Universal OTTTD - (by SMG Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 21, 2014.

1. Oats

Oats Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Accounting Monkey
    Sunny California
    Updated: bug fixes

2. Turbobond

Turbobond New Member

Dec 13, 2012
    I really love this game on my iPhone 4s. Super clean, intuitive and intricate UI, piles of fun, just great. Except for the repeated crashes. It used to crash right at the start of mission 10, then when the mission was loading, and then when I was selecting team members and so on backwards until the app now just shows SMG then croaks. Deleted, reinstalled, cloud restored updated, nada. But I will definitely be diligent about finding a fix since this game is supa dupa.

3. ortolan

ortolan Active Member

May 17, 2014
    Looks good. I'll take a look. Very OTT...

4. rdmd

rdmd Well-Known Member

May 4, 2014
    Habakuk's husband
    with Habakuk
    #284 rdmd, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
    I'm stuck on level 25 damn. Does anyone have any tips? I really would appreciate it guys i love this game and want to finish it. I'm using lvl 47 bombardier,lvl 35 scientist and lvl 44 saboteur. All of their hit power is maxed up,what would be a good strategy for level 25? or should I level up my heroes?

EDIT: I beat it RIGHT AFTER I wrote this post lol great game,waiting for updates,I hope new levels will be coming.

5. Zunda

Zunda Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2014
    Can you share the solution here?

6. Wiarumas

Wiarumas Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2014
    Wow, started this game back up for the first time in a while to try out the new levels and 21 is brutal. Really strong units coming from all directions at the get go and not enough money to buy enough firepower to stop them.

Should I have spent time grinding levels on my units? I played through 1-20 when released and never had the need to grind levels so everyone is under level 20.

7. SMG Studio

SMG Studio Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2014
    #287 SMG Studio, Aug 8, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
    I've seen a couple different approaches from people so far. It's designed as the toughest map and it needs a well organised and systematic approach.

The best hints I can think of:

- always keep at least one tower on either side of the circle alive, as the cultists will occupy themselves there for a long time before moving on. THe Engineer with Repair Wave and some heavy duty armor can be helpful there. I'd even suggest the Tommy as a weapon over the Crucifixor here as the shorter range will allow more attention given to repairs.

- load up on enough skills to attack cultists manually through their cloaks.

- bring one heavy hitter on energy damage, and one on fire. The alternating energy/fire high resistance skulls should be taken on early (by the right hero), and ideally slowed down if possible.

- a third hero with impact damage is viable (not essential) as they can provide support in both streams as needed - the Shocking and Fiery Deaths are only 50% impact resistant.

- use enough impact weapons, towers, skills to stop the Hyperspiders before they can unload on the HQ.

Essentially, the map requires perfectly balanced firepower and a sharp attention span.

8. SMG Studio

Mar 9, 2014
    Beating mission with <lvl20 heroes is good! most people I think ended up with higher level heroes by that point but it's (evidently) not required.

If you have a look earlier in this thread (previous page), I provided some in-depth mission 21 advice and a gameplay video. My heroes were late 20s (just what I had in my data at the time) and I messed up a few times in that particular run, but hopefully it helps you.

It's a bit of a shakeup on the gameplay - you need to go forward on the attack at all times without a moment wasted. Use towers for support, slowdowns and just key areas for dmg output.

9. SMG Studio

Mar 9, 2014
    That's worrying to hear. We haven't seen too many iPhone 4s crash issues lately but we're continually looking for ways to reduce memory and eliminate issues. Are you on the most up to date version?

10. g0omba

g0omba Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Out of curiosity- how many people were able to beat this without IAP? I think it's pretty greedy to charge $5 for a game that's really difficult (from what I read) and to have timers?

11. SMG Studio

Mar 9, 2014
    Everyone that played it on Steam that finished the game, for starters. There's no iAP available but the balancing is identical.

Some people have said they had to grind to get through the tougher maps, but others flew through without any trouble. It depends on individual approach and the choices in upgrading heroes.

The latter part of the game is difficult (some argue it isn't) because we wanted to design a difficult game, not for greed. Experiences vary though, we've seen literally every different reaction imaginable to the game's balancing.

12. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Any chance of an update?

13. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I contacted support about an update a few months back. They told me they had a all update coming- you liars! This is not a small update, but I still love you ❤️

14. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    Downloaded this today not becouse of sale but becouse I am ill so I had to be in bed. My iPad Pro's battery stats:
    22% battery
    7h usage, 23h standby
    Last 24h:
    OTTD 71% - 4,1h on screen

I think that says how good the game is. 5/5

15. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Now FREE for the very first time!

16. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
  17. DarkScience

DarkScience Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Company Director
    Kent, UK
    OMG I am so stuck on fort gib!!!! Can anyone help? I must have tried it 30 times now!!!! I'm using engineer, saboteur and the guy with the grenade launcher. Getting really frustrating now!!

18. MonkeyChunks

MonkeyChunks Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Sorry, but I really didn't like this game. Polish of the game is good but the humor and gameplay is really missing the mark.

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I, on the other hand, really liked this game. Gameplay maybe cookie cutter, even with the character skills and growth, but they are done flawlessly in here. At the very least it showed an attempt at humor where most other good TDs dont even try to have anything at all (not just humor, but character to set the tone).

20. PraetorianX

PraetorianX Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    I also like that dark humour. Great TD game IMHO.