Ossian Studios - The Shadow Sun Announced

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by simulated, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Well, yes, I have not actually played this game in particular, but I have played (and enjoyed a great deal) both Neverwinter Nights and The Witcher. Being that the developers creating this game worked on both of those classic, extremely deep and story driven games I've got a good feeling that they won't let their pedigree go to waste.

2. Wow! This game seems to be getting some sweet words!

Really looking forward to this.

Could be a great way to end this year!

3. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I just realized the irony of this game being called The Shadow Sun

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    In an ideal world we'll get shadows, stunning latest graphics etc but i'm just not bothered by shadows ! I've got a small iphone, 16 gig, i would much rather be able to install this as a smaller size than much larger due to graphic enhancements. I'm sure if it sells well they 'might' do some additions/enhancements but for now i cant wait to enter this 'world' they've created and have a ton of fun with it. I think sometimes for a few dollars people just want so much !

5. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    I couldn't agree more!! :D That's pretty much what I was trying to convey in my last two posts. For what it's worth, this game looks like it's going to be incredible, and I'm perfectly happy with the way it is. :) I guess growing up in the days where a monochrome Gameboy was considered "cutting edge" has me in a different mindset for what's possible with today's mobile games.

6. Alan Miranda

Alan Miranda Well-Known Member

@redribbon – Yes, they are projected blob shadows and not projected real-time shadows (character shape and changing size/direction).

@Sidgoku123 – The shadows are in the trailer - you’ll see them at the base of the characters’ feet in every scene. These are the shadows we’ve had for the last couple of years of development using Unity 3. Sure real-time shadows are great, but I’m not terribly bothered by blob shadows. As I mentioned, it will take a bunch of work to do it to properly in Unity 4, so we’ll look at doing that in an update.

@unicowz – Yes, the iPod touch 4 is supported! In case anyone missed it from earlier in the thread, the game supports these devices (graphics will scale with the device):
    • iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad mini with Retina display
    • iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s
    • iPod touch 3, iPod touch 4, iPod touch 5

@psj3809 – It’s about 775mb.

7. Who cares about the shadows, this game looks great in the videos!

8. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Is it out? I can't see a thread for it in the released section

9. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Yes.... Where is this game??

10. Bill Harper

Bill Harper Member

Jul 3, 2013
    Developer
    It's slowly making its way around the globe even as I type this, so stay tuned. We already have a post in the Ossian forums from "A Proud Owner". :)