"Ouch!" - Ragdoll Physics Game [Sneak Preview]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Hondune, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lopches

lopches Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    definitely gonna get this. when is it expected to be ready?

2. Hondune

Hondune Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    We're still waiting to hear from Apple, it has been in review for one week now. Hopefully good news this week!

3. wonderva

wonderva Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Hi, do you have the video on another website?
    It says the video is unavailable.

4. Andres

Andres Member

Dec 25, 2008
    damn I'm growing so impatient waiting for this game

I was about to buy fantastic contraption but then I saw ouch and decided to waitand reserve my last $5 for this. Since Thursday, I've constantly been checking for this game. I was looking for a fun physics based game with level editor option and for me this is a must get . I have a question though, regardless of the answer I'll still buy this game so Hondune please answer truthfully . In later updates do you plan adding more level editor props that shoot objects? I've seen the cannon and got excited but a little more variety would be nice. Thanks in advance

5. Forerunnerz

Forerunnerz Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    This game looks awesome. Definitely a must buy for me.

6. Hondune

Feb 22, 2009
    Absolutely. Our plan is to release regular updates that include more scenes, more backgrounds, and most importantly, more props for people. We also have more features we'd like to add, if the response to the game is positive.

If you have ideas for cool props or objects, please send them to us, we will certainly take them into consideration when preparing future updates.

we'd also love to get scene submissions from the community to post on our website, and possibly include in future updates to the game.

update we got a response from Apple reporting 2 "issues" with the game. However, they are just a result of the testers not fully understanding the design of the game, so we've sent off a response to Apple explaining. Hopefully they will agree, and approve the existing version we've submitted!

7. Andres

Andres Member

Dec 25, 2008
    Well....

That's awful ... Hopefully they approve the current submission. What kind of issues ? I'll try and come up with some really cool ideas and send them ! God I hope they approve it soon!!

8. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    That looks pretty fun!

9. Frostylovesloli

Mar 8, 2009
    QA Games Tester
    UK - West midlands
    Hope this is approved and out in a few days n_n

10. anduril_ukr

anduril_ukr Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Student
    New Jersey
    Welcome to TA!

11. soniclife

soniclife Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Hamburg
    Sandbox only?

This looks really, really promising. I am just wondering whether there're objectives to solve in the levels (like reaching a finish line or destroying a certain amount of stuff) or whether it's just a sandbox game? Gonna buy it anyways, but I hope there's some puzzle aspect in it. Is there something like that?

12. anduril_ukr

anduril_ukr Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Student
    New Jersey
    Welcome to TA! (wow, dejavu)

13. silicon1138

silicon1138 Member

Mar 9, 2009
    i will be buying this the INSTANT it comes out.
    This is going to be one of the best apps so far - really showing the power and potential of the iphone and how well developers can use it.

14. Hondune

Feb 22, 2009
    the only "goal" per level is to do as much damage as possible to the character... but some levels require more strategy than others. This is mostly because of the existence of "instant death" (game over) walls (the red ones). Some levels require skill to navigate through sections with red walls in order to reach areas where the real damage can be done :)

15. crimson.

crimson. Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
    Sounds great. Did you ever get a response from Apple? I hope they approve it soon.

16. shadowboy

shadowboy Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Waiting for this to be out... is torture T_T I frikkin' hate apple's approval process, I want it now!

And props I thought would be cool is:
    Miniature buildings, like lego eiffel towers empire state building, condo complex, cars, (tiny people?) etc.
    So we could play godzilla style and have the ragdoll destroy the tiny city :>

17. Hondune

Feb 22, 2009
    not yet. we sent a reply to them responding to their bug reports on Sunday, but nothing back from them today... hopefully we can get everything cleared up soon.

18. teagan1000000

teagan1000000 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!! this is just why i got my ipod ,but there were no games like it that were good on the app store!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE GOD!

19. TideTime

TideTime Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Oh man, this looks awesome :)

Loving the trailer and will definitely pick this one up!

20. Blaqkie

Blaqkie Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    I wish we knew a release date. My guess is this week's Tuesday - Friday probably. Lets hope! :)