Orions 2

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Vernimator, Nov 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maankn

maankn Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Those picture are really fantastic and wonderful. This game of background is really awesome. I really like that game it is really interesting and entertained game. I have always playing this game and all people are liking this game. It is really fantastic action game.

2. Kyle Poole

Kyle Poole Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Great news, I'm looking forward to this! Considering that the Windows Mobile version of Deckmasters costs like $13 (as an add-on, you also need to own the original!), I will be willing to pay up to $2.99 for the iPhone version! :p

But why did it take them more than two and a half years to port to iPhone??

3. IzzyNobre

IzzyNobre Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    That's a good question.

Also, hats off to you, Kyle, for being a good sport on the competitor's thread.

4. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    Just wondering

Just wondering what it might take for my interest to wane again. If the game is not available by January 10th or so, I would think I'd be getting very antsy and upset.

It's been far too long already.

5. NagaRoyalGuard

NagaRoyalGuard Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    #85 NagaRoyalGuard, Dec 23, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2010
    I just noticed that the price for Orions has dropped to 1$. Hopefully that's a sign that the release of Orions 2 is imminent!

6. mojoman0

mojoman0 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2009
    will there be retina display support?

7. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    I'm holding you to your word, Pavel! I've been hanging by my thumbs for way too long for Orions 2. I interpret the "beginning" of January as being the first third of the mont, so I expect an announcement the game has been submitted to the store within two weeks.

Honestly, guys, why would you hold it up for even one day more?

:confused:

8. IzzyNobre

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    I cannot wait for this game anymore. So stoked!

9. kraivyne

kraivyne Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    I am a huge follower of Orion's, but the one thing i just don't seem to understand is the lack of information that the developers provide.

After following multiple game markets and companys and even working in a few, I find it almost ridiculous the lack of information and updates that this developer puts out.

How can you have a game that is the only significant game of its genre on a system and still not want to publicize/advertise and inform the public about what exactly is in the game and when a specific release date is due.

Don't get me wrong, I will be buying Orion's when its released. I just don't understand why the only people hyped about the game are the players; while the developers seem to see it as just another generic release.

Its sad to be honest.

10. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    Developer responses

To their credit, Pavel has answered my emails and has responded on the forum as well.

11. kraivyne

kraivyne Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    That's great and all but what about the promotion of their game?

We would not even know about it if no one stumbled across their website and saw the banner.

They really need to step up their game if they want to even attempt half decent sales.

12. IzzyNobre

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    #92 IzzyNobre, Dec 30, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
    He used to answer my emails all the time back in the day. Not anymore.

Edit: nevermind, he answer my emails today, and if I get his permission to share the news with you, I'll tell you guys what I know.

kraivyne is right -- Orions is kinda mismanaged. Theirs is the ONLY significant TCG in the entire AppStore and they don't realize it. With the right marketing, Orions could be HUGE.

13. idragoncool

idragoncool Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Rock Musician
    I cannot wait to purchase this! But i really wish you guys brought "Azgard defence, Nanobotz and Enslave" to itouch ill pay whatever i just want those and it would be awesome if their Universal apps too!:D

14. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    I'm looking forward to both Orions 2 and Shadow Era.

From what I have played of Shadow Era in my browser, it seems like a very simple (and very beautiful) attempt at Magic: The Gathering (not at all a bad thing).

Orions seems to have a bit of extra flavor with it, with some interesting features revolving around card "positioning" on the board - something largely absent from magic - and an interesting system where where casting exhausts resources permanently, forcing a largely different playstyle than the M:TG and Shadow Era-esque ever-growing mana pools.

I hope that the Orions 2 is MUCH more stable than the first iOS release, however. As an earlier TA user commented (either in this thread or in a different one), playing Orion is often frustrating and feels like I have paid to participate in an abandoned beta. If both games are stable and have minimal glitch issues, you can both count on purchases.

15. IzzyNobre

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    Just got an interesting email from Pavel. If he allows me to, I'll be able to share some cool news soon.

16. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    n.e.e.d.
    N.o.w.

17. Menneisyys

Menneisyys Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Me too. Hope he also sends me the stuff he's promised ;-)

18. IzzyNobre

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    I'm waiting too. Can't wait. Too bad I have to leave for work soon :(

19. Menneisyys

Menneisyys Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Hope he sends it before he leaves for celebrating the new year :) It's pretty late there in Russia.

20. IzzyNobre

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    Well, I don't think so. Maybe tomorrow!

I told him over email what we've been talking about here -- how Orions BEGS for multiplayer mode, how the price point needs to be lowered, how they should come up with better marketing than the last time around (which is to say, no marketing at all).

I suggested assynchronous multiplayer, but he doesn't think Orions would work well because the moves never take longer than 10 seconds anyway. Yes, individual moves are quick, but the game itself takes a bit longer, and assynchronous is the BEST way to play a turn based game on a mobile platform.

You and I all know Orions is still unparalelled in the AppStore. They seem a bit out of touch with the AppStore enviroment, sadly. They don't seem to see the potential. Give it multiplayer, give it a decent marketing campaign (how come NO ONE knows this game is about to come out but us?!?!?), and give it a prive that better reflects the AppStore ecosystem -- $5 for a relatively unkown, buggy game with no lite version and no marketing, that went for over 2 years without any updates and they wonder why it didn't sell well?!?!

I hope they learned valuable lessons with the first Orions. Here's hoping the second one will be a hit.