Universal Out There: Edition (by Mi-Clos Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Feb 26, 2014.

1. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    I find it difficult .. :(
    For those stars that you have visited, the screen shows it (either blue , red etc) but be good if it show me it contains 1 gas planet, 1 rocky etc .. easier to backtrack if needed...

Think I suck at resource mgmt games.

But like concept of planetary exploration.

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    There's a piece of tech you can find/craft that allows that.

.... But why would you back track?

3. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Yup, after few play throughs , realize there is a tech that allows me to see.. Anyway was hoping my craft has perhaps pen and paper to jot down past visited stars what planets there are haha . Backtrack because sometimes i am in emergency and I need like fuel so if I can go back to a star where I'm certain/ remember there's a gas planet, compared to taking a risk on a new star.

Finally got my first ending, the blue ending, but leave me a bit disappointed at how it ends.

There's no persistency in that you gain/retain better tech when you restart the game as you gain experience points or something, so the excitement is to try get all endings? I guess I lost much interest after that one ending. Not sure if I'm right in saying its primarily a resource management game? maybe pick it up again after new content update ..

Wonder if ftl is more addictive..

4. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    They're very different games, but they both definitely involve the management of resources.

FTL, however, is very combat heavy, and also a roguelike . And if I'm not mistaken, the only thing you retain between playthroughs is the ship's you've unlocked.

Out There is a sci-fi gamebook roguelike.

5. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Yes, that's the word, gamebook! And a very random one too

But hearing how difficult FtL is, I'm not sure I'm able to make it haha.

6. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia

Ftl is also very random
    Difficult but satisfying
    Every playthrough is different

Get it now...
    And the soundtrack are also superb :D

Any news about the omega version?

7. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    When I got my first ending, the game ends though I have another red objective. The game doesn't allow you to continue other objectives ? What about Omega version?

8. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Two things:

1.) Holy shit this game is great! I didn't ever have even the slightest interest in this game but during this sale I got a wild hair and picked it up...WOW! Addicting stuff.

2.) what's with the version leaderboards? I'm really not wanting to read 700+ posts, just a brief explanation would suffice.. :)

9. Pepelutin

Pepelutin Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Music teacher
    Belgium
    I'm trying to play a bit more than before, but again, i think it's hard to start each mission from the very beginning.

Am i missing something? Is it normal i loose everything when i die? I think it?s too frustrating! Except the words, but it's not very helpful. It would have been interesting to keep some parts of the ship between each play.

And i would have been able to be a bit more relax when i just want to explore space. Seeking for fuel is so hard! Anyway, i like this game. Just a bit too difficult for a casual like me.

Et merci beaucoup pour la traduction française!

10. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN

Try FTL.

Much more depth, still difficult but balanced a little more reasonable.

11. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I agree. Great game, but I'm not good enough to go far. So the enjoyment dies quickly. Wish there were difficulty options. Casual, Normal, Hard.

12. Pepelutin

Pepelutin Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Music teacher
    Belgium
    I will! I choose out there because it's localized in my language, french, but like you said, maybe FTL will be easier for me. Thanks for the idea.

13. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    So went met those beings or whatever they were but I was wondering is it possible to just go the first spot without meeting them or is it only possible after the update?

14. hylang

hylang Member

Jan 23, 2015
    #714 hylang, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
    I think it's stupid to spend money in a play player game!
    I'm smart and cool ,right? #

15. Mooro

Mooro Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    I agree. I really like the game and the update look phenomenal but I am just not good enough at it to get very far. I feel that luck is very much against you in the game. Anytime I have made any significant progress I have been brought to a grinding halt by not been able to travel far enough to reach the next star. Would love a casual mode so i could just sit back and enjoy the surroundings. I know this is not the mood the game is going for so I doubt we will see a casual mode :)

16. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I'm a long time Out There player, and as I see the 'luck factor' and FTL mentioned a lot, I would like to give my personal view.
    I can complete the green ending 100% (ok...99%) all the times, and I've completed both the red and blue one several times, even before the update that made the game easier when you discover the first beacon.
    In the beginning, I too thought there was much luck involved...and I died countless times...then I improved, and improved, and improved....now I play just for the blue or red ending.
    I said that not for bragging, I'm no better player than anyone else here, but just to point out that there is much less luck than it first seems in the game...I wouldn't improve that much playing the game if it was so.
    Several friends of mine had the same experience.

Just playing the game you will learn the various events, so you will have a better understanding of the risk/reward ratio.

For example I discovered the hard way not to push my luck in ANY event that even hint a teleport, if I haven't upgraded engines.
    And so on.

There are many strategies possibile in the game, and you have to adapt according to the ships you find, the upgrades and such.
    The best part of the game, imho, is trying to wrap up red or blue ending, when actively looking for specific components (I do not want to spoiler anything).

IMHO it's an incredible game, my personal 2014 GOTY, one of the few games I still play a year later.
    Can't wait for OMEGA.

As for FTL, another game I love, I can't really understand why it's mentioned this often.
    The only thing in common is the space setting.
    They are both great imho, with similar depth....but one is a frantic combat heavy real time game, the other one is a turn based slow paced exploration game.

Just my 2 cents....continue playing and you will see.
    And if you are like me...after you'll see green ending you will want to complete the whole game with the real endings soon enough.

17. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Thks for your insight Pitta, I definitely have to go back to Out There.
    Damn you motorsport Manager for taking my limited game time lol

18. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    I'm in same boat lol

19. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    #719 Infinity89, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  20. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Any chance we'll see multiple save files in the Omega edition? I'd love to go back to a previous state if I accidentally die or something.