Universal Outwitters - (by One Man Left Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by crex, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Oxynidus

Oxynidus Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Just started this game. Just how long will it take me to leave the fluffy bunny league? I'm closing on 500 points as #1 (with #2 being about 150 or so). Also what's the deal with players who make one move per week? Is it a choice between forfeiting and losing a slot?

2. theorangeipod

theorangeipod Member

Oct 29, 2012
    It's Thursday and I'm still waiting on my veggie update#### One Man left devs please give me a release date

3. theorangeipod

theorangeipod Member

Oct 29, 2012
    I really like this game Ive been around the block on the app store and I feel obligated to in a sense pay homage to the developers at One Man Left games. This is an EXTREMELY creative game and you should be proud of it. There is no reason for a game where you shoot birds at pigs to get more downloads than Outwitters. Oh and by the way the Veggienauts update better come out tommorrow or else......haha

4. InkyTheGhost

InkyTheGhost Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    Hmm. I thought this thread would be buzzing, with the new update out and all.
    Well, the update is awesome.
    The new team and maps definitely present a challenge, and really go a long way to making the game feel brand new. The Veggienauts are making me see old maps in a new way, which is super refreshing.
    I love this game, and it just got better.
    There are also more opportunities to support the devs. Wink wink.
    Thanks for a great update guys!

5. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    The changes to the spawn menu made the game unplayable for me. Almost instant nausea. So, I have no other opnion sadly.

6. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    #866 DannyTheElite, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
    I like this but don't hate on AB:)
    And there is: file size
    AB is a lot smaller

7. PallaZ

PallaZ Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Questions: if i buy one Base Avatar, do i get all or is it 1,99$ each?

8. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    #868 grits, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
    In my opinion this should be a nominee for game of the year. My personal GOTY. - the Room as runner up.

9. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    #869 grits, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
    By the way, First started playing on the phone and it was great. Now I'm playing on iPad and it's sweet sweet perfection. Makes a huge difference. This game is almost perfect. Most finely crafted came on the App Store I have played. Beautiful and balanced, perfect controls, awesome online.

10. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I agree. This is easily my #1 of 2012, just based on the fact that I've been playing it literally every day since it came out. That never happens!

11. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    #871 grits, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
    By the way, I love the changes you've made to the game. Gaining wit for destroying an enemy is brilliant. Game is much more fast-paced and balanced now.

Happy holidays folks!!

12. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    BTW I agree that the movement on the spawn screen is quite Nauseating.

13. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Bases on sale? Still say 1.99

14. Bruno

Bruno Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Capital Markets
    Boston
    The new update screw the game up.

The restore purchase button does not work and the game keeps crashing.

Using at iPad mini and iPhone 5. Nothing is working properly.

Thank you

15. necrocat219

necrocat219 Active Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Accountant
    England
    I'm curious to see how many people are still playing Outwitters because I'm still playing games and playing versus players on the OML forum as it is a nice game to just pick up and have in the background. Sorry for the Necro.

16. doughogg

doughogg Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Mac Consultant, Research and Promotion Director
    Los Angeles
  17. TanTan

TanTan Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2011
    I tried play it again. Deleted it for the same reason I did before. Gameplay is to slow.

18. doughogg

doughogg Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Mac Consultant, Research and Promotion Director
    Los Angeles
    #878 doughogg, Nov 22, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
    Outwitters champion matches online

Disclaimer: I have no financial interest in this game -- I just love it and want to see it expand and continue forever.

Outwitters is chess for the 21 century. You get points each turn and can use them to make and move men. You can also save up points and move a lot of men on one turn.

True, Outwitters has no hand-eye coordination/speed of reflexes aspect. It is more of a puzzle where you try to outwit human opponents and rise up the levels where you are matched up against other experienced players. And, yes, since it is turn based, you sometimes have to wait a while for an opponent to play.

Lately I have been having a lot of fun with 2-on-2 matches. You can now watch replays of champion-level matches on your iPhone/iPad/iPod or on your computer.

Today, there is an amazing match posted on the Outwitters forum between the #1 team this week (Natichux & Alvendor) versus the #4 team (- Japsie - & acameronp). It's a long match, so you will probably want to pause the replay and scroll to watch the last 4 moves.

http://www.onemanleft.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=417&page=91

Look for Sugar Rock (name of the map) - Natichux & Alvendor vs acameronp & - Japsie -

:)

Doug

19. OneManLeft

OneManLeft Well-Known Member

20. Colgul

Colgul Active Member

May 15, 2013
    I used to play this quite a lot when it first came out, is it worth me dipping back into it?