Out Now Outlanders (by Pomelo Games)

Discussion in 'Apple Arcade' started by Boardumb, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Malakai

Malakai New Member

Oct 22, 2019
    Male
    #41 Malakai, Oct 22, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    I hate to play this way but attached was my way to beat lvl 6. It took days and many tries to realize I was playing wrong. Food and securing a large supply is usually the way to beat most levels, but this one requires you to forage with care and build at the same time.

I had one set of builders, one tomato farm, zero houses, but four huts which I rotated my people through. I began to mine, log, and refine the wood immediately. I kept all buildings near a centralized storage to reduce travel time and I finally beat the level. I could have gotten the optional goal as well by pausing the last building and telling my people to go make babies, alas I’d forgotten. No one was starving and I only use dont eat less a handful of times.

I’m just sad there isn’t another level yet.

Attached Files:

philosteen likes this.
  2. Georgina

Georgina Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2010
    Sydney
    Really enjoyed this one.

My only real complaint is having to sit through the night -- or not even the night, really, but the time when all the workers are walking back to their homes. On the later levels when your buildings are very spread out this can take forever.

I also would've liked the option to speed up the FF to more than 5x during the day.

Finished Level 6 on my second attempt on day 95. Nobody died of hunger but I did have about thirty people homeless at the end (population was 125) and food was getting short. Reading through this thread now, I think I took a slightly different approach to some: I went hard on the foraging for a long time, slowly built tomato farms, and kept on foraging until the end of the game.

I also used the Eat Less decree a couple of times. I don't think I would've won without it.

What worked for me with farms was placing the buildings so their zones overlapped two rows on each side. Even though you end up with fewer total squares, that seems to be more than made up for by the efficiency of being able to have up to twelve farmers on the zone when you need them to harvest and plant.

Looking forward to more levels!

philosteen likes this.
  3. philosteen

philosteen Member

Oct 15, 2019
    One tomato farm is impressive. Yours is by far the most compact I've seen. Also in 51 days. I'm gonna raise you on the time though – I managed 49 days with the following:

2 farms, 3 builders' huts, 2 quarries, 2 sawmills, connected roads, no decrees, no baby boom (so no sub goal).

Challenge to finish earlier?

I bet you can also build the farms sooner, because less space is needed.

My latest:

0090DBF1-E545-4AD9-8CDB-D7D397579E8F.png 5D90603B-FC53-41DC-9D75-5317E3C87CAD.png 4A7FBA71-3236-42A2-8D25-7294C2C29B4E.png

Georgina likes this.
  4. Georgina

Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2010
    Sydney
    Sure. :)

45 days with three builders' huts, one sawmill, one quarry, no farms, no extra homes, and no decrees. No secondary goal (28 citizens) but also no hunger, just a couple of deaths from old age near the end. I miscalculated the amount of wood I had left and ended up wasting a bit of time harvesting extra, so I'm sure somebody else could do it quicker.

I don't know how to take a screenshot after the victory but I did take one a few seconds before.

Still wishing for a faster FF button. Sometimes you have everything set up the way you want it, and you just need the game to run for a while.

Attached Files:

philosteen likes this.
  5. philosteen

philosteen Member

Oct 15, 2019
    Damn, that's fast! I don't think I can top that with my current system.

6. philosteen

philosteen Member

Oct 15, 2019
    46 days dammit
    1 farm, lots of roads. I think I can hit 44…

Attached Files:

7. Georgina

Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2010
    Sydney
    Nice one! Your city looks so neat.

8. philosteen

philosteen Member

Oct 15, 2019
    Thanks! Except I just noticed… There are 6 taverns >_<

writevli likes this.
  9. philosteen

philosteen Member

Oct 15, 2019
    Alright, 40 days!

1 farm, 1 quarry, 3 builders', 2 sawmills, roads

Attached Files:

Georgina, writevli and weldon like this.
  10. LlamaMama

LlamaMama New Member

Nov 8, 2019
    Female
    Can someone help??!! I am on level 5 and down to just one person. It’s been like 20 ish days and they haven’t had a baby. What is happening.

11. philosteen

philosteen Member

Oct 15, 2019
    Even if it's a woman, I think you're out of luck with one person after 20 days…

Level 5 starts with 4 adults? Did some die of starvation? If so, next time quickly harvest mushrooms and develop the tomato farm to avoid a repeat.

12. Georgina

Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2010
    Sydney
    Awesome! Well done.

13. Genaeve

Genaeve New Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Female
    Does anyone know if you destroy the stockpile and rebuild it elsewhere if the followers will eventually move the leftover stock from destroyed area to the new one?

14. Garezmo

Garezmo New Member

Apr 28, 2021
    Male
    Yes. They will shift everything to the closest stockpile before eliminating the current one, and is fun to watch them do it.

15. Garezmo

Garezmo New Member

Apr 28, 2021
    Male
    New beginners need some GENERAL PRINCIPLES. I hate to think of how hard it is for them to figure out how to play the game well from all these leval specific examples you all are giving.
    Principal 1. Look the terrain over while comparing the requirements for that level. Where are you going to have room for farms and big buildings like taverns. Don’t build small things there, only to have to tear them down later. Which forests must be cleared right away as opposed to ones that can be used for food for awhile. Look at what is in the starting stockpiles. For example, if there is little wood than you will have to cut trees before building anything. Move most of your followers to the Builders Home. Then distribute them to buildings as you build them.
    Principal 2. Think FOOD, FOOD, FOOD at the beginning of nearly any level. You will only have a short time before your followers start starving to death. Do two things first; build as many forager huts as you can near forests, and , after about 5 days , turn on the Ration Food. Next, start setting up your farm by clearing trees etc. You must have your farm going before the Ration Food causes so much unhappiness that you lose that way. Don’t worry if your Foragers run out of mushrooms to pick temporarily. They will reappear shortly. Become familiar with how to switch your settlers around. Put a lot of them in a farm until you’ve finished planting. Then send them to other buildings until the plants are ready to harvest. It’s a mad scramble to survive the early stage, but if you don’t, at least you haven’t played long. So restart.