OtterBox, Case-Mate, SGP, or SwitchEasy?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Aussie, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Aussie

Aussie Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2010
    School.
    Commuter for iPhone 4, Hybrid Tough Case for iPhone 4, CapsuleRebel for iPhone 4, or Neo Hybrid for iPhone 4. Getting my first and only case
    For my iPhone 4 after trying on some other cases and I want to lmao if anybody has any of the cases from the ones shown above. Which one has good drop protection, style, and accessibility in the package. Thanks and if you have any pics please show:)

2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    I've never bought one, but Otterbox is known for their protection. So I would go with that if you really want to protect it. And they don't look too bad either.

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    CapsuleRebel without a shadow of a doubt, best case I've ever used for anything in my life.

4. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Just checked it out, looks great! I'm just not a fan of my buttons being covered.

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I think in most cases (no pun intended) I wouldn't like it either, but the iPod Touch 2G buttons are pretty sharp and not exactly nice to touch anyway... plus I hardly ever use them.

6. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    In that case (pun intended ;P) that makes perfect sense my man. It's a beauty.

7. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #7 Vovin, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010

YES, I fully agree!

I am using a SwitchEasy Rebel Capsule - the best case I ever had. Just throw the screen protectors away... nobody needs them.
    The exoskeleton with its (a little higher) borders on the front side already protects the iDevice from falling directly onto the screen. I dropped my 3GS three times in the last year, nothing ever happened to it.

You can access every button or slot easily with the case on; moreover, the Rebel Capsule gives you the best grip, no more accidental slipping. Protection from dust and shock is very good. It also fits perfectly on the device and the style of the SwitchEasy Capsules is cool.

8. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

hehe... sometimes I like my button being covered.

9. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    I used to have a RebelTouch for my old iPod touch 2g and it was great, nice aesthetics and functionality but I found it really hard to put on (small complaint) and the plastic 'skeleton' got really scratched up.

Only two gripes but if you can overlook them then go ahead and get the Capsule Rebel.

10. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Same here.