6+ I am getting a crash from the title screen.

3. armilla

armilla Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Yes. There's still a lot of people playing this, so matchmaking is a non-issue.

4. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    #884 PoloBaquerizoH, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
    This game is broken, not even one match can be playable by crashes, iOS8 complete updates, iPAd Air, I bought all IAp and not be able to play it? Come on

5. Kamakazie

Kamakazie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    #885 Kamakazie, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
    Nevermind!

6. OneManLeft

OneManLeft Well-Known Member

Are you on iOS 8.2?

7. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Ok iphone 6+ here, everything is working fine, matches are great, on problem is when you make your moves and try to go back to the game list, the screen just stays black, forcing you to shut app and go back in every time. fix please ! Lovin the game !

8. RoboBoto

RoboBoto Well-Known Member

May 1, 2012
    I just started yesterday, love the idea, but need some games under my belt to get going. The 'Friendly' game play seems to me to be anything but, after two successful plays, I now have all three games stalled since the opponents don't play their turns. Suppose I can resign and take the loss but that seems unfair. I know I can pay to access more games, but still testing to see if it is a go. Any advice for the first days of play for a newbie?

9. OneManLeft

OneManLeft Well-Known Member

We've got an update in the pipeline to get this fixed asap. Sorry about that! Also has a few other iOS fixes regarding friends lists and turn list loading.

For a newbie, playing 2v2 and bringing along a friend can make the learning curve a bit more fun. In friendly matches, while some may wish to delay the game, resigning from the game does not negatively effect your rating, standing, or any record. So if you wish to get more turns in before deciding to upgrade, you can always resign. But as a side note: games expire after 4 days. If they don't do their turn in 4 days, it'll give you the win instead.

Another option is visiting our community forums, we have a thread specifically for those wishing to find high quality partners and opponents that don't flake.

10. justplainjay

justplainjay Well-Known Member

How, and why did you buy all the IAP if its broken and crashes?

11. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Does the game work yet?

12. RoboBoto

May 1, 2012
    Hi,
    I just installed the new update. I still have a stuck game, says "Waiting for more" in place of user name, error message "Joining Time Out" if I try to enter the game. Any way to get rid of this?
    Thanks

13. Pedroapan

Pedroapan Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    I'm a lousy player, but one advice is not to rush too quickly. That's usually how I loose my games. Build a good defense and save up some wits for the attack. Send me an invitation if you want to play a Friendly game.

Pedroapan

14. RoboBoto

May 1, 2012
    Thanks for the offer, I will soon. My problem is that I keep having to resign from games because my opponents won't take their turn.

15. Pedroapan

Pedroapan Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    I don't know if the game tries to match you with players from the same region, but that would be nice and speed up the games as well. My opponents usually play their moves in the middle of the night for me (I'm in Europe). When playing someone from a different region it's quite common to play one move per day.

Pedroapan

16. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    The game crashed on matches, I bought all iap long time ago, but problem is fix now with last update and I love this game, is one of the best strategy games available for mobiles

17. armilla

armilla Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Hey TA fans of outwitters! I'm always down for a friendly game: holler at me, my gamer tag is armillanymphs

18. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Haven't played in about a year but still in my top 10 all time iOS games. I think I might dive back in. I wonder how much has changed since then.

19. Trocergian

Trocergian Active Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Gameplay wise it's exactly the same, but the thing crashes like the dickens on me now.

20. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Playable?