Universal Otherworld Legends (by ChillyRoom)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Lull4by, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    #121 Ijipop, Jan 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    Awesome update indeed.
    But I can’t seem to find the new NPJ Meyer?!?
    And for the new character is there a way to switch between 6 shooter and sniper ingame or do you have to switch power in the pause menu?!?
    Thanks!

also I can’t seem to find any use for red rubies other than exchanging them?!?
    Edit : oh! And potions.
    They ALWAYS cost grey diamonds? But when you have the ingredients they costs less?!? is that it?

and what is your favorite character?!?

L.Lawliet likes this.
  2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Yeah I'm not sure where Meyer is. Maybe I should reread the update notes.

As for the gunslinger, you have to buy her other guns as skills and you tap that skill to switch to that gun (like the shotgun). Then once you run out of ammo, it reverts to your revolver. To get the gun back / reload, you have to tap the skill again. It took me a while to figure this out as well.

You can actually combine a new gun skill + the bullet spam skill (the default skill) so it will spam for instance, shotgun shells in a short span of time.

Red rubies are more useless than blue but I think you can buy the new Olie outfit with it if I recall.

My favorite character is The shopkeeper, then the Archer, and third would be the Gunslinger. Though I might actually like her more than the archer because of all the different weapons. How about you? :)

Potions cost diamonds?? Eh?? I don't remember that. I never used them but I don't recall them ever costing diamonds. That sounds not worth it. You need those diamonds.

3. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Thanks for the answer!
    Could you suggest me a build for the Shopkeeper I am awful playing that one.

I must admit the knight is my favorite with Oli. The knight charge attack is incredible once you get use to it. It’s the only character I finished the game with actually. I must suck because I did multiple run with every character. Maybe my build are not that great. I have yet to unlock a lot of skills. So I basically play them vanilla.

4. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Wow I'm not sure how I missed this game originally but its really good. I love this style of game.

Quick question for you guys - I am playing landscaped on an IPad - all factory settings on the game, I haven't changed anything. Occassionlly I am having the Pause menu pop up in the middle of the screen - I can't tell what I'm pushing to make this happen but its super annoying. Any thoughts?

5. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Don’t know if this is of any help but on my iPad Pro, the pause menu seems to pop up if I tap and move slightly with 4 fingers.

6. Havelcek

Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Thanks, I'll try to figure if I'm doing that.

7. Havelcek

Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    What spec are you guys using for Katherine?

8. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Honestly, sounds like we have very different playstyles. I'm the absolute worst with the Knight and I don't think I'll ever play him again tbh. In most of my survival games, I rely on the dodge button and him being slow and without dodge is opposite of my preferred playstyle.

But anyhow, I can suggest you my favorite build in the game. For Peddler, I double up on "Swinging Kitty" his last skill. Then select the first style that lets him store 3 charges. It's so good because you can destroy any enemy or group of enemy within seconds. Also the skill has a vortex that sucks enemies into the attack which makes it great at just wiping a crowd (which is 90% of the game). Also great single target boss damage. With double of this skill, he'll have 4 uses and fully charged, no room of enemies can stop you. He's super speedy as well which makes him great to evade the enemy. I think I've had the easiest time with beating the game while using Peddler.

9. elcrazy

elcrazy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2017
    Just thing this out again. Was very put off by all the in apps but a couple people have brought me back for another try. Thanks @L.Lawliet lol.

If I buy all the characters is there any other in app I would need ? Do costumes do anything other then look different ?
    At the bar do are drinks permanent upgrade or just for a single run ?
    The store still seems overwhelming. Different types of currency, fragments for characters or costumes (which I asked above), pet food ?, weapon enhancer, continues and the memebership etc. Seems like a loooot. I don’t mind spending on stuff like characters. I’ll even buy them all if the game is worth it. But all that other stuff scares me. Then it looks like so much upgrading for different powers and whatever. Are those attainable through playing with said character ? Or is there more purchasing involved ?

Sorry for all the questions. Game feels and looks so fun. I just don’t want to invest too much time in something that will be endless spending on grinding.

10. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Basically at this point you actually don't need to buy anything since you can unlock characters with daily missions now (but it'll be veeeery slow). So if there's anything you want to buy, just buy characters. Don't buy anything else unless you enjoy the game and feel generous. I like the costumes but they're just visual. You get drink items across every map. They're consumable but I've never made a single drink since the game released. I have hundreds of ingredients. But I think they'll help if you really want to beat the game on a very hard difficulty. Pets they added recently so it's not necessary - I don't understand it too well but pet food seems to be mainly an iap thing but so far pets just pick up drops for you, they don't provide anything critical to success (I personally think they should've removed the pet food thing since pets are not very impactful). Character skills are bought with blue gems and you get those by playing the game / beating the game or buying them with IAP. I haven't bought any IAP besides characters.

If you're still testing the game, I'd just play with the characters that come with the game for 1-2 weeks. If it still seems fun after that you can buy more. There isn't really much else to say besides that the devs have been adding new content periodically including tons of new features and locations. Also the combat is really fun with each character playing very different - you have brawlers, archer, gunslinger, mage, etc. You'll find so many different playstyles instead of just a variation of one class type.

elcrazy likes this.
  11. Guillame

Guillame Member

May 22, 2014
    New to the game, a couple of questions:

- weapon acquired will b gone when battle ended?
    - the Peddler guy cant be acquired for free anymore?

thx guys