OS3.0 glitch: 12 app pages

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Crypton, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Thorero

Thorero Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Graphic Designer, 3D Modeller, Web Design
    Portugal
    So now it's just a question of how long until Apple notices this glitch, releases a new update, and part of the update removes this feature?

2. jaiho

jaiho New Member

Aug 24, 2009
    crypton, please help!!

crypton, im stuck with 11pages on my ipod touch and its really frustrating can you please help me i really need more pages if you could just explain me how to do it, i would really appreciate it. thanks for your time :)

3. Crypton

Crypton Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Germany
    Well, all you need is:
    * OS3.0
    * first and second page full
    * third to tenth page at least on app
    * eleventh page full

Then you:
    * move the Voice Memo App to the last (eleventh) page, to the last position (lower right hand corner)
    * move one additional app into the last page, so that the Voice Memo app jumps over the edge
    * power circle (hold power button, confirm shutdown, hold power button)

You should now have:
    * the Voice Memo App on the last position on the first page!
    * the (prior) last app should be on the newly created second page

redo as often as you like.

:) many more apps on one iPod/iPhone
    :( power on takes a little longer (I currently have 16 app pages)
    :) more apps to play with
    :( swiping through the 16 pages is not as smooth as only 11 pages, but its only barely visible
    :) more apps to group into individual pages
    :( managing 16 pages is cumbersome...
    :) more apps

As you can see, there are more positives than negatives :D

BTW: I would like to know if this is still possible with OS3.1!! So if anyone with 3.1 beta can confirm this it would be super cool!

4. Fe1

Fe1 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    I'd like to bump this awesome tip by Crypton, because though I saw that we had invisible pages in the sync area on iTunes, I never was able to see the apps without spotlight.

I now have 12 pages showing on my iDevices! I'll go for at least 15. And I guess it's a feature here to stay, since there has already been one iTunes update since this last post. THANKS CRYPTON!

5. PhagoCychotic

PhagoCychotic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    ^ I've gone as high at 30+, so it's possible

6. Fe1

Fe1 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    I noticed that the apps go screwy if you add/delete apps a lot (as I do). For example, the last "invisible page" app tries to find a space in a regular page, bumping down other apps. It's fine if you don't have a system, but I do. Utilities on one page, games on another, newspapers, etc.

Since I have three iDevices, I am just going keep one where I don't move around the apps and just add the extra pages there.

7. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    Why does Apple keep the number of app pages so low? What reasons do they have to keep it low?

8. KGameLover1

KGameLover1 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    I have no idea. This can probably be done with iBlank, as well, guys, if your iDevice is jailbroken. Can anyone test that? iBlank crashes my iTouch, but thats because I need so much stuff running.