"Ouch!" - Ragdoll Physics Game [Sneak Preview]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Hondune, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hondune

Hondune Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    #1 Hondune, Mar 5, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
    Hello everyone! We are Hondune Games, and this post is a sneak preview of our upcoming game "Ouch!". The game was submitted to Apple on Sunday, so with a little luck it will be available in the App Store in less than a week (fingers crossed).

Ouch!
    [​IMG]

Here is the official trailer for the game:
    [hqyoutube]ajyLlGPYyAI[/hqyoutube]

All of us are big fans of TA (both the site and the forums), which is why we wanted to post the first info about the game here. I've described the game below, and you can see more info about the game on our website.

Ouch! is an open-ended game about flinging a customizable "rag doll" character through a variety of scenes featuring a huge array of objects, with realistic physics and sounds. For each scene, you are given a "score" based on how much damage the character takes. You have multiple ways to influence how much damage the character takes:
    • Tilt the device to slightly alter gravity, guiding the character into objects
    • Swipe a finger on the screen to "nudge" the character
    • Touch on-screen interactive props such as pinball flippers, cannons, rockets, cars, and more to cause even more damage!

Game Features:
    • Amazing Ragdoll physics
    • Over 40 prebuilt scenes to play
    • Over 60 props and objects to interact with (crash into, hit, drop, shoot, etc)
    • Create your own characters with customizable outfits, hats and hairstyles, and faces
    • Put your friends (or your enemies, or your own!) face on a character by importing pictures from your photo library, or by taking pictures directly with the iPhone camera - complete with multiple facial expressions! Watch your brother/friend/enemy grimace in pain when he gets hit in the head with a falling anvil!
    • Complete level editor included - design your own scenes from right within the game. In fact, every scene included with the game was created with the same built-in editor!
    • Resume Edit feature - if you get a phone call, or have to exit the app while editing a scene, you can resume from where you left off the next time you launch the game.
    • Full replay system - watch playback in forward, reverse, slow motion, fast motion and any speed in-between with the intuitive "playback spinner"
    • An iPhone / iPod Touch first! -- Use the innovative "export to image" feature to export your custom scenes and characters to a standard JPG file, which you can email to your friends -- they can import that image into their game, and play your custom scenes, or use your custom characters for themselves! Sharing content is easy!
    • High Score tracking - the top score for each scene is recorded and kept - even for all of your custom scenes that you create, or import.
    • Future updates will add more of everything - scenes, outfits, props, hats, etc!

If the forum members here are interested in the game, we can create an exclusive scene for the TA community, and post it in this thread as a JPG image, that you will all be able to import and play in the game once it's released.

here are some screenshots (click for full size)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

finally, here is what an exported character, and exported scene look like:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

We look forward to your thoughts and opinions on the game!

thanks,
    -the Hondune Games team

2. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    funny trailer... So in the game do you have to get to some sort of ending area?

3. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Please please tell me you are pricing it at 99 cents for a day when it comes out then back to regular intro price :D

OR... you could put it on sale for 2 hours for TA members and post here when those two hours would be ;)

This game looks beyond awesome!! Customizable doll PLUS picture importing PLUS level editor PLUS level sharing.

Epic win.

4. traonk

traonk Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    student
    earth
  5. hirschy75

hirschy75 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Might have to get it depending on price

6. deathinacan

deathinacan Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    As a big fan of Stair Dismount, Truck Dismount, and PAIN (which is on PS3) I will definitely be buying this game. Please tell me not all of the themes are just filled with random objects. A city level, a pinball level, a construction site level, a trap-filled castle, a military base perhaps........yes? :)

If not I'll build them, but...in the trailer he falls down stairs into a room with nothing but a lamp, then down a random shaft...I'm hoping not all of the levels are random collections of dangerous objects...

7. DreadShade

DreadShade Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    #7 DreadShade, Mar 5, 2009
    omg it looks so nice!

a lot of features here, I will buy it I'm almost sure!

well, this is amazing, the features are awesome, looks well-made and advanced, but maybe the graphics could be a littel better, maybe in a future update?

ps: your screenshots doesn't work...

8. Midnight Status

Midnight Status Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Heh, this game title and all was on my list of games to do ;)

9. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    I'm on my Touch and don't see the screenshots.

10. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    screens work for me... Im on my mac

11. Hello

Hello Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    California;
    OMG, looks like somebody listened to that "port an interactive buddy" thing.
    i will buy =)

12. jawslover

jawslover Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    JERICHO, KS
    Looks really cool, like a more advanced version of free rider 2 sortof, or in away interactive buddy, I will buy it on release if it's $1.99 or below.

13. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Goodness that is violent lol. Have sadistic impulses much? Heh. I might check this out as a stress reliever like that Mr. Smith app :)

14. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Over 60 props!!! *drools*

15. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Screenshots not working on Windows/Firefox.

16. Oh wow, another Dismount fan. :D

Yeah, despite the chunky limbs, this looks like some seriously cathartic, sociopathic fun. WANT!

17. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

Man this looks GREAT. I'll buy it! Screenshots worked for me. I'm on a Mac. What's the price going to be? I want to know how much I'm going to spend.

18. Hondune

Hondune Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    #18 Hondune, Mar 5, 2009
    The price is set at $2.99.

The screens are linked to images stored on picasa, maybe that has something to do with the problem for some people seeing the images...

can everyone see the screen below?
    [​IMG]

<edit> I tried updating the links in the first post, hopefully the screens will work for everyone now...

19. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

I can see it just fine! Thanks for the info on the price.

We didn't get Kyper this week, and the Pocket God update is a day behind so this is perfect. I hope to see it tomorrow (with luck)

20. Scoobaru

Scoobaru Member

Mar 3, 2009
    This looks neat. Ragdoll physics never seems to get old to me. When you customize a ragdoll, does mass increase with the girth of the doll?