Universal Out There: Edition (by Mi-Clos Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    If you unlock new ships.. Do you get to start the next play through with the new aquired ship like FTL? Or you start in basic ship again?

The developer of this said he has plans to add plenty of content to this aswell :)

2. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Besides the space theme and survival, there is nothing in Out There that can evoke a thought about FTL, dont know why people keep mentioning a game thats based on combat where here is none, they are completely different. Is like comparing Rayman Jungle Run with Mario 64. Its beyond me.

And to answer that question, every time you start again, you do it from scratch. From the very beginning.

3. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    HEY, YOU WATCH YOUR MOUTH YOUNG MAN! ##but anyway, it's not a card battler, you pick a class, level up your class rank, level up you character, get new classes, skins, weapons, helms, capes, pets. Your trying to kill all of these chaos lords. Weekly new releases. It actually used to be a blast, you can fish and make potions and stuff! But I just stopped idk y. They actually have an ios game coming out was submitted about a week ago.

4. wicro

wicro Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Scotland
    I have really been sucked in by this game, the sound, the art , the controls everything smacks of quality. I did not get off my Ipad until about 3 am last night thanks to this game. The link with FTL may be somewhat tenuous , but the ‘feel’ of the game , at least for me, is very similar.
    That is, the constant struggle, luck elements and complete lack of frustration when it all goes wrong! Like FTL I do not mind meeting my maker for the umpteen time, knowing that the next run may produce new secrets, keeps me coming back.

Highly recommended.

5. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Me too, and since you start from scratch every time, you're forced to learn how to take care of resources. I love how it all flows. Nice game. Left a 5* review in the App Store. Hope it helps.

6. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I agree with everything you said, I just took over an abandonded ship for the first time and it was awesome. Not only does it look awesome but it has different powers and such and alot more spaces to make and hold materials.

7. AppsVerdict

AppsVerdict Well-Known Member

hmm.. am I the only one that's not impressed?

(think I just stepped on some toes there :p)

8. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    You got to give it time and start figuring out how stuff works and just let the experience grab you. Dont like be all half paying attention looking to fight stuff and this and that.

9. AppsVerdict

I wont give up on it so easily :)

There must be something to if since everybody seems to like it so much

10. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    How much have you played it?

11. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    #131 Lazer Kat, Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
    No, you aren't. I'm not very impressed either.
    It's a good game. I'm just not blown away, like the hype suggested I'd be.

I've only played the tutorial, and two games (which ended rather quickly).
    Maybe It'll be one that really grows on me.

I hope so, because I'm loving the theme and the idea.

12. AppsVerdict

#132 AppsVerdict, Feb 27, 2014
    Played through the tutorial, then I figured I'd go a little further later on when I have more time. But I read some of the posts here and couldn't help myself from sharing first impressions :)

edit: thought the introduction was a bit cheesy too: "then I found myself... out there!"... cheesy :)

anyway, I'll stop now.. I don't want to be too negative too soon.

13. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I thought the tutorial was cool, but getting deep in the game is where everything is :p

14. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Keep diving in. The longer you survive in a game the more stuff you get to see and discover. And then it clicks and you want to discover the rest. And keep playing game after game after game after game...

15. mitrida

mitrida New Member

Jun 27, 2013
    What it means power and ecosystem?

16. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Can't survive more then 8 systems. Again and again. Permadeath, no meta-game progress.

Boring.

17. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    How do u get oxygen ? Died few times because of that

18. evanac

evanac Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Senior Producer
    #138 evanac, Feb 27, 2014
    To anyone struggling to progress past the first few systems, what i have learnt so far is definitely DON'T try and visit all planets. Only go for stuff you NEED. If you're low on fuel approach gas giants, if you need crafting materials or hull head to a rocky planet, but DO THE BARE MINIMUM. Your focus should be on progressing to find better tech and empty ships/other anomalies until you have the means to scan systems from range to find anomalies and get yourself a better ship.

I imagine once you have knowledge of the gadgets that allow you to scan planets without having to land, things will fall into place.

In the meantime, improved cryo and solar sails make life easier!

Good luck... Out There! ^^

P.S. Mi-Clos, you rock. I have been trying to push the game a little to my measly 300 Twitter followers

P.P.S. To anyone waiting for a price drop. Some talented people have poured their hearts and souls into this game over many months. Is £3.49 / $3.99 *really* too much to ask? Support hungry devs you penny pinchers!!

19. CzechCongo

CzechCongo Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Better power will take your ship farther per unit of fuel. Better ecosystem uses less oxygen.

I have no idea what you mean by meta-game progress. Care to elaborate?

It is sometimes found with mining, can be supplied from a space station, or you can land on a planet with a garden atmosphere.

20. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    And from finding new ships